Chapter 5

Ms. Little Assassin

"You look shredded, you ok?" it's Taehyung's voice. I hadn't been able to go to sleep over the weekend, because of Ahjussi leaving. But also because of the kiss from the stranger. I can't believe I was blinded by the mystery man, I can't believe I let him get away. I turn around as I close my locker and look at Taehyung who is smiling at me. Brown warm eyes. Warm eyes. I look at his right hand, he has a band-aid over his knuckles. Everything in my head clicks. Like the gears of a clock that has starting working again my mind is putting everything in place and I grab his shirt pushing him against the lockers.
"Where were you 2 nights ago?" I ask
He looks confused. Surprised. Shocked and horrified.
"My Aunt fell sick so I ran the restauarant"
"How did you hurt your hand?"
"I got angry and punched the wall. My parents told me something I didn't want to hear. Let me down Ji everyone is staring". Everyone in the corridoor were indeed staring. I let him go and run away. Taehyung is after me.
"STAY THE AWAY FROM ME" I yell at him as we are outside school grounds.
"What did I do?"
"You're a ing nark. Or something along those lines. You've been lying to me this whole time. You don't live with your aunt. And she is not ing sick." and I realise I am getting emotional. What has happened to me? Emotions are irrational, they don't belong in a rational being.
"If you don't believe me, I'll take you to my place"

He is correct, he does live with his aunt. Who currently looks like she is going to kill him for skipping school and bringing home  a girl. Their house is connected to a restauarant which she has to attend to. She leaves us warning Taehyung that if he tried anything funny she would tell his parents. I look around and everything looks normal. Taehyung is looking at me worried. 
"Are you ok?"
I look at him and lie, kinda, "I am sorry. I have just been going through alot lately". Taehyung smiles a little.
"That's why you should have friends. So you have someone to lean on when you're having ty days Ji. I forgive you". He walks up close to me and pats my head.

I decide to skip school for the rest of the week. I had done a background check on Taehyung and he came out squeky clean. Just a boy from Daegu living in Seoul with his aunt. His parents are just farmers that earn a good amount of money.
Come friday evening I am sitting in my couch rotting. I chomping on ice cream while writing notes on how to take out Mr. Kang. He had hightened security around him since the first attempt, it was going to be difficult to do something like that again.
Ding Dong
I get up from the couch groaning. I check the camera and it's Taehyung standing there, smiling. How does he manage to always be happy? I open the door.
"How do you know where I live?"
"I slept over, remember?"
"YOU'VE SLEPT OVER AT HER PLACE???" Sarang chimes and exposes herself. , I didn't want people knowing where I live, now it's 2.
"What is she doing here?"
"I didn't think I alone would be able to pursuad you to join our hangout, party, so I brought Sarang along". I look at him like I am going to kill him but he doesn't stop smiling, I shift my eyes to Sarang who is also smiling at me with hope, and he is correct, it's almost like I don't want to say no to her.
I sigh, "Give me 10 minutes to get ready"
"Can we come in?"
"No". I close the door.

 

We are at Sarang's place. We were 7 people, a small party is what she was calling it. She'd managed to get a hold of some soju from her parents and I am already regretting coming here. We are in a circle about to play truth of dare with some music playing in the background. Currently everyone is just talking to each other. I am sitting beside Taehyung, I lean a little towards him.
"Why did you bring me here? You know I don't enjoy things like this" I whisper. I look at him, he leans in to my ear, his lips almost touching it, making my body a little stiff. I've realised that ever since that kiss with the stranger I have been longing for something I'd never longed for in my life, to be touched.
"You need a little cheering up Ji. Just give it a chance, Sarang put this together for you. She really wants to be your friend". And I want to kill her father is what I don't say. Taehyung leans out and my eyes go to look around the room, Sarang is looking at us, and although she is smiling, I can see it in her eyes. The hint of jealousy.

One thing I have never understood about teenagers was the willingness to swap saliva so easily. It was all about hormones I guess. I had just watched 4 people swap saliva between themselves. Whenever I had been dared to do something like that I decided to take a shot instead. And this time I wasn't faking it. The bottle lands on Taehyung and it is Sarang's turn to ask a question. 
"Who do you have a crush on?"
"Jia" he says with no hesitation. The other girls look just a little dissapointed but everyone is making an "oooooo~" sound and I am non-chalant about it. I don't blush, or acknowlegde what he has just confessed to infront of everyone. Instead I am concentrated on how the alcohol is starting to hit me. I was feeling a little numb.

I am leaning on Taehyung's chest, my forhead  touching the middle of his pecks  as my eyes are closed so I can try to orient myself again. "Hey my dad has offered to let his driver drop you guys of home" I hear the high pitched voice, I lean away from Taehyung, my forehead leaving his chest. My eyes open and I look at Sarang, she is smiling at me genuinly, and I realise how cute she is. I smile back at her.
"Thank you for inviting me. It helped me think about other things" I say. She brights up, blushes and says it's fine, and that she hopes I come back to school soon. For being a rich and popular kid she is not bad at all.

Although I am drunk I still know what is important. Taking Mr. Kang out. Turns out this is his personal driver, this is the car Mr. Kang takes everywhere. So I make sure to stick a tracker and a bug under the backseat. Before Taehyung and I get off. I don't realise Taehyung has followed me all the way up until we reach my door and I turn around to face him. At this point I am drunk, but not on the same level as Taehyung was weeks ago. He is looking me in the eyes, and I am him. Is this what hormones were? The urges I was feeling? But I am not a normal teenager, I don't have these urges. Atleast not until that kiss, my first kiss with the stranger. It seems he has opened pandoras box and now I can't seem to close it. Taehyung pats my head, his cheeks are a bit rosy, from the cold, or maybe the alcohol, or maybe due to the fact that he is now only standing inches away from me when there is tension in the air. 
"You're cute" he blurts as his hand slides from the top of my head to carrass my cheek. I stretch my head a little moving in but Taehyung instead pulls me into a hug.
"You're drunk. I want you to kiss me because you want to. Not because you're drunk" he says as I am feeling the warmth of his body against mine. We stay like that for a while before I bring myself to pull away from him. 
"See you in school Tae" I say feeling slightly more like myself now. I unlock my door and go in, making sure to close the door behind me. This was a weird night.