The Beauty

ROOKIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Beauty

Sehun tapped his foot nervously as Chanyeol literally crashed the unopened can in his hand, the juice overflowing all over their table.

Kwan was playing a dangerous game if she was even aware of it. Chanyeol had been pissed off all afternoon after that moment of euphoria where the main lady had given him a smile.

“ that Chinese bastard!” Chanyeol had screamed once they were inside their lockers punching his anger out on the poor lockers. The lockers do not deserve that but at least Chanyeol was not punching humans.

When Chanyeol had got up from his embarrassing fall, his countenance all but fell because by the time he was up Yixing had already run to her.

“You’re not going to go up after them?” Sehun had asked when Chanyeol began to dash inside their locker instead of heading towards the bleachers as he had expected.

He gritted his teeth and shook his head. “She would hate me if I do that. She smiled at me. I don’t want to ruin it.”

Sehun shakes his head in amusement at that but only laughs out loud when Chanyeol began punching the lockers.

Geez. This boy really likes her, doesn’t he? Looks like he’s going to have massive fun then.

“Calm down, lover boy.” Sehun slung an arm around the fuming male who stops his punching. “We have dinner to look forward to. Don’t worry too much. You’ll sweep her off her feet.”

Or better yet if he is the one sweeping her off her feet. He wouldn’t be bored for some weeks for sure. Maybe months even.

Chanyeol seemingly calms down and even began to feel excited about it and had been doing fine until Kwan walks in with another guy by her side looking quite… amiable.

“That’s one good-looking guy.” Sehun mused much to the annoyance of Chanyeol who had his eyes glued to the girl looking around, most seemingly looking for them.

He waits for Chanyeol to do something but he remains stationary making Sehun sigh out loud.

“Stupid. Stand up and wave at her! She’s looking for you.”

At that, he comes out of his stupor, stands up, and splashes even more juices making Sehun hiss out loud. This giant mother er.

“We’re moving from this place. You literally turned it into a lake.”

Sehun moved out and walked to another empty table just next to theirs. Chanyeol still looking stupid with a crashed can in his hand and eyes fixed on the girl who was now walking towards them.

Sehun clicked his tongue in disappointment and shook his head. The way Chanyeol was acting was seriously terrible. How on earth was this guy the hero, the golden child of this university filled with thousands of students?

Honestly.

“My gosh!” A small squeal erupts at his right and he turns a little to notice two girls looking at Chanyeol. “He’s so handsome! I would die for him.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and glared at Chanyeol. This guy really did not know his own popularity besides wasn’t he even better looking than this guy? What do women even see in him? His stupidity?

It was true that in football, he was a genius but outside of the field? This man could be conned by a five-year-old which actually happened by the way.

“He’s much more popular than Baekhyun or Minseok Sunbae… I wish he runs for president. I’d vote for him without a second thought.”

Sehun grimaces worriedly at that looking around to see if Baekhyun or Minseok was around. These stupid girls need to shut up. His friends shouldn’t have to deal with all this gossips because of this oaf.

He is joined by Kwan and Chanyeol before the girls could continue their gossip.

“Haven’t they broken up though? Why is she…” He heard them say before they reduced their volume so it is all in whispers.

“You two are a handful.” He grumbles standing up to join them to go get their food. The three of them are absolutely quiet as they joined the line to get their food each lost in their own world.

“Why?” Chanyeol growls the moment their trays hit the tabletop making both of them turn to look at Chanyeol with question marks on their faces. “Why are you with that guy again?”

Sehun turns to look at Kwan who was already frowning.

Again? Hmm? Okay…

“Let’s sit down first.” Sehun sighs feeling exhausted already making Chanyeol grit his teeth before loudly dragging his chair out and plopping down loudly.

“Who’s he? What does he want? I never saw him with you before.”

Kwan tucked a hair into her ears and picked up her chopsticks looking unbothered. “He’s a senior. Kim Kai.”

Kim Kai? Where has he heard that name before?

“He helped me with my assignment the last time… You know it and as for today, I promised to do an interview in exchange for his help.” She informs them with a nod before diving into her food not even acknowledging his presence.

Gosh. Sehun knows he has always been the second-best when it comes to Chanyeol and him but not up to this extend.

So he clears his throat and pushed his presence into their midst.

“Interview for what?” Of course, he would be ignored so rolling his eyes, he decides to copy Kwan and eat his own meal. Chanyeol was tapping the tabletop still not eating his food.

Kwan simply shrugs and swallowed her food before replying. “He said something about the sports section next month.”

Kwan points with her chopsticks to his food which made Chanyeol shut up and go for his food.

Sehun watched as Chanyeol kept glancing at Kwan who just kept her attention on the food and sighed out loud.

How on earth had they been dating for three months? Do they even know each other’s full names?

He knew Chanyeol was dumb and stupid especially in this field but now that he met Kwan, he thinks these two might have a competition as to who is more clueless.

Now some things make sense.

“Is Chanyeol your first boyfriend as well?” Sehun begins, getting ready to taste the waters and access what to do.

Kwan turns to look up at him and he unconsciously nods. She’s got that naïve charm and pretty enough to catch attention.

She shakes her head though and Chanyeol visibly stiffens.

“I had a boyfriend when I was in elementary school.” She informs them again looking absolutely serious making Sehun unable to contain the laugh that was coming out but he clamps it down by tucking his lips inside his teeth.

What on earth…

“Who was he? How long did you two date?” Chanyeol though began to ask looking as serious as Kwan making Sehun slap his forehead hard. Two idiots make one couple.

“I don’t really remember him now and I think we were a couple for about a week.” Chanyeol sighs at that and smiles happily as he looks at his food.

“Am I in a nursery of grown- people?” He says out loud making the two idiots turn to him. “Sportspeople really have no brain. You two just confirm the stereotype. I am not even mad.”

The two idiots just gave him a look, looks at each other, and shrugs going back to their meal making Sehun sigh desperately and just focus on his meal.

How was it that two geniuses in the field just go… all nursery here?

“Tell me how your dates were.” He suddenly finds himself asking growing more curious by the second. The amount of lameness in their dates must have been something.

Besides, why was Kwan looking so comfortable with Chanyeol? Didn’t he basically cheat on her? If it had been other girls, wouldn’t they be crying and accusing him or something?

These two… everything’s off about them. If there were such thing as Rookies in the romance department, these two would definitely be Rookies even to rookies.

“It went normally…” Chanyeol replies to him, his ears going red already. “You know… the usual sit and eat and some talks here and there…”

Sehun drops his chopsticks and exhales through his nose.

“For the entire three months?”

“What else are you supposed to do then?” It was Kwan who answers with Chanyeol nodding vigorously.

“I don’t know… Kiss?”

At that, the two stop at everything they were doing and turns to look at him as though he just told them something so vile they couldn’t believe their ears.

Chanyeol chokes on air, of course, and Kwan blushed for the first time he’s seen her. And boy, was she cute?

Chanyeol sends him a deadly glare at that and mouths at him the good old ‘shut up. I’ll kill you'.

“You two…” He sighs. “How on earth did you two even get together?”

Wait. He might know about that… in fact, it must probably be one of his tactics that Chanyeol even got her as his girlfriend.

“Oh… We went to three dates.” Kwan informed him again looking deadly serious making Chanyeol nod as well.

“Three dates?” Sehun asks but he had a good idea of what this implied.

“You know, people become girlfriends and boyfriends when they go to three dates…” Kwan explains as if she was explaining a problem while the idiot of the boyfriend sat there nodding grimly. “I also did not know about it. Chanyeol told me only after our three dates.”

At that moment, Sehun just had to get up and run towards the toilet because he couldn’t hold it back anymore.

He literally collapses on the wall crying and laughing at the same time.

How is it that he lived only once and got to meet two versions of Chanyeol?

“I can’t bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter