A State of Peaceful Happiness

The Nine Percent Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16 : A State of Peaceful Happiness—Content

 

May 3rd, 2021

 

“Oppa, they looked so tiny in your arms.” Somin pointed out, Daeja and Aera looked really tiny compared to his muscular arms. “But you’re a natural appa, look how comfortable they are.”

“Finally, my daughter will have dongsaengs to play with!” Donghoon exclaimed loudly, earning a glare from Jongkook.

“Keep it down, Donghoon-a, you’ll wake them up.”

 

The members surprised Jihyo and Jongkook with how fast they arrived, both completely forgetting that it was Monday and the members were just done filming Running Man for the day. They came even faster than Jihyo’s and Jongkook’s parents.

 

“Waah, noona was right. Little Aera has Jongkook hyeong’s smile. I’m not sure if this is scary or cute.” Kwangsoo commented. “Yah! What's so scary about it?” Jihyo scolded the dongsaeng loudly. “Mianhaeyo, noona.” He apologized quickly.

 

“Jihyo-ya, aren’t you tired? We should leave you to rest.” Jaesuk asked worriedly, he knew his wife was drained out of her energy after giving birth. Jihyo gave birth to twins so it must be a lot more tiring. “Aniya, I’m okay oppa. Don’t worry. I still want to admire my babies.”

 

“You did a great job, Jihyo-ya. They both are beautiful.” Seokjin patted Jihyo’s shoulder, like a proud older brother. “Gomawo, oppa.”

 

“I want to hold them, but they looked so tiny I’m scared.” Sechan confessed. “Don’t then. I’ll kill you if you drop my babies.” Jongkook threatened.

“Hyeong, how can you say it in front of your babies?” Donghoon laughed.

“I knew Jongkook oppa will have to tone down his anger, or else the twins will copy him.” Jihyo sighed tiredly but in a joking manner.

 

“Oppa, give Aera to me, please. You can keep Daeja.” Jihyo held her hands out, already missing her babies. “Arasseo, wait.” Jongkook carefully transferred Aera to Jihyo’s arms, the others holding their breath witnessing the whole thing.

 

“Why do everyone look so nervous? I know what I’m doing, yeoreobun.” Jongkook laughed when he saw how nervous everyone looked. “Somin was right, Jongkook-a, they looked so tiny in your arms.”

Daeja opened his eyes slowly, staring up at his appa with curious eyes. “Aigoo, Daeja-ya, why are you up?”

 

“Omo, he’s not even crying.” Somin cooed, squeezing between Sechan and Jongkook to see Daeja looking up the ceiling in wonder. “He’s calmer than Aera, I think he took after Jihyo with that. He only cried after being born, he’s quiet after that.” Jongkook explained proudly.

 

“I don’t know which one is better, a male version of Jihyo noona or a female version of Jongkook hyeong.” Kwangsoo joked, making the members and the new parents laughed at the thought. “I think Aera is definitely more like Jongkook hyeong” Donghoon agreed, looking at the now getting fussy baby. Jihyo naturally calmed her with her voice and everyone watched in amazement.

 

“You’re a natural, Jihyo-ya.” Jaesuk complimented. “Babies recognized their parents’ voice, she must’ve known that she’s in her mother’s arms.” He continued. The members’ visit lasted for 30 minutes, they left when Jihyo’s parents and Jongkook’s parents arrived at the same time.

 

Jihyo’s dad held the twins proudly and Jihyo’s mom thanked her daughter for such beautiful grand-children. Jongkook’s parents gave the space to Jihyo’s parents who are new to grand-parents life. They happily played with Daeja and Aera until both fell back asleep.

 

10 minutes after their families left, Aera wailed. She must be hungry and Jihyo quickly -fed her, Daeja joined his twin sister 5 minutes later. Watching the scene, Jongkook smiled proudly and thanked the universe for such a great blessing.

 

 

May 17, 2021

Jihyo couldn’t believe how big Kim Daeja and Kim Aera are for 2 weeks old babies. Jihyo lost a lot of her after-pregnancy weight, an effect for -feeding the twins so well as Doctor Cho said. “Daeja-ya, why aren’t you sleeping like your sister?” Aera is currently asleep with Jongkook on their bed, they only put Daeja and Aera on their baby cribs during the night, but the twins used Jihyo and Jongkook’s bed for other naps in-between the day.

 

Daeja kicked his feet and laughed, he’s not as sleepy as his sister after being fed. Jihyo couldn’t believe her luck too, Daeja and Aera were both angels during night-time, only woke up once to be fed and both went back to sleep until the sun is up. “Daeja-ya, don’t grow up too fast, okay?” as a response, Daeja shrieked happily. “That’s my son, aigooo… so handsome.”

 

 

 

June 14, 2021

“Just go oppa, we’ll be fine here.” Jihyo took Daeja from Jongkook’s arms but let her husband showered Aera with kisses before he had to go. It’s his first day back with Running Man shoot and while he’s so excited, he might miss the twins and his wife during the day.

 

“Aera-ya, do you want to come with appa to work? Appa doesn’t want to leave you and Daeja and eomma.” He asked Aera in baby voice. Jihyo laughed. “Andwe, oppa. They’re still too young to go with you.”

“Ottohke? I don’t think I can focus on my work later, yeobo.” He pouted to the still laughing Jihyo.

“Geunyang ga, oppa. You can face-time us during the break. And eomonim will be here to help me, we’ll be fine.” Jongkook sighed.

 

He put both Aera and Daeja on their separate cribs, showering their faces with kisses before he turned to pull his wife into a hug. “Call me if you need anything eo, Jihyo-ya?”

Jihyo nodded, face still squeezed to his chest. “Have a great day at the set oppa.”

“Eung gomawo. Saranghae.”

“Nado.”

 

 

“Kim Jong Kook is back, yeoreobun!” Jaesuk welcomed the Mr. Capable on his first day of shoot after taking a quick break for the twins’ arrival.

“Appa of two!”

“Daeja and Aera’s appa!”

“A babo for his ddal!” the others welcomed him warmly.

 

“Jihyo noona send us a video of him walking around the house, holding Aera and Aera made him go wherever she pointed.” Kwangsoo shared what he knew to the viewers, even the staffs laughed when Jongkook covered his face. “Cut me some slack, eo? I can’t really say no to my daughter’s request.” He said with a smile.

 

“How’s appa life has been for you, Jongkook-a?”

“It’s been great hyeong, the twins sleep so well at night so Jihyo and I get a lot of rest too, we’re so lucky that they love their sleep like their eomma.” He explained proudly. “Hyeong, will you be fine when Jihyo noona watch this on TV?” Sechan reminded.

“She probably will smack my head but it’s the truth.”

 

“Eonnie sent me a picture and both of the twins took after eonnie’s look, oppa.” Somin said. “They do, they really do. But Jihyo said Aera’s smile looked a lot like mine. Everything else are Jihyo’s.” Jongkook confirmed. “Thank God for that.” Donghoon teased. “What do you mean, Donghoon-a? I still work my muscles while raising the twins, you know.” Jongkook took a step towards Donghoon and he took several steps back. “Mianhaeyo, hyeong.”

 

“Anyway, congratulations once again Jongkook-a, and also to our Ace, Jihyo-ya. Kim Daeja and Kim Aera are the newest addition to the family. We hope they can grow well and healthy.”

“Gomabseubnida hyeong.”

 

 

 

2 Years Later…

Saturday, July 8th, 2023

 

“Kim Aera!” Jihyo scolded her running daughter. The 2 years and 2 months daughter of her is already so mischievous and a little more rebellious than her twin brother. “Daeja-ya, stay here okay?” Jihyo said to her son before running after her daughter. Jihyo found Aera immersed in rummaging her toy box and picked her up, it’s so hard to dress this baby. She always found a chance to run.

 

“Aniya… play, Aera wants to play.”

“No, Aera. You can play later, please wear the shoes first. Eomma will be late if you keep running away.” Daeja walked closer to the two and hugged Aera from behind. “I’ll help you, eomma.” Jihyo sighed. “Gomawo, Daeja-ya. Stay still please, Aera-ya.”

 

Jihyo finally finished dressing the twins with their outfit today. She can’t be late to her wedding ceremony, the ceremony she planned in the middle of raising the twins. “Yeobo! Let’s go!” Jongkook called, Jihyo immediately picked Daeja and handed the boy to Jongkook. “Oppa, help me with Daeja, Aera is running away to God knows where.” Aera ran as soon as she heard her appa’s voice.

 

“Okay, uri adeul, let’s go.” Jongkook happily bounced laughing Daeja in his arms while Jihyo went back inside to look for her daughter. “Kim Aera… we need to go!” Jihyo called, giggling Aera appeared holding her Tiger plush toy. “Eomma, Tiger wants to come.”

Jihyo chuckled. “Okay, Tiger can come too.”

 

It was a bad idea because Daeja weeped silently after he saw his sister bringing her toy along, now he wanted his Lion to come too so Jihyo had to go back and retrieve Lion for Daeja. “Daeja-ya, don’t cry. Here, Lion is here.” Jihyo handed the toy and Daeja finally stopped crying.

 

Jongkook started driving the car to the reserved wedding hall, conversing his wife about the preparation he checked earlier. He insisted to check the place and left the twins to Jihyo’s care. Jihyo’s team are ready to help her at the venue, Jongkook too, will get ready at the venue. Thankfully, their parents are going to take care of Daeja and Aera while the couple get ready, so they can have peaceful time getting ready for the ceremony.

 

“Daeja-ya, Aera-ya, stay with your grand-parents, eo? Don’t make them run after you.” Jongkook said to the twins, Daeja nodded while Aera only stared at her appa. “Can I come with you, appa?” she’s such a daddy’s little girl. Jongkook laughed. “Appa will be back in a bit, stay here, okay?”

 

Both Jihyo and Jongkook left the twins in their parents’ care and went to two different get-ready room. “Eonnie, what’s with the eyebags?” Jihyo’s make-up artist asked. “Try living with twins, Hyemin-a. Aera is draining my energy these days.”

“I saw how fast Aera run when you came, eonnie. She’s a runner.”

Jihyo exhaled tiredly. “The only thing she does is run.”

 

Jihyo is beyond happy with her life right now. Despite Aera’s hobby to run away from her, the twins always had a way to make her laugh every single day. Daeja with his sweet little actions and unexpected wise words, Aera with her natural cuteness and wit that sometimes surprised even her appa. “Hyemin-a, I’m going to take a quick nap.” Jihyo informed her make-up artist who chuckled. “I know you will eonnie, go ahead. I got this, I’ve been working with you for years, don’t worry.”

 

She only wanted her original team to help her with this wedding. Her usual people, the ones who knew her better than anyone. Hongda will be here later to do her hair and Seol is the one who helped her pick the wedding dress. Those three worked with Jihyo for years, and she trusted them for this special occasion.

 

Jihyo really took a nap and only woke up when she heard her son’s cry. “Eomma!” he wailed in Jihyo’s mom arms. “Uri ddal, I’m sorry but he won’t stop crying.” Jihyo’s mom said apologetically. “It’s okay eomma, come here Daeja-ya.”

He sniffled while burying his face into Jihyo’s chest. “What’s wrong, Daeja-ya?”

“Aera threw Lion.” he sobbed.

“Aigoo, is Lion okay though?”

“Halabeoji is curing his oowie.” Jihyo chuckled.

 

“He’s going to be okay, Daeja-ya. You can stop crying now.” He looked up, eyes still filled with tears but curious when he saw 2 people playing with her face and hair. “What are you doing, eomma?”

“Me? I’m getting ready for the party I told you yesterday, Daeja-ya. You remember? Appa and Eomma has a party

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter