Spoiled Plans

The Nine Percent Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 : Spoiled Plans

 

October 13, 2020

Jihyo flew back to Seoul with the last flight after the shoot of Running Man special episode in Jeju Island. They have to shoot another episode in Jeju Island next Monday. Jihyo had a half thought in mind of staying in the Island but she decided to fly back instead since no one is staying too. On top of that, she felt rather tired these days, stressed out by what Doctor Lee said 2 weeks ago. She chickened out about going to the clinic after a few days thinking about it.

 

“Eonnie, do you want to buy some food before we drop you off?” Her stylist asked. They were already on her car, driving to her house in Mapo-Gu from the Gimpo Airport and Jihyo thought for a second before shaking her head. “Aniya, I just want to sleep.” Her team only nodded, knowing the actress love her bed-time and it’s not weird for her to skip dinner just because she’s sleepy.

 

October 19, 2020

Kwangsoo eyed his noona who looked way too tired. They finished shooting the second part of special episode in Jeju but today’s race felt rather light than their previous race. All they do is joke around and play silly games, but Jihyo noona looked too tired, more than she used to before. “Noona, are you alright?” he asked as the bus started to drive to the airport, the light is out unlike when they camera is rolling but he can still see his noona’s face. Jihyo looked back in surprised. “Why why?” Jihyo is seated beside Jongkook at the second to last row and Kwangsoo is seated behind Jongkook’s seat.

 

“Ani, you’re just looking a little pale, noona.” He pointed out but as expected Jihyo only turned the conversation to a light joke. “My make-up worn off because of the heat, why?” she challenged him and Kwangsoo chuckled. “Aniya, okay, if you say so Noona.”

 

The same kind of conversation surprisingly happened again at the waiting room of the airport. This time, Donghoon pointed it out. “Yah, Song Jihyo. How many more hours do you need to sleep?” he teased.

 

“Ah oppa, why? What is it this time?” she’s tired but she had to respond her older brother. “Those dark circles under your eyes, aigooo..” he clicked his tongue while pointing to the spot under her eyes. “Stop drinking late at night, Jihyo-ya. Call either Kwangsoo or I if you need friends to drink, so we can keep an eye on you.” He said it seriously now. Jihyo chuckled darkly. “As if you two can come, it’s different now.”

 

Kwangsoo and Donghoon took offense in her response. “Yah, I’d come if you call me, Noona!” Kwangsoo protested. “I’d rather drink myself to sleep than listening to your nonsense when you’re drunk.” Donghoon laughed out loud. “I have to agree with you, Jihyo-ya.” On the side, Jongkook flinched at her tone. She actively avoided him for 2 weeks now, he didn’t understand why and he cursed his busy schedule because he can’t even go to her place to ask her. He’d have a talk with Gapjin soon.

 

Jihyo woke up the next day with the worst headache ever. She didn’t even drink last night, it was almost a month ago since she got drunk. Jihyo didn’t have any schedule to do. After finishing the movie earlier this year and her latest drama a few weeks ago, she only has some CF shoots and Running Man on her schedule. This is the schedule she liked for years, clearing those nearing the year-end so she doesn’t have to work in the cold weather.

 

Jihyo went to make coffee for herself at the kitchen. It was easy for her, adjusting to live alone after years of sharing space with her younger brother. She knew he also needs his own space, so she happily moved to a bigger house and left the previous apartment for her brother to use. She didn’t like living in apartment so she chose to move to a house, it was something she always wanted to do so she save her money diligently.

 

2 sips into her steaming cup of coffee, Jihyo felt something on the back of . The same feeling she had weeks ago during one of Running Man shoots, and ran to the bathroom, throwing up everything she had left. She felt dizzy after that and flopped down the floor in shock. “Is this even real?” she mumbled to herself.

 

Jihyo went to check her temperature and it’s completely normal, no fever or anything. She knew she was being careful due to the virus and she doesn’t even go out much these days, could Doctor Lee’s suspicion be right? Jihyo tried to not think about it much as she went to make herself some late breakfast. To her surprise, she also vomited everything she ate only 15 minutes after she’s done eating.

 

Jihyo nearly cried when she finished vomiting and flop down to the floor like she did earlier. For weeks, she tried to ignore the voice at the back of her mind. She even tried to avoid the only man who’s responsible for her… condition. She glared at the packs of tampon she put in a cabinet inside her en-suite bathroom. She was really late, and it looks like her period isn’t coming soon. She finally realized that she’s royally messed up.

 

Jihyo got her phone and removed the card she hid inside the phone’s case. She flipped the card back and forth before letting a big breath out. Time to accept the reality, she said to herself.

 

October 21, 2020

Jihyo went to the private clinic, early in the morning. She got the chance to talk to Doctor Lee himself last night, and he quickly put her on with a colleague of his, Doctor Cho. Doctor Cho had an early free spot, so Jihyo took it with no thought. Driving to the private clinic herself, she felt her hands tremble in fear. A mantra of ‘I can do it, everything will be fine’ repeated countless of times inside her head.

 

Fortunately, the administration went smoothly and she’s seated inside Doctor Cho’s office in no time. “Song Jihyo-ssi, how are you today?” he asked politely. “I’m fine… I guess, Doctor.” She answered nervously, and he saw it from her eyes. “Don’t be nervous, we will start examining you in a second but I need you to answer some questions before we proceed.” He sounded so calm and it helped calming Jihyo’s mind. “Um, okay.”

 

Doctor Cho started from asking when’s the last time she had unprotected , how often she forgot her pills, the kind of pills she’s been consuming and the amount of work she did for the past few weeks. She answered everything truthfully, there’s no need to lie at this point anyway. Doctor Cho then screened the file on his hand before informing Jihyo that a nurse will accompany Jihyo with several tests to check if she’s indeed pregnant with a baby.

 

She did everything she was told and Doctor Cho entered his office about 15 minutes later. “Song Jihyo-ssi, I checked the test results and you are pregnant.” Jihyo felt like her world is crashing down and hang her head down in defeat. “Please don’t be encouraged, a baby is a blessing, Song Jihyo-ssi.” Doctor Cho reassured. After a few minutes of silence, Doctor Cho sighed. “I will leave you for a few minutes, we can continue the examination after that,” he’s about to leave the room when Jihyo raised her head.

 

“Aniya, Doctor. Let’s continue.” She said with a new determination. She might be shocked with the news, disappointed with herself and definitely confused on how to explain it to everyone but the baby’s safety comes first. She will overcome everything. “Okay, let’s start with the sonogram, please come this way.”

 

Jihyo sighed sadly, gripping the steering wheel tighter than she meant to. She’s 9 weeks pregnant. Doctor Cho confirmed it with a sonogram and even pointed out the position of her baby. A baby wasn’t in Jihyo’s plan. Of course as a woman, she planned to have a baby in the future, but definitely not as unexpected like this. At the passenger seat of her car, an envelope containing a sonogram picture, recommendation on snacks, food, and medicines allowed for pregnant woman, and an overall medical check-up summary. All the evidence needed to throw her career out of the window.

 

Jihyo had no time to pity herself for getting tangled up in a not-so-ideal situation, she called her manager to arrange a meeting with their CEO. She’s already feeling bad about this, but she can’t wait until it’s too late. Her manager confirmed a meeting after lunch and Jihyo forced herself to overcome her fear.

 

Jihyo arrived at her house around 8 pm, beyond exhausted. Her feet automatically led her to the kitchen, opening the f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter