Chaos

The Nine Percent Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 : Chaos

 

November 9, 2020

Jihyo jumped out her car, dragging her feet as she walked to the studio where they will shoot her last episode of Running Man. She had no idea what kind of race Bopil made in such a short time but she knew she’d shed some tears during the taping. When she entered the waiting room, everyone were already there and she didn’t like the somber mood. “I’m still here, everyone. Can everybody please act like I’m not dead or something?” she joked, out of her usual ‘mong’ character, to lighten the mood.

 

She successfully made Kwangsoo chuckled a little bit. “You’re making it worse, noona.” Somin ran to hug the surprised Jihyo, but she hugged the girl back equally tight. “Eonnie…”

 

“Sshh, Somin-a. Don’t cry, you’ll be fine okay?” Jihyo tried to reassure her, Jihyo made it a mission to encourage Somin to bravely continue the show after she left. Jaesuk walked to the girls and their hair with both of his hands. “Aigoo, our princesses.”

 

The shoot went surprisingly well. Jihyo had fun being the One Day Queen, demanding different things from the members for the race. Bopil called the race as it is, “One Day Queen”. Jihyo had the ultimate chance to be their queen throughout the race. She also gave the title of Princess to Somin, who lead Kwangsoo, Jaesuk and Seokjin as a team. Jihyo herself lead her team, the Nevis team, Sechan, Donghoon and Jongkook.

 

She noticed Jongkook had put his ‘variety show’ act as soon as the camera rolls. He didn’t make it like he hasn’t talked a thing to Jihyo after he storm out of his restaurant a week ago. Somin’s team lost by the end of the race, the punishment for them is they have to buy a present for Jihyo later that day with their own money.

 

As the shoot come to the end, Bopil granted Jihyo’s wish to say something to each members. Something she didn’t get to do when she invited them for lunch, as one storm out before she can calm herself down.

 

“Um, I’m not really good with speeches as everyone know.” Jihyo started, making the members chuckled sadly. “But I requested this to Bopil PD, as I really want to do this before I go.”

 

“Yah, Song Jihyo. Don’t say it like that!” Donghoon attempted to joke, but his tone of voice emitted sadness he truly felt. Jihyo chuckled before continuing. “I will start with Seokjin oppa,” Seokjin dutifully went to sit by Jihyo’s side. The set is more like a living room per Jihyo’s request when she expressed her need to do this.

 

“Oppa, I want to thank you for being the kindest and caring not to just me but to all of the members too,” the members nodding along with her. “We might tease you on the show countless of times, deliberately made you raised your voice but we always have been proud with how patient you are with all of us. Thank you for that, oppa.” Seokjin smiled warmly, like he always does when the camera is off. “Aniya, Jihyo-ya. That’s the least thing I can do as the oldest member.”

 

“Oppa,” Jihyo grinned. “Thank you for being patient with me especially last year, when we have to sing together for the fan-meeting. I know I probably drove you crazy back then, but thank you for being so kind even during that stressful time.” Seokjin nodded, his head went to the memory of stressful recording session with Jihyo, who didn’t have a single clue about singing. They ended their personal session with a warm hug.

 

“Jaesuk oppa,” Jihyo started. It’s the Nation’s MC ‘s turn now. He nodded, encouraging her to continue. “I know you always tease us because you wanted to draw attention to each of us equally, thank you for that, oppa.” His eyes are b with tears but he nodded, he doesn’t even need to say it but he looked quite happy with Jihyo’s praises. Meant he did his job well and the members understood his real intention. Jihyo also listed some of her favorite memories throughout the years and highlighted his kindness towards her and the members, all of it off the camera. She thanked him for teaching them to be kind. Like Seokjin, they ended their session with a hug. Jaesuk patted her head like a proud older brother, he made a bow before he left the spot to Jongkook. “Great job, Jihyo-ya.”

 

This one is hard for Jihyo. She stared at him without saying anything at first, making him chuckled in clear discomfort. “Jihyo-ya, say something.” He encouraged. Jihyo smiled. “Oppa, out of everyone, you gave me a lot of advices I still hold dear until today. You also made sure we always take care of our health, even when you know we ignored you most of the times.” Kwangsoo stood up and confessed that sometimes, Jongkook’s nagging went in on ear and out the other in seconds.

 

“Oppa, I apologize for hurting you by leaving the show so sudden like this.” Her apology shocked everyone. “Aniya, Jihyo-ya. I will support you with everything that I have.” He said before Jihyo can get another sentence out, successfully made the actress cried. Kwangsoo, being the considerate brother, came with a box of tissue. Jongkook dabbed her cheeks and eyes with the tissue. “You’re still the queen of the day, I can’t let our queen cry.”

 

Jihyo chuckled. “Thank you for everything, oppa.” He quickly pulled her into a tight hug, kissing a spot on top of her head quickly. “Sorry for the last time, Jihyo-ya.” He whispered at her right ear, with a position that might be out of the camera’s eyes.

 

When Donghoon took the spot, he hang his head down quickly. “Oppa, my Mapo-Gu oppa.” Jihyo called, making the sad Donghoon chuckled lowly. “Out of everyone, you always treated me like a real, blood-related little sister and I’m so thankful for that special bond we always have.” Donghoon pouted but nodded. “You are my little sister, blood or not, we are siblings.”

 

“I didn’t think I told you this before but I am proud of you, your dedication to your family is something I look up to.” Jihyo confessed. “Really?” he asked, in a tone he always used when he’s really surprised. Jihyo nodded confidently. “I am happy to see you work hard, solely for your family. You’re my role-model, oppa.” His tears fell as he cursed lowly. “Aish, Song Jihyo. She knew how to make me cry.” He said to the camera before hugging Jihyo tightly. “Love you, sister.”

“Love you too, brother.”

 

When it’s Kwangsoo’s turn, he already shed a few tears before Jihyo can say something. She told him how thankful she was for their friendship, how thankful she was for Kwangsoo who always made sure she’s well fed, well rested and the list goes on. She also said her apology for not hanging out with him outside the show as they used to before, but she’s proud with how successful he is right now and she wanted him to have fun and meet other people when he’s still full of energy. Kwangsoo took his time and thanked her back for letting him come to her in times of need, he thanked her for teaching him to let go of his frustration with sleep and it’s okay to sleep his problem away.

 

“Noona, believe me when I say we will always be there for you when you need us, even after you left. You will always have a spot in this family.” He said at the end, making Jihyo cried a little harder. “Thank you Kwangsoo-ya, thank you for saying that.”

 

Instead of Somin, Jihyo called Sechan next. “Sechan-a, I want to thank you for being such a considerate little brother for all of us. You’re the balance we all need, the neutral side for every fights.” Jihyo didn’t think she’d successfully made the comedian cry, but he held his chin higher to stop his tears from falling. He made a loud complaint about it though, making the members and Jihyo laughed. “Sechan-a, from the very first time you came, you made us laugh a little harder. Don’t ever lose that positive energy of yours, okay?” She said to close their session. Sechan happily hugged Jihyo, thanking her several times for saying those things he didn’t know he needed to hear. The pressure for the new members must’ve been hard.

 

“Somin-a, come here.” Jihyo opened her hands wide and Somin went with the help of Kwangsoo and Sechan. Kwangsoo took the spot on the floor while Sechan sat on the edge of the sofa, tissue box in hand for the girls. “Somin-a, great job.” Jihyo started, even the other members were fighting to hold their tears now. “If we got the chance to turn back the time, we will still happily welcome you to join this family.” Somin had her face completely buried in Jihyo’s embrace.

 

Jihyo herself struggled to hold back her tears. She needed to say this to lift the weight in her heart. Somin received all kind of hate ever since she joined, which she didn’t deserve with amount of work and effort she gave to the show. “You are a part of us. No amount of hate comments will change that. Remember it well and clear, okay?” Kwangsoo was now actively Somin’s right shoulder, she hasn’t said a thing, she only cried. “Please keep your chin up for us, Somin-a.” Jihyo encouraged. Somin can only nodded a little.

 

November 21, 2020

Jongkook gasped as he read the article, complete with photos, Donghoon sent him. Jihyo looked too tired, dark circles under her eyes were visible even from quite a distant. The article left the internet crazy as it revealed Jihyo going in and out of a building, a private clinic to be exact. The clinic won’t give out any information but the internet has speculations. Some were saying that she went there to visit a friend, other said she probably has some kind of disease that pushed her to take a rest, and some bastards said maybe she needed a therapy to cure some kind of mental illness.

 

Jongkook had half in mind to sue those who wrote bull for the fun of it. His phone rang, Kwangsoo is calling him. “Hyeong have you seen it?” he asked as soon as Jongkook picked up. “Eung, I saw it.”

 

“I tried to call her but her phone is off, even Seongmoon can’t reach her right now. She looked so weak, I’m worried about her.” Kwangsoo is more of a quiet kid outside of the show, for him to spit a lot of things as fast as he just did, he must be really panicking right now.

 

“I’ll check with Donghoon, I’m actually near her area, I will try to get a hold of her, Kwangsoo-ya.” He tried to reassure the clearly distressed actor. “Please, hyeong. Call me if you have anything.” Yep, he’s panicking over this. “I will. I’m ending the call now.” He looked for Donghoon’s number, trying to plan something to find Song Jihyo, who’s Missing in Action for a couple weeks now.

 

November 24, 2020

“Hyeong, even Hongda is not answering her phone now.” Donghoon frustratedly scratch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter