Chapter 6

Ms. Little Assassin

"Want to go to that ddeokbeokki place after school today?"
I look up at Taehyung, his boxy smile as attractive as usual, he seems to have trimmed a bit of his hair but it's still styled the same way, down front. I close my locker and start walking away, he follows.
"If you're emb-"
"I am not"
"Ok then why are you ignoring me" he grabbs my arm to stop me. I turn to look at him.
"I always ignore you" I say. He his head a little to the side. And then for the first time, I see him roll his eyes in annoyance. 
"Fine. I'll leave you alone" he says, and then he walks past me.

Taehyung actually leaves me alone for the rest of the day. He doesn't even try to talk to me during lunch, he doesn't sit with me, instead he decides to sit with Namjoon and Sarang, Sarang tries to pursuade me to go sit with them but I am not in the mood. I am not in the mood for anything right now. I don't feel like myself. I hated this.

"Can we hang out?". I am looking straight into her eyes. I don't really know why I am not asking Taehyung this instead, he is right beside her, looking at me with shock. I do enjoy his company, but maybe I was a little embarassed about trying to kiss him, or maybe I just didn't trust him yet. Sarang smiles, nodds her head and then tells me to wait for her by her by the school gates after school.

"Hey, can I join you guys?"
"No". I look at Taehyung, no emotions. Sarang shruggs then she tells me we should head off and as we walk away I feel Taehyung's eyes burn into my back. Suspicious.

 

We are sitting in Sarang's bed and she is showing me her tarot cards. We have been here for a while and she has actually shown to be entertaining. She decides to give me a reading about my future and I don't mind it.
"A great love, full of hardship and pain is coming your way" she says looking up from the card into my eyes. I shrugg.
"Do you like Taehyung?" she asks putting the cards away. I take my blazer off and the top button of my shirt. I hated this school uniform. Sarang swallows hard.
"He's fine. Just like you're fine" I say. Sarang seem a little confused. I don't realise but she's turned my palm over and she is playing with the lines in my palm. 
"You like him romantically" I say. It's not a question, it's a statement. But she shakes her head. She has to be lying, I am never wrong about these things. 
"No, I do like him. Very much, but not romantically. It's actually difficult being his friend and being jealous" she whispers looking down into my palm. She looks up at me, takes a breath in and then leans over, placing her lips on mine. My eyes close automatically, I don't move, but I don't have a chance to because she removes her lips from mine before I have a chance to do anything. 
"I am so sorry. I don't know why I did that" she says looking around, not making eyecontanct with me. She's moved back a bit. 
"It's fine. Don't worry" I say. Her eyes look up but not at me, instead she is scanning her room trying to avoid looking at me. 
"Do you want me to leave?" I ask her. She nodds slowly.

I leave her room only to go to their bathroom. I pull my laptop out to check their security cameras. The houseworker has just put Mr. Kang's medicine and water on his desk and according to his schedule he is not due to come in 5 minutes. I disable their cameras, leave the bathroom slowly and head to Mr. Kang's office. I take out the poison, look around, put a drop in, close the lid, put it back in my pocket and then head out. I run into Mr. Kang on the stairway and he doesn't even look at me twice as I greet him, he thinks I am just one of Sarang's friends.

 


I don't know why I am here, but I guess it's because he is the closest thing I have to a friend. It's late, his aunt will probably be angry. I ring the bell and about 10 seconds later he is standing infront of me. 

"You ok?"
"Sarang kissed me". I look at Taehyung and he looks surprised. 
"Did you like it?" he asks a bit unsure.
"I don't know". My eyes meet his and I walk over. Taehyung pulls me into a hug and pats my head slowly. 
"I didn't know I had competition" he jokes. I can't help but giggle a little and he pulls away looking at me with a smile. 
"Did you just laugh? Omg, so you are human?". I look away to his desk cluttered with papers from school. And then I look up at him again, and I smile. He pushes my hair behind my ear.
"Do you want to talk about why you've been more distant than usual? Is it because I told you that I like you?" he asks trying to fill up the silence. Humans are weird, especially teenagers. We let feelings cloud our judgement so quickly we don't see what's been infront of us the whole time. I grab Taehyung's shirt, pull him in and land my lips on his. Magic. My body is warm and tingly, and when Taehyung's hand land on my hips pulling me in closer I loose my breath, I loose my train of thought and all I want is to be in his arms forever. I remind myself to bring myself back to earth, and when I do I lean out of the kiss. Taehyung is smiling at me. I walk past him to his desk, I hear him talk but I am not really listening, instead I open the drawer pull out his gun and turn around holding it, aiming towards his head as he has his hands up.