Part 4

Double Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was forgetting something!

She wasn’t sure of what but the nagging feeling in the back of her mind was there all the same.

Her clothes to her PA class later? Check.

History paper, finished at the cracks of dawn earlier? Check.

List and money for the groceries her mother had asked her to make after school? Check.

Then, what could it be?

“Seulgi? Hey! Seulgi!” Wendy was trying to get the girl’s attention for a while now and when her friend finally acknowledge her, she continued. “You’re slower than usual today and kinda looking like a mess! What happened?”

“Argh! Don’t even remind me. I have a test later on and also a paper due today, so I’ve spend the whole night working on them.”

After her explanation was done, Seulgi ducked her head on the table and closed her eyes. Now, only being able to listen Wendy taking off her materials for their class.

“I only had two hours of sleep. Honestly, I am surprised I’ve even managed to get here clothed.”

Despite finding the situation funny, Wendy couldn’t help to feel sorry for her friend.

“You need to learn how to organize things better, Seul.” The girl kindly said. “Why don’t you get a tutor?”

Seulgi scoffed. “And spend more time that is necessary in here? No thanks.”

“It doesn’t have to be here, dummy. You could always study elsewhere. I mean, I bet that Sunmi wouldn’t mind. She would propably make a date out of it.” Wendy could’t miss the chance to tease the other girl.

“Oh my god, stop!” Seulgi quickly got her head off the table. “She doesn’t like me in that way.”

Seulgi was blushing now, wich Wendy found adorable. In Wendy’s oppinion, Seulgi was a weird mix of cute and attractive, usually an association that didn’t go together but the girl seamed to be an exception. Wendy knew for sure that some guys and girls in their school had some interest in the girl, but Seulgi would always brush it off and say that they were only being friendly.

“Ok, sorry. It was just a idea.”

“Besides, I rather have you as my tutor.”

“Wich I’m not, by the way.” Wendy sighed and, after thinking a little, concluded. “But yeah, I think I could help you with some things.”

“Really?” Seulgi asked surprised. “That’s great! I love you Wendy. You are an angel.”

“Ew! Stop with the gross stuff before I change my mind.”

Seulgi looked at her best friend and showed her most charming smile. “Oh, Wendy, you know you couldn’t.”

 

 

Later that day, Seulgi and her classmates were in a corner of the basketball court waiting for their PA class to start.

“Alrigh, listen up everybody.” Their teacher said while entering. “Due to a conflict of schedule, we’re going to share the court with another class today. With that being said, let’s start warming up. Come on, you guys know the drill.”

Seulgi heard the students around her groan. The ‘drill’ was ten laps around the court (without stopping or you would have to start all over again) followed by a series of extra exercises (also without stopping) accompanied with a healthy dose of screaming from their teacher and lack of oxygen for themselves.

During her seventh lap, Seulgi noticed the students of the other class entering the gymnasium. While catching sight of two familiar students, she tripped at her own feet and almost falled to the ground.

It was Irene’s and Joohyun’s class. Both had their hair tied in a ponytail and the school uniform – black shorts and white shirts – and even their shoes were the same white sneakers. Their only difference were in the colorful bracelets on Irene´s wrist. With that sight, Seulgi felt like she was losing the little breath that she had managed to keep.

The group was diverse and besides the sisters, Seulgi reconized others faces like Joy and Nayeon. When she passed by Joy, the girl gave her a little wink and a cinic smile wich made Seulgi decide to be more careful during the next hour.

Each professor followed through the class with their own routines and both groups didn’t had the chance to mingle much. Seulgi was more distracted than usual since she couldn’t help herself to take a peek at the other half of the court

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter