7. pink girl and blue girl

love and hatred

Wonyoung is upset. Clearly upset that she ran out of iced coffee. She needs her caffeine today because this day is giving her lots of stress. She then decides to buy one for herself again later. Coffees can wait anyway, but it doesn't mean she has brightened up. 

 

"Chill out, at this rate you're gonna have wrinkles faster than me. And I'm supposed to be the older one!" Chaewon suddenly appears, offering the younger a piece of bread but the latter declined. 

 

"I just need coffee. Now." Emphasising on the last word. 

 

"Patience my dear. We still have quizzes to ace." Chaewon gave Wonyoung her faint smile and headed to their classroom. The younger only whines in despair. 

 

"I hate classes." Wonyoung said.

 

...

 

"I knew your lazy is laying on this rooftop." Yena walks her way closer to Yujin, who was lying down and feeling the breeze on her skin. Enjoying the sunlight while listening to music that's blasting on her ears. 

 

The younger didn't say anything though. She just felt her best friend's presence and that's it. Her lazy self having no energy to talk as the usual. 

 

Yena sat beside the chilling Yujin, seeing the sight in front of her. Now she understands why this is one of Yujin's favorite places. It is so nice to relax in here. 

 

Everything is nice except for the moment she turns her head to the younger to check what she's doing but what she saw was a student scanning her textbook with a pile of books on her side. 

 

Where did those books even come from? 

 

"Even in this relaxing place you're still studying?" Yena said in disbelief. 

 

"What do you mean?" Yujin flips a page, not batting an eye to her best friend, "Studying is relaxing." 

 

Yena's mouth tightened into a thin line, "Yeah yeah you smarty pants who's super weak and lazy to do physical activities." She whispered to herself.

 

"I heard that!" 

 

"How the fuc—" 

 

.

 

Wonyoung and her friends decided to go to arcades since Minju mentioned that she wants to spend some time and have fun with them. With the rest of them melting their hearts because of the frog (or fox, it she's both case closed), everyone marched their way to the desired place. 

 

They missed this, acting like the kids they used to be. Enjoying everything at the moment, having fun with their friends.  All thanks to Chaewon (who was the sponsor for the tokens), they played whatever they liked. 

 

Going from the racing, to shooting enemies, fighting each other in the games, trying to beat the best score in an indoor electronic basketball hoop arcade game machine only to fail, and they even went 2v2 in air hockey.  

 

The four explored the entire place, not missing any corner as they tried every game machine. 

 

Things are doing good so far. 

 

While the friends were playing, Wonyoung heard some familiar voices.

 

"You literally finished an entire tub of ice cream!" 

"Says the one who ate a bucket full of chicken." 

"I've had enough, the both of you are buying me dinner later." 

 

That voice.

 

Wonyoung didn't waste any more time and looked at the source of the voice. And she was right, the three foolish idiots were arguing just near them. 

 

Wonyoung badly wants to pull her hair out, but she had company. She didn't want to look crazy and embarrass herself in front of many people. 

 

The pink lover quickly walks her way to the angel who is happily flirting with her girlfriend, "Let's leave. I don't like it here." 

 

Looking so shocked Minju asks, "Already? I thought—" 

 

"Change of plans." Wonyoung answers almost immediately and cutting the older off. Sadly, the older Kim noticed the blue girl. 

 

"Heyyyy isn't that the girl Hitomi betted on the other day?" And Minju can't get any more faster in stretching her neck out just to see her. Not caring about looking like a giraffe.

 

Yena also saw the radish fairy and used her loud voice to notify her two precious best friends, "Oh I saw the grumpy bean pole's friends again, am I actually dreaming or what?" 

 

Hyewon places her arm on Yena's shoulder, "It seems like fate is bringing us together. What do you think Yujin?" Looking at the tallest's direction. 

 

The two were not surprised she didn't open to speak. That's her charm, in being serious and silent. Emitting a dark aura unlike Yena and Hyewon. In the three of them, Yujin is the hardest one to get along with. Let alone approaching the girl. 

 

Wonyoung and Yujin's eyes met each other. If looks can kill, the both of them might be dead meat right away. 

 

Yujin blew air through her nose, deciding not to waste her energy on annoying people. So she silently walked her way to a game machine. Hoping to distract herself from the pink girl who can't seem to leave her alone ever since she met her in the mall (by an accident). 

 

The atmosphere around them became heavy everyone refused to do something about it. 

 

Minding her business, Yujin got tired of this game and heads on to a different one. Apparently Wonyoung wants to play it too so she absentmindedly walked her way using her long limbs to reach it. 

 

And the both of them arrived at the same time. 

 

"Hands off I touched it first." Wonyoung slaps the blue girl's hand away, failing to see the latter's pair of eyes twitching.

 

"For your information, saw this first." Yujin defends her stand pointing to herself with her thumb. 

 

"Okay and? I got here much faster than you." 

 

"Is that a challenge I hear, pink girl?" 

 

"How did you know I'm pink then?" 

 

"Well hello, you literally wear anything that is pink from head to toe! What are you, barbie?" 

 

"EXCUSE ME?" 

 

"Alright that's it, everybody scram off," Hitomi came in between and separated the two. Pushing them away from each other. Only then they noticed they were really close to each other. Thank goodness Hitomi was there.  

 

Wonyoung had never felt so offended before! 

 

"How dare she call me a barbie Hitomi." Pouting while she whines to her cheese loving friend. Hiding herself behind Hitomi despite being taller. 

 

While Yujin wanted to barf so bad, this is the first time she saw the pink girl looking so red. Anger evident on her face. As it should be!  

 

Hearing the screams of triumph inside her head, she smirked as she crosses her arms. Throwing a look knowing that she won this time around. 

 

"I am so gonna punch you." What did she even do in her past life to deserve this? 

 

"Try me." Yujin's smirk widened into provoking grin. 

 

And so the unexpected happened. 

 

No, Wonyoung did NOT punch her or anything. She well, just uhm— stepped on her feet two times since she doesn't wanna ruin her manicure and walked out of the place after she flipped her hair. Ignoring the wails of pain and suffering due to what she did. 

 

Minju only gave the three an awkward smile and immediately left along with the other two after realizing that people were watching them. 

 

Yena who was rendered speechless the entire time finally gained the strength to open , use her tongue and roll out the words she wanted to say. 

 

"If we are not the ones who does the leaving, it's them!"