The Culprit

ROOKIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Culprit

 

 

Irene had a dreamy look on her face when she returned that night making Kwan a little confused. Usually, her roommate was always in a frown looking like she was permanently annoyed at everything around so this was a little different.

“You look happy,” She decided to ask feeling a little too weirded out by the rare smiles blooming on her roommate’s face. “Something good?”

Kwan had returned early today owing to absence from Junmyeon who had been visiting almost every day and she felt it rude to just go away without addressing him.

Irene uncharacteristically nodded her head like a child making Kwan seriously wonder what had happened to make her this happy.

Then she suddenly lets out a cute happy squeal and comes forward to hug her making Kwan just lost her . Who on earth is this? What has she done to her roommate?

“Thank you!” Irene beams at her! “Do you want anything? ANYTHING? I’ll get it for you, I promise.”

“Are you okay? You’re… chirpy today.”

Her roommate had the audacity to laugh at that making her feel goosebumps because Irene did not do laughs. She simply did not.

“I’m just…” She says taking a bunny doll from her bed and squeezing it in a hug, “just… happy.”

“Why?”

At that, Irene blushes and began playing with her hair.

“Um… I actually had a crush on… Joy… since high school but never had the courage to approach her…”

The question mark in Kwan’s head suddenly turns into an exclamation mark at that, finally receiving an answer.

“Is that why you’ve been randomly buying sports stuff? It was to gift her?” That finally makes sense but Irene seems to look a little nervous at that.

“Um… Sorry… but yes…” She says looking down in guilt. “I… um… I actually thought I can try… to talk to her if I got stuff?”

Kwan nods her head and thanked God for how lucky she was. Thank goodness that Irene was her roommate and that she was crushing on Joy big time and thank goodness that Joy and she shared the same sizes in almost everything.

Gee. The coincidences are almost too good to be true.

“I’m lucky I wear the same size as Joy unnie,” She says with an awkward chuckle suddenly making the atmosphere a little awkward. Why was she a little disappointed that she wouldn’t be getting those stuff anymore? Shouldn’t she be happy for her roommate?

Irene clears at that thankfully cleaning the atmosphere. “So thanks to you I finally got to talk with her so I just wanted to say thank you for everything! Tell me what you want.”

Kwan registered her roommate’s words with her heart pounding. Wow. Anything she wanted? By now, she already knows that there were few limits when it comes to Irene and gifting. Even if she asked for something really expensive, Irene will surely get it for her.

“I don’t actually need anything right now. You’ve given me a lot of things already… Maybe in the future, if I need anything, I’ll tell you.” She decided this kind of opportunity doesn’t knock on doors often so when it comes, she has to take precautions so as not to waste it.

“Alright…” Irene replies with a little laugh, still making Kwan a little weirded out.

They do their normal going and coming where Kwan goes for her run and returns, Irene also disappears to somewhere and returns, late as usual but as Kwan tucks herself in, Irene comes to her… Not normal.

“I heard Junmyeon and Chanyeol fought today and you were there. What was that about?”

Kwan sits up in her bed and looked at her. “They did not fight… they just exchanged some heated words.”

Irene looked thoroughly annoyed at that. “Those people can’t even bring me proper information…”

“Alright…” She begins again, her face in her usual frown making Kwan a little more satiated. She had been feeling too out of the ordinary with her roommate being all smiley. “Just so you know, Junmyeon’s mom thinks I am his babysitter and continually keeps harassing me for information on her son so I am asking.”

Kwan raised her eyebrow at that, surprised at the news. “Mom? You two know each other?”

Irene lets out a huge sigh at that, annoyance painted all over her face. “He’s my cousin.”

Wow. She did not expect that.

But then they both had this… aura about them. Besides, they both have this milky skin and dark features making them both… otherworldly. No wonder they were related.

“He got kicked out of the house for being too rebellious. That dumb … He’s got a good heart but terrible mouth… and he’s also a little entitled. He’s a rich brat, after all.”

They settle down, both in their own thoughts when Irene returned to her side of the room, leaving her alone in her thoughts.

Who would have thought they were related.

 

* * *

 

“Can I trust you?” Chanyeol blurted out his thought to the smaller man seated right in front of him. Baekhyun raised his head to look at him at that wearing a baffled expression as though Chanyeol was wrong in asking him that.

But honestly, Chanyeol has had enough. How long was he going to turn a blind eye to everything around him?

Just because he disliked all these dramas doesn’t mean he liked being in one. If anything, the only reason he turns a blind eye is to actually stop it. Yet it seemed as though his blind sidedness is making it worst.

Oh Sehun had clearly confessed to him that he had been the one to take those pictures but he knew Sehun more than anyone and knew well and good that Sehun wouldn’t go to that extend to bring him down.

That boy was a weasel after all and chased after money and luxury like there was no tomorrow. That was the only reason why he mainly hung out with Minseok when he clearly disliked him.

And as much as he did NOT want to point a finger at Baekhyun, it seemed as though everything was pointing towards Baekhyun.

The man in question though sighs a little and continued working on his laptop. “What brings you, on this lovely afternoon to the student council’s office and ask me such a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter