Seven

Bright
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul sighs and tossed her phone to the passenger seat next to her. Her fingers tapping in the wheels, waiting for Hwasa at MBC's parking lot. She glance at her watch and puff her cheeks. It's 3 in the morning yet Hwasa still working herself inside the building. Ever since their meet at the Han River park, Hwasa has gotten even busier. Moonbyul is busy too but not as busy as Hwasa. It's even hard now to be with Hwasa together in a studio. They only practice their choreography together before Hwasa gone to filming for her variety shows. The girl really work herself to the bones.

"I told you not pick me up!" Hwasa's baby voice startled her. She quickly grab her phone on the passenger seat and a big smile flashes upon seeing Hwasa next to her.

"Don't you have work tomorrow?" Hwasa ask while looking at Moonbyul.

"I do but the managers need to rest too. Hyun Jung oppa really looked like he's about to pass out anytime." Moonbyul said and ignite the engine. Remember about how Hwasa's manager looked like when they met at their company this morning makes Moonbyul think, Hwasa must be packed on her schedule.

"I'm hungry..." Hwasa back at whining in her baby voice, making Moonbyul smile. 

"Now? At the public place? It's 3am.." Moonbyul reminded her while carefully manuavering the wheels.

"Of course not. At home. I've been craving for ramen."

"I thought you're on diet.."

Hwasa pouts. "I've been working hard lately, don't I deserve at least one ramen?"

Moonbyul laughs. Ever since months ago, Hwasa has been so strict with her diet as she needs to appeared in a lot of shows including the group comeback. She needs to stay on shape at least until their promotion end.

"Alright, let's get you a ramen." Moonbyul said and speed up to her apartment.

Once they arrived, Hwasa rushed towards the bathroom and remove her make up and clean herself while Moonbyul went to the kitchen and cook a beef noodle soup ramen. She prepared the food on a tray along with a bowl of kimchi as a side dish. Hwasa come out with a bathrobe wrapped around her while her hair are still wet.

"Hmm.. this smell so good." Hwasa swallow her saliva. She is indeed very starving when she took the chopsticks and eating on her ramen without saying anything or looking at Moonbyul.

"Slow down..." Moonbyul laughs at Hwasa's ravenous appetite.

"I can't slow down. I didn't eat anything the whole day.." Her words muffled as are full. Moonbyul shake her head, she get up and grab a small towel hanging at the drying rack. She stand behind Hwasa and starts drying the latter hairs.

"I'll do it later..." Hwasa almost chocking on her ramen. She was not expecting it.

"You'll catch a cold. Why are you even wash your hair at this hour? It's almost four now. Finish it so you'll get to rest early." Moonbyul soft voice spiked her chest. This small gesture and Moonbyul's simple words moved her. Hwasa didn't say a words afterwards and just quietly finish her ramen. 

 


Hwasa leans her back against the couch while quietly watching Moonbyul doing her work, working on a tune for their sub-unit song. She almost wrecking her brain working on the lyrics but still couldn't find the best one to deliver her feeling. But watching Moonbyul right now, Hwasa seem to have found a few words write.

"The tempo shouldn't be this slow right?" Moonbyul spin the chair around to face the younger girl.

"Why? What is it...?" Moonbyul asked as she couldn't read such a stares and face expression from Hwasa. But one thing for sure, when Hwasa look at her with that weird stare, there is something on her mind. Moonbyul paused the music and move closer towards Hwasa.

"What are you thinking?" Moonbyul stare deeply into Hwasa's eyes. Her soft voice and her soft stares melts Hwasa heart like an ice.

"Let's change the whole thing..."

Moonbyul frown. "But we're almost finish with this one."

"I know. I'm not saying we get rid of this tune. Just keep.it on the draft for the next album."

"Hyegi........" 

Hwasa smiles at Moonbyul's childish whines. "We can't sing a song and deliver it well if we can't feel it, right? That's what we're always said to our PD-nim."

"Yeah but this is one of us too. We make it together."

Hwasa grab the arm chair and pulled Moonbyul even closer to her. "It is but one of us are not the same as part of us. This is our first song together. Don't you want to make it a little personal? Let's pour our heart into this song."

"You mean... Tell them our story through this song?"

Hwasa nodded. "Of course not the whole thing and definitely not directly."

"Are you sure we're allowed to do this?" Moonbyul sounded hesitant but Hwasa is determined. She really wanted her first song together with Moonbyul become meaningful. It doesn't matter if it went personal. Just for this once.

"When did we ever listen to our bosses?"

In the Moonbyul laughs. She got up from the chair and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter