Thirteen

Bright
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul breath in the fresh air deeply and sat on the bench. She never know the Ahn's resident could be this breathtaking. It's very calm and the air is very clean compared to Seoul's. No wonder, Hwasa is always homesick. She has a better environment here than inside her billion dollar apartment and her family members are all so loving. They really treat Hwasa like a baby even though Hwasa is nearly on her 30s.

"That's my spot."

A big smile appeared on Moonbyul face upon hearing that voice. She don't even have to turn to know who it was. That voice alone giving her full happiness.

"Are you okay? No one is bullying you right?" Hwasa asked jokingly. 

"Probably your Mom since she kept putting food into my plate and here I am now, couldn't move because I'm too full."

Her answer has Hwasa cracking up. She remembers the horror on Moonbyul's face earlier and the way she kicked Hwasa's legs under the table, silently asking for help. But instead of helping her, Hwasa put more food into her plate while showing her cute grins.

"That's her love language. My Mom would fed you a lot of food if she love you. It's her way of saying 'i love you'." Hwasa explain.

Moonbyul weakly nodded her head. There's something that been bugging her ever since she entered the Ahn's resident. They almost lost their daughter because of her and it doesn't feel right being treated so nicely when she owed the whole family an apology.

"I thought they're going to cuss me..."

"They have no reason to do that. Everyone's moved on. You should too. I guess the scar worth it now that you're here again, next to me."

Moonbyul could feel her own heart melted with those genuine words from Hwasa. Just when she thought she couldn't love her more, Hwasa said something that make her heart flutter.

"I really-really hope I can marry you someday."

Hwasa smiles. And when she's about to say something, a deep voice behind them interrupted their moment. 

"That would take a lot. Both of you have to consider a lot of things before that could happen and being a known celebrity is another thing."

Mr. Ahn sat next to his daughter with a bottle of wine on his right hand while his left holding two empty glass.

"Hyejin-ah.. go and help your Mom in the kitchen.." 

Hwasa nodded her head. She understand what that means. Her father asking to be alone with her girlfriend. He might have something to talk with Moonbyul. After Hwasa left, Moonbyul rubs both her hands together. Being left alone with Mr. Ahn makes her nervous.

"Here. Let's drink this. Wine is good for digestion." He said in his fatherly tone while pouring the wine into their glasses. Moonbyul politely thank him before sipping on her drink.

"I never thought I would hear my Hyejin talk about marriage and love. To me, she is still a little girl. No matter how old she is to me she will always be my little girl. Hyejin is spoiled and because of that she needed a lot of loving and attention. That hadn't change. She still needed a lot of loving, caring and attention. "

Mr. Ahn turn to his side and look at Moonbyul. "Do you think you can give her that?"

Moonbyul nearly chocking on her wine. This actually make her anxious. If someone asked her how much she love Hwasa she couldn't answer them with words. Her actions is always the answer to any question that doubted her sincerity and genuine feeling.

"I know you can. After all that happened and seeing that you guys still want each other. Love is no longer the question here. I want you to know, I'm not the same with most parents. I won't question your love for my daughter. I just wanted to remind you that the path you and Hyejin choose isn't the easy one. It's going to be so rocky and bumpy. I just want the both of you to have the strongest trust for each other. Things might get messier than before but it'll be fine as long as you won't give up on each other."

Mr. Ahn take a long breath. For some reason, this situation make him chocked up. He has been dreaming of this moment. To have a heart to heart with the person his daughter brought home. To hear and to see his daughter being loved so deeply. To witness his daughter sweetest smiles as she look at the one who owned her heart. Today, Mr. Ahn has seen it all. His daughter is happy, he knows. He can tell through her eyes and that is more than enough for him.

"I won't hurt her. You have my word, sir."

Mr. Ahn just nodded his head as a response but deep inside he has different

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter