Comfort Zone, Right?

The Nine Percent Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8 : Comfort Zone, Right?

 

December 22, 2020

Jihyo struggled to change into her workout outfit and she noticed everything won’t fit now so she will have to buy maternity clothes sometime soon. She’s ready to attend a yoga maternity online class in half an hour. Jongkook is currently showering as he needs to go to a meeting. He already informed his manager, Gapjin, to bring some fresh clothes to Jihyo’s place yesterday morning. He will stop by at his place after the meeting to pick up his things.

 

He told Jihyo last night that he will still needs to go back and forth between her house and his apartment because he’s still using it for ‘My Little Old Boy’ show. Jihyo didn’t mind, also because they haven’t really talked about their relationship either so she kind of let him do what he wants. Jihyo is never the impatient one, she will let everything flow in time.

 

Jongkook came out of the room 15 minutes later, freshly showered and ready to go. “Oppa, what time you will be back?” Jihyo checked. Jongkook thought for a few seconds before answering. “Hopefully before 5, Donghoon and the others will be here around 7.” Jihyo titled her head. “Others?”

“See you later.” He kissed her on the cheek before leaving without answering her question. Who else is coming?

 

Jihyo happily munched on a protein bar snack after her yoga class. It was surprisingly really fun and her back isn’t as sore as before. She was browsing through another website that sells baby things when her phone rang. “Hello Hongda,” she greeted. “Eonnie, my meeting with the architect is done.” She informed right away. “Oh geure? How was it?”

 

“He agreed with the budget and everything, he also signed an NDA already.” Jihyo squealed. “Can he start soon, then?” Hongda chuckled. “He’s actually still with me, do you have time? He wanted to check on the place soon.” Jihyo checked the time and she still have a lot of time before Jongkook came. “I have no plans until later, you can come now.”

 

“Okay eonnie, I’ll be there with the architect in 30.” Jihyo ended the call and continued browsing for baby things. Now that she finally know that she’s having twins, a boy and a girl, she finally can order their clothes and everything. About 30 minutes later, Jihyo’s part-time maid opened the door for Hongda and a man. Hongda introduced the man as Choi Seunghoon, the architect that will work on the twins’ nursery.

 

Jihyo happily showed him which part of the house she’d like to change. Seunghoon measured everything and he right away drew Jihyo’s idea on his laptop while still giving professional advices here and there. Even Hongda is excited when the ideas came into a really great looking design. Jihyo decided to change that big window to a full wall of glass. It’s going to be thick enough for comfort but still let the sun streaming through. She also decided to add a little patio and wodden chair with parasol on the backyard. She always had that backyard but never used it, it’s clean enough and her manager hired gardener to trim and take a good care of it for Jihyo. Now that she’s having a baby, that backyard will finally have a use in near future.

 

The architect will order everything according to the plan and will start working on the renovation in a week time. He reminded Jihyo that as the work will probably take 2 weeks to finish, Jihyo might need to find a place to stay. Jihyo assured that she will happily empty the place in a week.

 

The meeting surprisingly lasted longer than Jihyo expected but she didn’t even notice. They had lunch in between and now it was nearing 5 pm. Hongda left with Seunghoon and Jihyo retired to her bed after stretching her legs. She politely asked the part-time maid to brew a cup of tea and bring it to her room before she happily snuggled into her blanket. When she finished her tea and Jongkook still hasn’t come, she decided to take a quick nap.

 

Jongkook entered the house with Gapjin following close behind. The maid greeted them, Jongkook informed her this morning that they might need some help with post-dinner cleaning up so she’s staying for a bit today. “Miss, where’s Jihyo?” Jongkook asked the maid. “She’s in the room, sir.” Jongkook nodded before turning to Gapjin. “Take a seat and leave those there, I’ll come and get it. Jihyo is probably taking a nap.” He entered the room quietly and he was right. The woman is sleeping peacefully on the bed, he chuckled before he went to the en-suite bathroom to wash his face.

 

Jongkook prepared everything for the dinner. From setting up the grills, to lining up plates and bowls, chopsticks and spoons. He also put the soup he bought from his favorite place to the biggest pot he can find and he placed it on top of the stove to re-heat it later. He had other things like fresh meat and side dishes, which he let the maid to put it on smaller plates around the dining table. Thankfully, Jihyo has a big dinning table, they can either eat at the table or at the spacious living room.

 

Jongkook checked the time, it was 30 minutes before 7 and he needs to wake Jihyo up from her nap. Gapjin left after helping Jongkook with the dinner preparation and moving some of his things that they picked up earlier. Jongkook quietly entered the room again, sliding slowly on the bed. “Jihyo-ya, wake up.” He kissed her nose. She didn’t stir. This girl loves her sleep even before she got pregnant, what did he even expect?

 

“Jihyo-ya,” he called again while her hair, it’s getting longer now. “Wake up, Jihyo-ya.” She finally stirred in her sleep before opening her eyes lazily. “Oppa?” Jongkook chuckled. “Hm, wake up. It’s almost 7 now.” Jihyo stretched before turning her head to see the clock. “That was a good nap.”

 

Jihyo sat straighter, leaning her back on the headboard. “Are you tired? What did you do when I’m out?” Jongkook pulled her closer, cicling his arm around her and she leaned her head on his chest. “After the yoga class, Hongda came with the architect who will help me renovate this house. They left sometime before 5 and I took a nap.”

 

“Renovating?” Ah right, he hasn’t heard about it before. “Yes, I’m renovating that part for a little bit. That corner will be transformed into a mini and connected nursery.” Jihyo pointed to the corner where she has a bookshelf, a sofa and a coffee table she usually used when she’s memorizing her lines. “Ah so it’s for the nursery, why don’t you just use the guest room?” he asked, she has one guest room that’s rarely used. “When I’m thinking about renovating this room, I thought I’d be too anxious if the baby sleeps too far away from me. The room also didn’t have a lot of sun streaming in so I’m not going to use it.” The guest room is located in another side of this house, so that’s understandable.

 

“I see, we’ll talk about the renovation later. Now you have to get ready because we have guests coming soon.” Jongkook patted her right cheek before he walked out of the room. He checked the food and all the preparation once again before lounging at the sofa. He turned the TV on to pass the time while waiting for their friends to come. Jihyo came out of the room around 20 minutes later, dressed comfortably with a simple and barely there make-up, she automatically went to Jongkook and cuddled. “My feet are starting to get really sore these days.” She complained. Jongkook checked and she was right, her feet are swollen a little bit. “I’ll keep my eyes on you then, so you won’t walk around too much when our friends are here.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter