Chapter 7

Ms. Little Assassin

"Isn't it interesting how a normal boy from a farm in Daegu would have a gun in his desk drawer" I say, my hand resting on the trigger. His hands are still up in the air. 
"Put your arms down, you're gonna get tired" I say and so he does. Still aiming at his head I walk over to his closet, I open it and he's thrown a fully black outfit in there, as if he was stressed.
"Ji, just put the gun down and we can talk"
"Oh don't worry. I don't shoot on accident, so when I do, you'll know it's because I wanted to" I say smiling at him.
"So tell me Taehyung, what is a boy from Daegu doing with a gun in his desk drawer? I think you know how difficult it is to get a gun in Korea right?". I am looking him in the eyes and he feels betrayed. Probably because I just kissed him, and then pulled a gun on him, but atleast now he knew how I felt.
"Come on Ji, put the gun down. If I wanted to kill you I would have done it already so do me the favor and don't kill me" he says in a genuine voice. 
"I don't believe you'll tell me what I want to know if you don't fear for your life Tae". I walk up to him, my aim changes from his head to his heart and his time the gun is pressing against his chest.
"Listen Ji. I don't want to call for backup. Please put the gun down and we'll talk. I know you're struggling with your father leaving, you're not in a good headspace, let me help you". I just get angrier and push the gun harder against his chest. I look him in the eyes and calm down.
"I know it's not loaded. You're just waiting to see if I'd really shoot you. Or if I warmed up to you enough to not blow your brains out" I say and pull the gun away. His hand goes to my head and he pats it smiling.
"You're so smart" he says and then he leans in, places his lips briefly on mine and then leans out, casually, as if we were dating
"I'll actually shoot you if you keep kissing me" I say.
"I am not the enemy Ji" he says as he grabs the gun away from me. He puts it in his backpocket, looks me in the eyes and then smiles. I am distracted by his eyes, and the way his hands are grabbing me by the waist and pulling me towards his warm body. I am distracted by how he fully trusts me to not reach around and grab the gun again and shoot him right there and then, but then again the gun is not loaded. I forget about my questions when he doesn't hesitate in pushing his lips fully onto mine, making me close my eyes, move his lips on mine, pull back a bit, smile and then move his left hand from my waist to my cheek only to push his lips on mine again. And I am burning on the inside, a fire is shooting through me and I never want him to let go, I never want him to stop. But I do want him to stop, I want this to stop, these feelings, these erratic emotions, this is not who I am. I push him off all so suddenly and I can see clear confusion in his face.
"Sorry, did I do something wrong?"
"You're playing with me so you don't have to answer my questions Tae and I am not having it!". My eyes are hard but Taehyung's are soft.
"I am not playing with you-"
I don't let him continue. "What. Was. Your. Mission?" I say the words individually.
"I have 2 missions. First one, is to look out for you. Keep you safe, etc. The second one is to make sure you don't kill Kang Hyungjin" he says.
"Well you failed at one of those"
His eyes go wide and my phone chimes. I take it out of my pocket, and look at the screen, "succcess", a text message sent by an unknown  number. 
"You killed Sarang's father after she was so nice to you? After she kissed you???" I hear the judgement in his voice and for some reason I care.
"You know what I am so I don't know why you are surprised"
"And what are you exactly Ji? A murderer? A psycho? because I don't believe that's what you are, that's what they want you to think you are" he says as he is getting closer to me. And he is staring into my eyes.
"Who the are you!?" I raise my voice this time. "Why the do you think you know me? Huh? Because we've spent some time in school together? Or maybe because I let you talk to me a few times? Because we shared a kiss that means absolutely nothing to me? You think you know me so well Taehyung but you don't!".
He is quiet and his face goes blank again, and I can't read him. He smiles, but I can't tell how he'sr really feeling.
"My name is Kim Taehyung. I am 17 years old. I am from Daegu, I moved to Seoul for school and i live with my aunt" he says as he backs up and sits on his bed, all the while looking at me.
"Who do you work for?"
"I just work part-time at my aunt's resturaunt" he says as he takes his phone out from his pocket. 
"No, I mean who do you actually work for?" I am getting impatient. And Taehyung is now only looking at his phone.
"I don't know what you are talking about Ji"
He looks up from his phone and I realise he isn't going to tell me anything. There is a knock on his door, followed by the door opening by his "aunt", she is smiling at me.
"It's late, and you guys have school tomorrow. I would suggest it's time you head home Jia".