Sick Mongji

The Nine Percent Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 : Sick Mongji

 

A/N : Contained spoilers for Running Man episodes 518, 519 and 524, you’ve been warned.

 

August 17, 2020

The Running Man team welcomed 4 guests from a drama today. Jihyo teamed up with Jihyun, Sechan and Kwangsoo. On the first game, Jihyo felt bad for Kwangsoo because Jongkook flicked his head in several areas because he got correct answers. “Kwangsoo-ya, you okay?” Jihyo checked as they wrapped the first game. “Ne noona, Jongkook hyeong is being active today with his finger.” He still joke about it so he’s fine.

 

When they moved to another set for the second game, Jihyo felt dizzy for a second. Brushing it off for a moment of weakness, she continued the game in daze. Kwangsoo and Sechan almost lost it when they had to explain the Strawberry game to a dazed Jihyo. The dizzy spell came back and forth during the game, even until they’re enjoying the lunch they earned. As always, the Running Man members actively used the lunch time to converse the guests, Jihyo happily conversed with Jihyun about the younger actress’ on-going drama.

 

When they’re about to move to their starting point for the last game, Jihyo walked with Kwangsoo. The production staffs got a great scene as Jihyo mistook Kwangsoo’s raised palm as a high-five while he’s in fact letting her know that he’s on the 5th grade. It was Kwangsoo’s turn to check on Jihyo now. “Noona, are you okay? Your drama is done, right?” Jihyo nodded, reassuring the dongsaeng that she’s fine.

 

She didn’t actively taking off people’s name tag during the last game, she preferred walking around, trying to find the ‘Up and Down Room’ which she unfortunately failed to find. She teamed up with guests and the other members on last minutes though. Kwangsoo ended up winning the whole race for surprisingly tricking even the witty Jaesuk into ripping his name tag to get the only 4th grader spot.

 

When the staffs are busy about the punishment and Kwangsoo’s prize, Jihyo leaned her body on Seokjin’s right shoulder. “Jihyo-ya, you alright?” the eldest member asked with concern on his eyes. “Ah ne oppa, just tired.” He let her lean on him until Bopil called for a wrap of the shoot.

 

They were walking to the waiting room provided when Seokjin tapped her shoulder. “Get some sleep, Jihyo-ya. We have another shoot tomorrow.” He advised, Jihyo chuckled. “Arasseo oppa, I’ll be fine.” Seokjin shook his head. “Look at you, looking pale like that.” He pointed out. “I’m okay oppa, don’t worry.” Without their knowledge, Jongkook overheard the conversation and planned something inside his head.

 

Jihyo was about to retreat to her room after dinner when her phone rang. Jongkook is calling her. “Hello? Jongkook oppa?” Jihyo picked up. “Jihyo-ya, I’m on my way to your house.” He informed suddenly. “My place? Why?” she knew she didn’t have any plans tonight with anyone. “Can’t I just come?” he asked with a chuckle. “Of course you can, I mean—”

 

“Okay. I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” He ended the call. Jihyo stared at her phone screen in shock, wondering what he’s up to. 10 minutes later, Jihyo opened the door for Jongkook. He had a bag and a pizza box in each hand. “Pizza?” he asked, holding the pizza box higher for her to see. “I ate dinner already but pizza sounds good.” She couldn’t help but smile at his cute gesture. “Okay!” he said excitedly, same tone he used to when they’re shooting Running Man episodes.

 

“Oppa, I’m sorry for asking, but why are you here?” Jihyo asked, both of them are lounging on the sofa in her living room, pizza box is empty in mere minutes. “I saw you’re looking a little bit out of it, so I’m here just to make sure you’re well rested for tomorrow.” Jihyo laughed. “I can rest just fine, oppa.” Jongkook turned his head, still leaning on the back of the sofa. “Should I just go home then?” Jihyo tilted her head. “I mean I can be a good, warm pillow for you.”

 

Jihyo got his point across and decided to back. “As far as I remembered, you used me as a pillow last time, oppa.” He lowered his gaze and chuckled. “You made me broke my alcohol limit, so technically it’s your fault.” Jihyo laughed. “I guess so,” he now looked at her like a puppy expecting a treat. Jihyo eyed the bag he threw on the floor beside the sofa. “You’re already well prepared, oppa.” Jihyo pointed at the bag. Jongkook grinned. “I decided to try my luck.”

 

Jihyo swore she didn’t expect him to be like this after that night. They’re not in their 20s, so this is pretty unexpected. As a celebrity herself, Jihyo knew he must’ve had his share of women since his debut, it’s in human nature. This kind of behavior is expected from either Kwangsoo, Somin or Sechan. Including Kwangsoo and Sechan was a far-fetched fact as Jihyo heard their stories sometimes at the waiting room.

 

“Hmmm…” Jihyo trailed, Jongkook is still looking at her with his grin, with that dimple of his. “I guess a warm pillow is not so bad.” She laughed when he said his famous ‘Okay’ line.

 

 

August 18, 2020

Jongkook had been trying to wake Jihyo up for 10 minutes now but the girl sure loved her sleep. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter