The Advisors

ROOKIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Advisors 

 

“Kwan Chay?” A girl’s voice called out her name and Kwan braced herself right away. Should she run or should she just respond?

She turns around before she can come to a conclusion and is surprised when three girls join her at her library table. Usually, people approached her in class but not here. In the library, people avoided her as she avoids them.

They’re all so pretty that she just stares at each of them. Dang. She wishes she could have all those make-up skills but when she was so broke she couldn’t even buy make-up… the skills would have to wait a long time.

“Hi?” She calls out timidly when they all settle and looks at her with small smiles on their faces. Why are all the people here so pretty?

“I hope we’re not disturbing…” The tall girl bopped her shoulders cutely as she says that, “but we really wanted to tell you something so we’re here.”

So Kwan shakes her head slowly. She was simply going through a textbook.

“So I heard you and Chanyeol are going out?” Another girl begins twirling her long blonde hair. Kwan nods lightly to confirm her words. It had been about 2 months already with Chanyeol.

The three of them gasps at that and looked at each other as though they were afraid of what was coming next.

“We don’t mean to be… um… carrier of bad news… but um…” the last girl gulps. “um… should we really tell her?”

By now though, Kwan was already starting to get annoyed. If they came all the way here to tell her something, why were they discussing amongst themselves? Just let the cat out of the bag and leave her alone.

The three of them start whispering to each other making Kwan direct her attention back to her book not really wanting to hear about it anymore.

This book had been recommended by the teacher today and she thought it would be good to take a look not really caring about how boring it can be.

“So… um…” The third girl finally continues making her look up from the book. Please hurry. “We actually knew that Chanyeol and you are a couple… um… so we thought you must… um… know about this.”

She tucks in a hair behind her ears and looks away while nudging the tallest girl amongst them to continue. Also, if they knew why did they ask?

The tall girl sighs and continues, “Chanyeol Oppa has been… actually he has been cheating on you.”

The three of them suddenly pins her with their gazes as though trying to gauge a reaction out of her but when she does not give any, they frown and continue.

“He’s been sleeping with tons of girls behind your back and we, as your unnies thought that you need to know that. It is not good, and I tell this to you as woman to woman, to be used by a man like that.”

The two girls nod their heads fervently. “He may look sweet but in reality, he’s really the devil so we suggest you go away from him.”

They pause and analyze her again as she processed what they said. Chanyeol and cheating? That does not sound… right?

But still, she thought it was lovely for the three unnies to come to her like this so she stands up and gives them a bow.

“Thank you, sunbaenims.” She tells them seriously. “I will keep that in mind.”

 

* * *

 

Kwan sighs out loud as she stared at her plain ceiling. Just yesterday night, she had gone to sleep with a smile on her face but today it was the complete opposite.

Why did she put up her hope? Why would she believe in him even when those girls had told her so well about how Chanyeol really was…? Not just those girls... it was almost everyone she had interacted with the last few days.

Sighing out loud, she ruffles her sheets and sits up again. This is not going to do. She needed another midnight run to clear her mind.

These last few days after their so-called ‘break-up’, they had surprisingly talked a lot more than they had ever done and if she may say so, had become even closer than before. But now, all those news, all those photos were screaming at her… not shutting up even a little bit.

Besides, now that she was listening to others instead of having her own opinion about Chanyeol, every single thing about him screamed like a warning.

Just when she thought she wanted to have more of his company…

She cannot stand that leather jacket guy but the way Chanyeol treated him was terrible. Besides, her sweet senior Yixing also seems to have a problem with Chanyeol and those girls as well… and even Kai, although he did not say it directly.

Was he really that much of a jerk? Ugh. What had she even been thinking?

She stops to pant a little and wiped the sweat off her forehead. She had to go back to plan A and focus on her studies. If she continues to do this then she wouldn’t be able to have her scholarship and everything would be ruined.

To be honest, she assures herself, Chanyeol shouldn’t have been in any part of this. Besides even that three dates rule was something that Sehun Sunbae came up with so that was that. She owed him nothing. She was going to stop this.

She returns after clearing her thoughts and to her surprise, her roommate had returned with a large pizza and a happy face. Ah… Who needs a man when she had such an amazing roommate?

They talked and giggled and until they were in bed, full and warm… and for some moments, she was happy.

 

* * *

Chanyeol sniffled a little in the bathtub that he had been sitting in since yesterday afternoon. Sehun had talked off his ear about him getting out of there but he was not going to budge, at least not until Kwan knew the truth.

Those girls had lied and those photos were simply ones taken from his room which Sehun or some of his friends can easily take. But he supposes what hurts the most was the fact that Kwan affirmed those lies and told that Kim Bastard of an Kai that he cheated on her. How can she be so cruel?

He had been nothing but sweet to her but what was she doing? Nothing! In fact, she was also going along with the lies. Had they all been conspiring this all along to bring him down?

He sniffles again and rubbed his nose to stop his snots from escaping, groaning a little when his joints felt stiff and cranky.

“Hey…” Sehun’s head popped out from the door and he turns away from him. He was still not in the mood for a talk. “Baekhyun’s here to talk to you.”

At that Chanyeol perks up and turn towards the door where the smaller male showed himself in with a small smile.

“Ah! Chanyeol…” His friend comes near him and crouched down with a serious face, hand on top of his. “I saw the news and my heart felt troubled. How are you, my friend?”

“Clearly not good,” He pouts and slithered down the tub, “Those liars are terrible bunch of people. I’ll find that Kai kid and hang him.”

“Hush…” His friend chides him making him pout even more, “I have always told you that your harsh words were going to land you in trouble one day and look.”

“But I’ve never talked harshly to this boy! Besides, it is not only that kid. It is even those lying . Wait till I find them. I’ll personally skin them all alive.”

Baekhyun gives him a look and shakes his head disappointedly.

“Sehun tells me that you have been seated here since yesterday evening, is that right?”

Chanyeol only hums in affirmation.

“What do you plan to achieve with that?”

Chanyeol frowns at that question and blinks hard while slowly stirring to sit up straight. Well… to begin with, he felt the need to wallow in sadness about how everything had turned up then that sadness became anger and he needed to calm down with dousing water on himself every now and then.

So he shrugs. “I don’t know.”

“It will be wiser for you to step out, dry yourself, and be fed.” Baekhyun sighs and pats his hand. “You cannot let others bring you down like so. Your misery is only an addition of feather to their plans.”

It was Friday which meant only a day left before the big match. This match was something important but Chanyeol was just so emotionally spent that even football did nothing to stir that passion in him.

If they win this match, they would be directly selected to enter the national inter-college summer sports festival which was a huge deal. This was where lots of top notch athletes had been discovered and signed with agencies and Chanyeol, who had been the man of the match for twice in a row, was the most promising young talent. If they win this match, it would mean the agency he had been eyeing would most probably come with an offer.

He actually had many agencies coming to him already but it was either he dropped out entirely and focus on football or it was a small agency hence he was still here. His first goal right now was either to get into the agency of his wish or to finish the degree. He aimed big or he go home. There was no in between for Chanyeol.

So right now, why on earth was he being like this? And that too, over a girl and some rumors?

“I am so tired, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol breathed out slumping down to lie on the one inch of water. “All these months I have been trying my best to be good to her and all she does is lie to that ing Kai kid that I cheated on her. I cleared the misunderstandings and even apologized to her! How could she be so cruel? And now you know what she told me?”

He angrily sits up and ruffled his hair, spreading water droplets around. Chanyeol ignored how Baekhyun had shut his eyes as some water droplets hit his face and rambled on.

“She says we need a break! HA!” He passionately narrated to his friend about the conversations last afternoon. “She is choosing to believe in those ing liar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter