The Tiger's Birthday and Surprise

The Nine Percent Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15 : The Tiger’s Birthday and Surprise

 

April 18, 2021

Kim Jongkook is practically tiptoe-ing around the house these days. Everything, everything he does irritates the hell out of his wife. From his bad habit of hanging back the clothes he wore because he might wear them soon, which Jihyo hated—to his loud voice sometimes. He couldn’t help but feel bad for his wife though, so he tried his best to be on his best behavior.

 

Jihyo is 35 weeks pregnant with the twins and Doctor Cho said twins’ pregnancy usually lasted up to 35-37 weeks. Jihyo is so close to giving birth to the twins, so Jongkook tried his best to help her or disappear from the sight to not anger his pregnant wife.

 

Today, they will meet Doctor Cho for the twins’ check-up. Jihyo was still in the middle of her morning yoga maternity online class, Jongkook had time to work on his legs, with the gym equipments he had in the house. “Ah, that felt good.” He stretched his body when he’s done working out.

 

“Oppa!” Jihyo called from the backyard. He jogged to the kitchen where the glass door to the backyard is, “Eo, Jihyo-ya?”

“You haven’t showered yet?” she asked in annoyed voice. “Mianhae, I just finished working out my legs—”

“Oppa, we might be late so please, go take a shower now, and don’t take too long because I need one too.” Jongkook sighed. “Ne.” Married life is not easy, yeoreobun.

 

 

“Gapjin-a, where are you?” Jongkook half-whispered, half-shouted. His wife is almost ready but Gapjin is not there yet to drive them to the appointment. “I’m only 5 minutes away hyeong—”

“Drive faster if you don’t want to witness an angry Song Jihyo.”

“Ne!” he’s about to go crazy.

 

 

“Noona, you looked great today.” Gapjin awkwardly complimented, Jongkook was half a second late to warn him. “I look fat, Gapjin-a.”

“Animida, noona—”

“Geumanhae, Gapjin-a.” Jongkook warned him this time. “Ne.”

 

“The cushion okay, Jihyo-ya? Do you need more?” Jihyo sighed loudly. “No oppa, I’m fine.”

“Okay.” He gave up. It’s better to listen to Donghoon’s advice, don’t say anything when she’s not in the mood Hyeong—and that’s exactly what he’s going to do, say nothing.

 

 

“Jihyo-ssi, Jongkook-ssi, how are you?” Doctor Cho greeted warmly as always. “It’s harder to do simple things these days, Doctor Cho.” Jihyo immediately complained. “That’s completely normal, Jihyo-ssi. I see the twins are shifting lower now.”

 

Jihyo’s eyes widened. “They are? I didn’t notice.”

“We can see for sure with the machine, hop on Jihyo-ssi.” Jongkook helped her to get on the bed and they finally meet the twins again through the screen.

 

“I was right, they’re getting lower but still not low enough for you to be in labour. From now on, try to walk around the house a little bit more, Jihyo-ssi. It’ll help with the dilation of your cervix.” He advised. “I will doctor, anything else I need to do?”

 

“Hm… you may move around but not to the point of exhausting yourself, that’s my best advise. The twins will be here in no time so be patient for a little bit more, Jihyo-ssi.”

 

 

April 19, 2021

Jongkook woke up to Jihyo snuggling closer to him. It’s rare as she’s usually up before him and he should enjoy this moment. His hand went to lovingly her hair, slowly—to not wake her up. He didn’t check the time until Jihyo finally woke up. “Oppa.”

“Eung, Jihyo-ya.”

“I need to pee.” She exhaled loudly. “I’ll help you, come on.”

 

After she’s done at the bathroom, Jongkook offered to make them breakfast, with the help of their stand-by maid though. “Here. Eat a lot, yeobo.” He presented the many choices of breakfast and chuckled upon seeing her happy face. “Jal meogesseubnida.” She said before eating happily. She’s in the good mood, means it’s a great day too for Jongkook.

 

“Oppa, Seongmoon and my parents are coming today.” Jihyo reminded in case he forgot. “Eo, have you tried to convince them to stay here?” she nodded somberly. “Appa said he didn’t want to impose, and he wanted us to have a lot of rest before the twins are here.”

“Aboenim is right, we’re spending the day with them anyway, Jihyo-ya. Don’t be too sad.” He tried to console. She must’ve missed them since she hasn’t seen them for months now. “I know but I can’t help it.”

 

“Aigoo, here. Oppa can give you a hug to cure the sadness.” He walked around the dining table to give her a big hug that made her giggled. “Oppa.”

“Eung.”

“Walk around the backyard with me?” she asked cutely.

“Gladly, wifey. Let’s go.”

 

This is their new everyday life. Sometimes, she’s too irritated with him to even be in the same room. But things might change in minutes and she’s suddenly so clingy with Jongkook but he loved it. It wasn’t easy, but he loves her and he’s willing to do anything to make her happy. Not just because she’s pregnant with his children, but because he’s obsessed with her even when they’re nothing more than friends.

 

Jihyo felt bad every time she scolded her husband and got mad at him. She couldn’t help it, she only wished that this is only because she’s about to burst with how close the twins’ arrival now. Her mood changes in minutes, but she’s grateful that Jongkook is so understanding. She really can’t wait until the twins are here.

 

 

April 25, 2021

“Saengil chukhahabnida, saengil chukhahabnida, saranghaneun Jongkook oppa… Saengil chukhahabnida!” Jihyo surprised him with mini donuts she baked herself when Jongkook was out for his weekly gym time.

Jihyo only allowed him to go to the gym once a week for a total 3 hours and he loved it. She knew Jongkook missed the gym and he’s obsessed with the gym, so she gave him a special schedule for him to go.

 

“Thank you, love. I usually didn’t like something like this, but I loved it. Thank you.” He pulled her into a kiss and she happily kissed him back. “Oppa, look at the donuts.”

 

Kookie

Mongji

Daeja

Aera

 

She wrote that on top of the 4 mini donuts. “These are… the twins’ name? You let me name our daughter Aera?” he asked, surprised because she said she has another name in mind. They agreed with Daeja for their son but fought about their daughter’s name.

Jihyo grinned. “I actually agreed to name our daughter with Aera, I just pretend that I’m against it.”

 

“You—” he married an actress, a playful one at that so he can’t really complain. “Thank you for agreeing with that name, yeobo.” He smiled brightly. “It’s a beautiful name, oppa.”

“Thank you for everything, Jihyo-ya. I’m serious.”

“You’re very welcome, oppa. Now stop thanking me. Happy birthday.”

 

 

After the morning surprise donuts, Jongkook and Jihyo spend a lazy time in their room—watching movies and cuddling. Jihyo still has another surprise but she still has some time to spend with her clingy husband. They also re-checked the bag they will have to bring for when Jihyo is in labour, making sure that they have everything they needed.

 

With the twins coming soon, Jongkook is obviously more protective and he studied everything he can to help Jihyo out. He also asked his mother, his sister-in-law and everyone else who has children for tips as a new dad. Jihyo did the same as she ordered some books online and asked her mother for any kind of tips she can learn.

 

During lunch, Jongkook happily fed her and they spend a lovely time just the two of them at the dining room. “Oppa, I didn’t know married life would make me this happy. We’re wearing our pajamas and eating lunch, such a simple activity.” She sighed, so content with her life right now. “Right, I’d marry you earlier if I knew.” He agreed with her.

 

“Eo, I think Daeja and Aera are happy to be here too.” Jihyo put Jongkook’s hand to where the twins are kicking. “Daeja-ya, Aera-ya, hurry up. Appa can’t wait to meet you.” He said softly to Jihyo’s stomach and her heart melted. “You’re going to spoil them huh, oppa?”

 

“Of course. Aera won’t have a chance to date anyone until she turned 30.” Jihyo laughed. “Aren’t you being unfair? How about Daeja?” he only shrugged. “Daeja is going to be fine and I will teach him to be a gentleman just like me.”

“Still so unfair, oppa.”

 

He kissed her stomach before sitting back up. “I really hope the twins will be just like you.”

Jihyo giggled. “Wae? Is it so they won’t talk back like their appa?”

“Ani, because I want them to have your kind heart.”

 

Jihyo put her hand on his cheek and it slowly. “You’re kind too oppa, but in a different way.” He grinned. “Of course.”

“Aish, you’re annoying. Why do I have a feeling that our Aera will take over your annoyingness?” Jongkook’s eyes widened. “No way, Daeja will. I won’t let Aera inherit something like that from me.”

 

Jihyo had to laugh at his offended face. “They’re still inside but they already made us so happy.” She said dreamily. “I know, our little fighters.”

“You wouldn’t admit to our friends that we call them ‘litte fighters’ right?”

“I think Donghoon and Kwangsoo figured it out already.”

 

After lunch, the weather is good enough for them to enjoy the afternoon sun at the backyard. Jongkook walked around the backyard, helping Jihyo with her task to move around lightly. He also helped her bounce with a gym ball, and they had a great time just messing with each other.

 

They returned inside around 5 p.m. when the weather is starting to get chilly. Jihyo went to take a quick shower while Jongkook watched the TV. In the bathroom, Jihyo texted her friends to check with the surprise—happy to hear the plan is going smoothly and she will get to surprise her husband for the second time today.

 

 

“Yeobo, dinner?” Jongkook asked.

“30 minutes more, oppa. I’m too immersed in this book.” Jihyo held the book she was reading and Jongkook nodded. “Okay.”

 

“Oppa, can you turn the speaker on?” It’s one of her pregnancy habits, she likes to listen to music even more these days. Jongkook hoped one of the twins will be into music as much as he is.

“Which song should I play?”

“Turbo’s song.” Jihyo answered happily.

“I knew it. Okay.”

 

She was such a big fan of Turbo’s music back in the days and she still is until the present day. Jongkook used to be so embarrassed but now he loves the fact that his wife enjoyed his music, and the twins too in an extend. Jihyo said they danced around her belly whenever Turbo’s song is on.

 

Little did Jongkook knew, Jihyo wanted to listen to the songs, but she only made him play the song loudly because everyone is about to enter their house. His family—parents, brother and sister-in law with their children, Jihyo’s parents and Seongmoon, the Running Man members and some of the PDs and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter