Brand New Day

A Gift From Heaven

 

LESSON 2 : BRAND NEW DAY

" RINGGGGGGGGG !!!!! " the alarm on Yunhui's table started to shriek. she groggily slid out of bed and stretching- reaching for the alarm.

" WHAT?! " her eyes widen . " Oh no! i'm late !! "
  She rushed to the bathroom and washed her face.she grabbed and put on her new school uniform hurriedly.

  The stair  looked like it was vibrating when she ran down to the kitchen.  If the stairs alive, they would scream in pain due to the great pressure she applied on them.

  " omma, appa, halmeoni " she greeted and grabbed the only toast left on the plate.

 " yah, you didn't even greet me?! " her brother, Nam woohyun pouted.

 "why would i do that?" she scoffed.

 " yah, this little...." Woohyun stood up and tried to catch her arm.

 " when will you guys stop? " their omma frowned. "aish..these kids.."

        Being the only 'Kim' in the 'Nam' family, everyone can guess well that she just an adopted daughter. But, she didn't even care. They made her smile again. This family had bring so much happiness in her life after being an abandoned for 10 years in an orphanage. Alone.

  " i'm going now! " Yunhui bowed and quickly ran towards the main door.

  " yah! wait for me " woohyun screamed from the kitchen.

  " just go by yourself ! you're a man afterall !"

 

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^_______^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

      As she stood still in front of the enormous building of W Academy High School, the 'scholarship certificate'  that she hold fluttered . Not because of the wind but because of her hands.

 Her heart was pounding hard like it's going to burst soon and unluckily, IT SHOWN ! her hands kept on shivering non-stop.

* is this a dream?* her jaw dropped. The school that is standing in front of her just like a dream, or to make it more realistic, like something that she could only find in a  drama that she wouldn't want to believe.

Her eyes caught the scenery faster than she thought. Everyone that walked in front of her was totally OUT of image as a student!  The girls with the ribbon, short skirts (that obviously short) and shoes that even shine when they stood under the sunlight. bling-bling ! The glint of their shoes could hurt the eyes of whoever that watching them.

  *woahhh....this is frustrating* Yunhui tried to scan herself and clearly, too far away from all those people's  standard. She carried her foot anywhere it will take her.

" I can't believe school like this does EXIST ! " she hissed.

Yunhui felt like she is a pauper in palace that doesn't belong to her at all ! She raised her books , trying to cover her face as anyone who walked beside her would scanning and started to comment on her plain image.

Kim Yunhui managed to rest her body on an empty bench- far way from all those creepy barbie dolls.

 " hey, there....." she smiled to a kitten which appeared from nowhere.

 " you're so cute.." she ruffled the kitten on it's head.

  " it's cute right? " 

  There's a voice startled her from behind. She turned around to see the owner of the voice and what her eyes gave her was..

 

AN ANGELIC SMILE BOY !

  " uh, " Yunhui stood boldly. " i'm sorry, I didn't mean to touch your cat without your permission. I'm really sorry." she bowed 90 degree to the boy several times.

He just chuckled. " i wished it is mine "

"huh?" she frowned, confused.

" this kitty isn't mine, but i meet it everyday...here! " he paused . Again, with a sincere simile. *if smiling can make you rich, this boy surely already a millionaire*

" usually, there's no one here.only kitty and me...but today..?" he continued while kneeling down to the kitten.

" i'm sorry for interfere you." Yunhui bowed again and as she expected,the boy just smiled.

"  I really-really love it but i can't take it. We can't separate a mom and her daughter. Same goes to this kitty, animal just like human. They do need love too. If i take it home, i'm just afraid that i will make thing worse." he smiled.

*you're so true * Yunhui just stared blankly at the boy, who was pouring a bottle of milk to the kitten. She just felt so touch that there are still human being that can understand  mother-daughter situation and top on all, this handsome boy is a cat lover! *awww

" want to feed this cutie? " he asked, still smiling.

" ye? me?" Yunhui pointed to herself.

" of course, why not? Here" the angelic smile boy handed her  a bag of cat's food. He put it on her palm as Yunhui slowly kneel down next to him.