Jealousy

The Nine Percent Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 : Jealousy

 

February 26, 2021

Jihyo put her laptop down and stretched on the bed. It’s currently almost midnight and Jongkook hasn’t come back from whatever he’s up to with his friends. Sometimes, Jihyo doesn’t understand how can one person have so many friends, but her boyfriend sure is really an out-going person. Jihyo just finished watching a movie on her laptop, contrast to how she usually watched them on her TV. Nowadays, her back is more sore when she sat too long on the sofa so she had to be happy watching movies on her laptop just so she can laid down properly.

 

Jihyo went to the bathroom to wash her face and relieved her bladder just before bed. She decided to give up waiting for her boyfriend to come home before she sleeps, maybe she could just buy that pregnancy pillow to make sure she had one when he’s out like this. Jihyo was about to fall asleep when the bedroom door opened. Jihyo glanced at the digital clock she had on her bedside table, almost 1 a.m. “Jihyo-ya, you’re still up?” Jongkook whispered.

 

“I was about to sleep oppa.” Jihyo answered, voice muffled because her face is pressed to the pillow. “Oops, mianhae Jihyo-ya.”

“What took you so long, oppa?” Jihyo asked, moving to sit a little bit. “I thought you said you’re only going to have dinner.” Jongkook’s eyes softened at this moody but cute woman. “Mianhae, I didn’t check the time until it was too late.”

 

He took a seat on the bed and opened his arms. “Can I have a hug?” Jihyo squinted her eyes. “Did you wear that outside?” she pointed to his tshirt. He shook his head. “I have a jacket over it, I didn’t take it off until I arrived so it’s clean.” Jihyo accepted in and finally scooted over to hug him. “Did you miss me when I’m out?” he whispered. She only hummed which made him chuckled. “Mian, I will try to come home earlier next time.”

 

Jihyo was about to answer when her nose caught something. She turned her head a bit to sniff on his neck, which made him moved because he was surprised. “Stop moving for a second, oppa.” She took a big sniff on Jongkook’s left side of neck. “Wae? What’s wrong?” Jongkook asked curiously.

“Women’s perfume… who did you meet, oppa?” Jihyo questioned him suddenly. It’s definitely women’s perfume, the scent lingering on his neck. “Hm? I… met some of my friends.”

 

Jihyo squinted her eyes. “Who? I know most of your friends by now.” Jongkook tilted his head. “Just Shorry, Tiny, Taehyun… oh Donghoon and Byul were there too. Can it be from Byul’s perfume?” Jihyo rolled her eyes. “How should I know?”

“Geure, that’s a wrong question, I guess…” Jongkook admitted his mistake, scratching the back of his head nervously.

 

“Did you hug Byul?” Jihyo asked, still with her detective-mode tone. “I did, before we parted ways.” He quickly said. “Okay, must be Byul’s then.”

“Can I go wash my face and change my clothes now or you’re not done questioning me?” Jongkook asked. Jihyo scoffed. “I give you 5 minutes, oppa. I’m so sleepy and I need my pillow.” Jongkook saluted her before he walked to the en-suite bathroom.

 

March 6, 2021

“Why do you have a meeting on Saturday?” Jihyo asked moodily. “Mianhae Jihyo-ya, you can blame Donghoon for it.” The door bell rang just at the right moment. “Ah that must be him.” Gapjin has a day-off today so Donghoon offered to pick Jongkook up. “Donghoon-a annyeong.” Jongkook greeted by the door.

 

“Hyeong annyeong.” They did a brotherly hug before walking to the living room. Jihyo sat on the sofa with both of her arms crossed. “Jihyo-ya annyeo— wae wae? Why are you looking at me like that?” Donghoon realized something is wrong with how Jihyo is glaring at him.

 

“Why do you have a meeting on Saturday?” she repeated the question she asked Jongkook earlier. “Keuge anira, Jihyo-ya. I know Jongkook hyeong is taking more days off and this is the only available date for the meeting…” Donghoon explained before turning to see Jongkook hiding his face with his hands, probably holding back his laughter. “Tell you what, Jihyo-ya. I knew you’d be mad at me about this.” Donghoon said suddenly, making both Jihyo and Jongkook surprised. “That’s why I brought a secret weapon.”

 

“Ne? What kind of secret weapon?” Jongkook asked. Donghoon ignored him and took Jihyo’s hands. “Wait a second my sister-in-law, I have something special just for you.” He said before walking to the front door and opened it to reveal someone. “Surprise! Annyeonghaseyo Jongkook oppa, Jihyo eonnie.” It was his wife, Byul.

 

“Donghoon oppa said you might be moody about Jongkook oppa leaving for a meeting so he took me along here.” Byul explained to the surprised couple. “Jihyo-ya, ottae? Is my plan working?” Donghoon asked to the now holding-back-a-smile Jihyo. “Waah, you really know how to make her stop being angry huh Donghoon-a?” Jongkook praised his forward thinking. “Of course hyeong, she’s my sister first before she’s your girlfriend.”

 

Jongkook slapped the back of Donghoon’s head. “I used to be one of her brothers too, you punk.” Donghoon rubbed the back of his head while laughing. “You know what, hyeong? That’s just sounded so wrong!” he joked and moved quickly before Jongkook can kick him.

 

“Aish, so noisy. Just leave, will you?” Jihyo scolded from the sofa, it was Byul’s turn to laughed when she saw both men stopped in their tracks. “We’re leaving now. Yeobo, see you later!” Donghoon was the first the move. Jongkook walked closer to the sofa and Jihyo automatically tilted her head as he pecked her lips. “See you later Jihyo-ya.” Jihyo nodded. “See you later oppa, drive safe.”

 

“Byul-a, take a good care of her please.” Jongkook turned to Byul who nodded. “Geuromyo oppa.” The men left and Jihyo quickly asked Byul to see how she thinks about the twins’ nursery. When Byul entered the room, she gasped. “Eonnie, the room is so cute!” she said, admiring the two beautiful wooden, off-white colored baby cribs. “Is it? I still think this part is a little bit empty.” Jihyo pointed to the one corner that only have a little coffee table on it. “Um… I agree that the coffee table is a little bit out of the place eonnie, maybe you should put a little toy cabinets. I know one brand that sells customized toy cabinets. Do you want to see it?”

 

In just 30 minutes, Byul helped Jihyo ordered the babies’ toy cabinets to fill that empty corner. “Now that coffee table can go, eonnie.” Byul made Jihyo laughed with that. “I thought I’d need a table to put my coffee and everything when I’m nursing the twins.” Byul shook her head firmly. “I know from experience that even the simple task of making yourself a cup of coffee is so hard during the first few weeks eonnie, you should get Jongkook oppa or the maid’s help for it.”

 

Jihyo sighed. “It’s going to be hard for me, right? I’m having not just one but two.” Byul regretted her words because it might scared Jihyo to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter