Chapter 8

Ms. Little Assassin

Sarang seemed shattered for the next week  and it was spilling out to her performance in school. And although I didn't want to be that person, I seemed to be the one she was leaning on in mourning of her father. She was sitting with me during lunch, and on our breaks. She even gave me a hug, and I her back just because I felt like I had to. Taehyung really tried to be there for Sarang, although he was being a little distant with me he still sat with us so he could comfort her and throw jokes her way so she'd break a smile. 
 

"Taehyung". He ignores me as he puts his backpack on and closes his locker. He looks at me, deep brown eyes, and then he turns around and start walking away. I follow him but feel my arm being grabbed by Sarang, I turn around to look at her, and she looks a little sad.
"Can we hang out today?" she asks. I don't know why but I tell her ofcourse.
"Taehyung!" Sarang exclaims making him turn around. He walks back, smiles at her totaly ignoring me, "Yes?".
"Can you join us tonight? We'll be hanging out at Jia's".

 

I made sure there was no evidence left out. I can't believe I was actually letting them into my house but if I didn't I would be suspicious. Also it was only Taehyung and Sarang, only two people. Only two people to get rid of if something went wrong.

Sarang looked around my flat before  she sits down in the sofa and takes out bottles of soju. She smiles at us, a little sad smile and then she opens up a bottle and takes a sip. 
"Wow, calm down" Taehyung says. He is clearly worried about her. Sarang giggles, and then she pats Taehyung's head, "you're so kind" she says. I don't know why but it makes me smile. Sarang's hand stillo has a firm grip on the neck of the bottle, she looks at it determinately and then brings it u to and starts downing it. Both mine and Taehyung's eyes open wide in shock, but only Taehyung does something about it,  he grabbs the bottle and pulls it away from her. She's already drank of the bottle in one go. 
"Alcoholism is not the answer" I say.
"God, you don't even know how to sound like a normal teenager do you?" Taehyung mutters and rolls his eyes at me. I furrow my eyebrows at him but he doesn't care. He turns to Sarang, "Hey Sa, doing this won'thelp. But if you want we'll drink with you so you feel less lonely ok?" he says.

We drink, we play games and Sarang talks about her father and how much she loved him although he wasn't the best. By the end of the night she is too drunk so Taehyung and I put her to bed.
"You know I didn't think you were a sociopath, but seeing how you can just hang out with her as if everything is normal when you killed her father is honestly digusting" Taehyung says  looking straight into my eyes. I feel hurt.
"Cool" I say, I don't break eyecontact. Taehyung looks dissapointed, but I don't understand what he wanted me to respond to that. Infact I didn't understand why he was angry with me at all, I should be angry with him. I didn't even know who he was. He turns around, openes the door and leaves. I make sure the door closes properly and is locked before I head to bed.

I feel fingers running across my skin, My cheek is tingling so I slowly open my eyes, and when she notices she pulls her hands back fast. Sarang's cheeks go red and she is looking at me with adorable eyes as if she has just been caught comitting a crime.
"Sorry. Uhm, I thought this was a dream. I don't kno-"

I am not interested in what she is saying so I cut her off, "there are 2 glasses ofwater and some aspirin on the table next to you if you need it".  She nodds slowly and I get out of bed. I look at her to see if she is drinking the water but her whole face has gone red, and I've realised that I should probably not only sleep in a t-shirt when other people are in my bed.

When Sarang has gone home  I sit down infront of the computer in my workroom and think things through. Who was Kim Taehyung? I had done a background check on him in our data and everything he told me checked out in our data base. Kim Taehyung, 17 year old boy from Daegu. Even his social media checked out. His social media went back years, there was comments of his friends from Daegu. In all senses Kim Taehyung was real. But I knew he wasn't. Who was he? I needed Ahjussi, if not Ahjussi I needed BAM. I needed to get in contact with someone who could tell me what was going on. But there was no way for me to contact them, the only way I was hearing from them now is through physical mail that mysteriously show up in my apartment, or through an unknown number when I need to know if the mission was sucessful or failed. But I needed answers, do I trust Taehyung or not? Maybe I could investigate him myself, if I made him trust me he would open up, wouldn’t he?


So somehow I found myself at Namjoon's party. With this amount of partying I did not understand how student's managed to study as well. But it was quite clear, as this is a private school most students were rich, and money solves alot of problems. I didn't want to be here, but Ahjussi's last wish before he left was for me to atleast try to socialise and be a regular teen. And also I wanted to make up with Taehyung, lure him in on my side. Namjoon had invited somepeople from university as well, one of them tried talking to me. "Hello, I'm Yoongi, I'm friends with Namjoon", I look at him. He is smiling a little. "Not much of a talker then are you?" he says out of nervousness. "Yeah she can be a little intimidating" I hear Namjoon say, he puts his arm around me, "But Jia is really cool". I can't help but feel a little glad about that. Namjoon hands me a drink and then he leaves. to go talk to someone else. I look at Yoongi, "yeah sorry, I can be a little mean sometimes". "You don't come of as mean just a little stuck up-ish" Yoongi says, and it makes me laugh. He laughs along, happy I understood it was a joke. We keep talking and laughing and I am for the first time in my life, just relaxing and having fun.
"So, do you have a boyfriend?" Yoongi asks. His tone hasn't changed. Stull sounds friendly.
"She does". I feel an arm  be placed around my waist. I know it's  Taehyung so I don't panic, I look at him and an eyebrow. He looks down at me and smiles for an answer. Yoongi clears his throat and Taheyung and I both look over at him at the same time. "I'll go catch up with my friends now. Lovely to meet you Jia, I'll add you on Katalk" he says and leaves. 
I turn to  Taehyung as I push his arm of me.
"What was that?"
"What was what?"
"Boyfriend?"
"I didn't like how interested he was in you" Taehyung says non-challantly
"I thought we weren't on speaking terms" I say. 
"We aren't. But you looked too pretty, I had to come over and do this". Taehyung leans in and I don't stop him. Magic! His hand is played on my cheeck and I never want him to let go of me. I tell myself I am doing it to gain his trust. This was all for the mission, but I knew it was more than that when my fingers grabbed his shirt to pull him in a little closer. The music around us was fading out, the world was gone. It was just me and him, him and me. Jia and Taehyung. Jia and Taehyung.
"JIA AND TAEHYUNG. GET A ROOM!"