It's unfair

When Blood Meets Silver

At last, Friday.

Hyunjin sat outside, looking up at the darkening sky. At any minute now, Jinsol could show up, and Hyunjin couldn't keep her legs quiet, as they bounced back and forth, hanging on the porch.

Then, a couple minutes later, Jinsol's scent reached her nose, making her jump to her feet. And apparently, she wasn't alone. There was another scent.

Jinsol's deep blue BMW came into view, slowing down as it approached the residence. Hyunjin squinted, so she could try and understand who was the girl beside Jinsol, in the passenger's seat.

"Yerim?!" Hyejoo's voice boomed as the front door barged open. "Holy , Gowon, Heejin, Yerim's here!"

Hyunjin stood still, observing as the three girls ran and gave barely any time for Yerim to get off the car before engulfing her into a hug. Yerim hugged them back, her ear to ear grin so genuine and contagious, it made Hyunjin smile as well.

"I missed you guys so much!" Yerim said, her voice just as lively. "Are you okay? Are your injuries better now?" She pulled away, taking a better look at the girls, scanning Heejin's arm and Chaewon's leg.

"We're fine, doing nothing but resting and playing Switch all week," Chaewon said. "I can walk without any pain now!"

"And my arm is just fine as well, it doesn't hurt when I try to move it anymore." Heejin gave her a thumbs up.

Yerim shifted her attention to Hyejoo, cupping her cheeks. "What about you, Hyejoo? Are you adapting well?"

Hyejoo closed her eyes for a couple seconds, and when they came open again, Yerim gasped.

"Oh my god, they're... beautiful."

"They are," Chaewon mumbled, as if looking at Hyejoo's silver eyes for the first time.

"I'm great. Hyunjin has guided me ever since the beginning."

Four pairs of eyes focused on Hyunjin.

"Hyunjin!" Yerim walked past the girls, rushing in her direction, and Hyunjin widened her eyes. Yerim grabbed her hand and shook it full of enthusiasm, her eyes wandering from her tattooed arm, to her neck and forehead. "I'm finally meeting you! Oh, it's an honor!"

"H-Hi, Yerim. Yeah, I'm finally meeting you too, after hearing Jinsol mentioning your name every three seconds."

Yerim let out a small gasp, taking a hand to her opened mouth. "She... talks about me? Why?"

Hyunjin rolled her eyes. "Goddess, I wonder why."

Yerim frowned. "Huh?"

"Nothing, nothing. It's nice to meet you, Yerim." And by the corner of her eyes, she could see Jinsol getting off her car, saying hello to the girls as she walked towards them. "Here comes a hug like she hadn't seen me in a year in three, two, one..."

And as she finished the countdown, Jinsol pulled her in for such hug.

"I did say you would be the one running for a hug," Hyunjin said.

"And I said you were right. I missed you." Jinsol squeezed her body.

"I missed you too," Hyunjin whispered near her ear.

"Oh, your tsundere is on a break!"

"Did you bring what I asked?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you. I'll tell you when you can bring it."

Jinsol pulled away and kissed her cheek. "Now go carry the blood inside."

Hyunjin nodded, and as she was about to walk towards her car, she stopped when her eyes landed on Heejin hugging Yerim again, a grin adorning both faces.

"She's so cute," Jinsol said.

"She is."

"Yerim?"

"Heejin."

"Holy, who are you and what did you do to Hyunjin?" Jinsol took a hand to her chest.

"Yerim's very cute as well, she really is the embodiment of happiness as you always described her. How was spending an hour in your car with her? Did you even drive properly with her so close to you?"

Jinsol punched her arm. "Shut your mouth. And yes, I drove perfectly, like I always do."

"Oh, you guys are here!" Jiwoo's voice sounded behind them.

They turned, to find her by the front door with Jungeun.

"Hey, guys!" Jinsol waved at them.

"Sorry, we were in our room," Jungeun said, approaching them.

"I... see..." Jinsol mumbled.

"Well, not my fault, Jungeun can't contain her-"

"Anyway, let's introduce ourselves to Yerim, yes?" Jungeun grabbed Jiwoo's wrist and dragged her along.

"Let's get the things inside?" Jinsol asked, but Hyunjin was still in place. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I just... remembered something."

"What?"

"One night during this week, I woke up and... they were being so loud."

Jinsol snorted, and Jungeun turned her head to them, her eyes shooting invisible laser beams at Hyunjin.

"I think she heard you." Jinsol laughed harder.

"It's okay, Jungeun," Hyunjin said, knowing she was still hearing. "I'm not uncomfortable. Just... try and not wake the others up."

Jungeun shifted her attention back to Jiwoo and Yerim, who talked so animatedly it seemed like they knew each other for years.

Hyunjin walked to the trunk and took a couple boxes. "Can someone bring the rest, please?" she said, going on ahead.

Everyone gathered around the kitchen, Jinsol and Yerim setting the plastic bags with food on the table, while Hyunjin prepared the bottles with Hyejoo's help.

"You didn't tell us Yerim would be coming!" Chaewon said, helping setting the table.

"Of course not, it wouldn't be a surprise if you knew!" Yerim messed up her hair.

"I asked Jiwoo if it was okay to bring her along, so everyone could meet," Jinsol said.

Jiwoo beamed, her eyes turning into crescents. "You loved the idea, just admit it."

Hyunjin leaned against the kitchen counter, taking sips on her bottle while observing Diana and Selene investigating Yerim. The girl squatted and let them smell her, and when Selene rubbed her head on Yerim's ankle, she went on ahead and gave them pets.

"Why did she like you immediately and she still hisses at me?" Hyejoo pouted.

"She hissed at me in the beginning as well," Heejin said. "Give her time."

Hyejoo didn't seem convinced, but didn't say anything else either.

"I have news," Yerim said, earning everyone's attention as they sat around the table. "The bastards that attacked you were punished and are now locked up."

Either their chins dropped, or their eyes widened.

"Locked up? What do you mean locked up?" Hyunjin asked.

"There are cells in the Silver Blades. They can't just bring the police into this, and they also can't banish them. They wouldn't rest until they got what they wanted, especially now, that they probably want revenge."

Hyejoo scoffed. "Revenge? After what they did, they still want revenge?"

"You guys did break them a few bones and injured them really bad. One of them had a huge, round scar on his chest!"

"That was me, I shot him!" Chaewon raised her arm, like she was so proud of what she did.

"I'm glad they're locked up," Hyunjin said. "I don't know what would happen if they attacked us again. I don't think a few broken bones or some scars would be all they would leave with."

"And at least they really are keeping their word, that no one is allowed to attack us," Heejin said. "I think after that attack, no one will try and do it again. They know the consequences now."

"Let's hope so." Jinsol sighed.

If anyone deserved to be avenged, it was Yeojin, and not them.

But they had other things to worry about, and hearing that the Silver Blades acted against them was already pretty satisfying.

The rest of dinner went by fast, as Yerim caught up with her friends and got to know the others better.

"Are you staying the night?" Heejin asked.

"Yeah, we're staying until Sunday, in fact. Jiwoo said we could sleep here in the living room!" Yerim said.

Hyunjin forced her lips to stay a thin line, her eyes averting to Jinsol, and without even saying a word, Jinsol's cheeks became redder.

"In fact, there's another surprise, but you will only know tomorrow!" Jiwoo said.

"Haseul and Yeojin are coming too," Hyunjin stated.

Jiwoo frowned. "Did you know about it too?"

"No, but the second you said that, it was so easy to guess."

"Congrats, Jiwoo, you just ruined the surprise." Jungeun shook her head.

"Can you act surprised tomorrow? Or else Yeojin will kill me! She made me promise I wouldn't tell anyone!"

"Technically, you didn't. I did." Hyunjin shrugged.

"Don't worry, we will act surprised," Heejin rested a hand on Jiwoo's shoulder.

"I won't, Yeojin has been texting me everyday saying she misses me, it was obvious they would be coming as soon as possible," Hyunjin said.

In an instant, with everyone's help, the kitchen was all cleaned, and the girls moved to the living room.

"You won't be going out to hunt tonight, right?" Heejin asked, grabbing Hyunjin's wrist before she could join the others.

"Let's watch a movie, everyone!" Jiwoo said, turning the tv on.

"Yeah, I will," Hyunjin said.

Heejin pouted. "But, Jiwoo just called us to watch a movie."

"I will go after. Maybe in the middle of the night, while you're asleep."

"What?" Heejin frowned, punching her arm. "Why would you do that?!"

Hyunjin burst out laughing. "I'm joking. I won't go tonight, or tomorrow, or Sunday, alright?"

Heejin crossed her arms and huffed. "Good."

"Why?"

"B-Because Jinsol and Yerim are here, and Haseul and Yeojin are joining us too, we should all spend time together."

Hyunjin irked an eyebrow. "Only because of that?"

The question flew from Hyunjin's lips, kind of like a joke, but it triggered something in Heejin, making her heart beat stronger, and she stumbled on her words. "Y-Yeah, w-what else?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

"Guys, movie!" Jungeun called, her voice much more scarier than when Jiwoo called them.

Heejin went on ahead, trying to hide how red her cheeks had become, and Hyunjin, giggling softly, followed.

Hyejoo, Chaewon, and Yerim sat on the couch at the left, the one right in front of the tv was occupied by Jungeun and Jiwoo, and Jinsol was sitting alone in the one at the right, her puppy eyes looking at Hyunjin. She plopped next to her, and Heejin next to Hyunjin.

"Actually, should I leave you two?" Jinsol asked near Hyunjin's ear.

Hyunjin rested a hand on Jinsol's leg and gave it a squeeze, hoping it would convey the message.

"What do you want to watch?" Jiwoo asked, still skipping through Netflix.

"Something funny!" Chaewon said.

"Anything that's not a vampire movie, please," Hyunjin said.

"Oh, has any of you watched this one?" Jiwoo stopped at Back to the Future. "I remember watching it when it came out in 1985, and I really enjoyed it, but I barely remember it."

"Sounds like it's about time traveling. I'm in," Hyejoo said.

Everyone agreed to it, since almost no one had watched it, and the ones that did, didn't remember it well.

The movie was pretty entertaining and funny, but near the end, when the time was clocking and running out for the main character to go back in time, Heejin started becoming restless next to her. Hyunjin peeked at her, observing as she bit on her lower lip and balled her fists.

"You okay?" Hyunjin whispered.

"This is so nerve-wracking!"

"Relax, he's gonna make it." Hyunjin's hand moved to engulf her balled one, and it instantly relaxed, allowing Hyunjin to properly hold it.

Something that Hyunjin always noticed, was how much smaller Heejin's hand was comparing to hers. Or, Hyunjin's was just huge, but it didn't make it any less cute.

Hyunjin let the smile be on her lips until the end of the movie, when they could finally take a breath.

"But there's a sequel, right? I wanna watch it as well," Hyejoo said.

"Why don't we watch it tomorrow?" Jiwoo asked.

"Yes! Let's do that!" Yerim said.

After calling it a night and helping set a mattress in the living room for Yerim and Jinsol, they went to their respective rooms.

"What's with the smirk?" Heejin asked after closing the door.

"Jinsol's spending the night with Yerim. I can listen to her heart beat. To Yerim's as well, in fact."

Heejin dropped her chin. "Poor girl, she must be so nervous. And you, quit listening to people's hearts!"

"I told you, I can't simply shut my ears down!"

Heejin crossed her arms, frowning. "It's unfair."

"What?"

"You can read people so easily."

"Why do you say that?"

"People's hearts can denounce them."

Hyunjin irked an eyebrow. She remembered the nth times Heejin's heart started beating faster or harder in countless occasions, and how she never seemed to have a reason for it.

"I forgot something," Hyunjin blurted.

"What?"

"I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?"

"Just wait a couple minutes!" Hyunjin said before dashing out the door.

Yes, she wanted to avoid where the conversation was going. Yes, she forgot about asking Jinsol for the guitar, so, making sure she still could hear voices coming from the lower floor, she tip toed. Not wanting to spy, she couldn't help but observe for a couple seconds how Jinsol supported her side on her elbow, smiling and listening attentively to whatever Yerim was telling her. And it didn't matter who witnessed the scene, anyone could tell those two were each other's crushes.

"Jinsol," Hyunjin whispered from the upper floor, not wanting to startle them.

Both girls snap their heads.

"Hyunjin? Everything alright?" Jinsol asked.

"Sorry to... interrupt your lively conversation, but I forgot to go get the guitar."

"Oh, right. Give us a second, Yerim." Jinsol stood up, and Yerim nodded at her.

They headed outside, and unlocking her car, Jinsol took the guitar from the trunk.

"Thank you." Hyunjin smiled, grabbing the guitar with care. "And sorry again."

"No worries, we were just talking about work."

Hyunjin shook her head. "Work? Don't you have anything else to talk about?"

"She was telling me a funny story!"

"Yeah, okay, I get it, whatever she says, you'll listen with a dumb smile on your face."

"Yeah, okay, I get it, whatever Heejin will play on the guitar, you'll listen with a dumb smile on your face."

Hyunjin opened to counter attack, but nothing came. "Okay, you won. You're terribly right, so, I'm going. Good night, have an amazing night sleeping with Yerim."

She dashed back inside, giving no time for Jinsol to protest.

"Good night, Yerim," Hyunjin said, before rushing upstairs, still hearing her saying it back.

Hyunjin knocked once just to let Heejin know she was there already, and opened the door. And she didn't even bother fighting back the grin as Heejin's eyes went huge when Hyunjin sat beside her on the bed and handed her the guitar.

"W-What..." Heejin babbled, still accepting it in her hands. "It's your brother's guitar."

"It is. I asked Jinsol to bring it."

"You didn't have to."

"I didn't, but I wanted to. You seemed so happy when you played it, and I know you can't have yours back now, so, might as well give my brother's some use."

"But... Are you sure I can use it?"

"I think he would be thrilled to know someone was playing it again. Someone talented and worthy."

Heejin chuckled. "Worthy? Did the guitar choose me or something? Like the wand chooses the wizard?"

"Yes, you're the chosen one. Now go ahead, play me something."

"You just want me to play for you." Heejin clicked her tongue. "So selfish."

"Fine, I'll leave the room, sleep outside, and I'll leave you all alone to play by yourself." Hyunjin stood up from the bed, but a hand on her wrist stopped her the same second.

"No! I was joking."

Hyunjin plopped back onto the bed. "Me too."

Heejin looked down at the guitar in her lap. "Isn't it a bit late to play now? The others went to sleep already. I don't wanna wake anyone up."

Hyunjin laid down. "I can't sleep if you don't play something for me."

"Wow." Heejin scoffed. "I can't believe you're doing aegyo."

"But I'm not. Maybe you just find me cute."

"You're anything but cute."

Hyunjin frowned and pouted. "Really?"

There it was. The loud bang coming from Heejin's chest.

"Fine, you are. Just a bit. But just like my pout doesn't work when I don't want to show you my drawings, yours won't when you want me to play."

"By that logic, you will play when I act cute."

"What? What kind of logic is that?"

"Kim Hyunjin's logic."

"Wow, Einstein is jealous."

"You really won't play anything?"

Heejin rolled her eyes. "Alright, but just a quick something!"

"That's enough." Hyunjin sat up again, crossing her legs, eager to listen.

And it was just like Jinsol described. She had no idea what Heejin was playing, another calm melody, but she was aware of the dumb smile on her lips. And she didn't mind one bit.

---

A/N: YERIM'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you liked another dose of fluff, and prepare for another, cuz the next chapter is the longest in the whole fic, and it's really FULL of fluff and comedy, please look forward to it a lot!!!

Twitter - @itzloonatic
CuriousCat - curiouscat.me/itzloonatic
Ko-Fi -  ko-fi.com/itzloonatic