10. athletic and lazy

love and hatred

Wearing the school uniforms are Yujin's favorite. She's comfortable with them. Especially when they had to do sports and they get into their t-shirt and jogging pants. 

 

A true physical education uniform classic.

 

What she doesn't like, is doing the actual activity.

 

And that is sports itself.

 

Yujin would rather eat, sleep, read books, watch basically anything she finds interesting or just play some video games.

 

"Argh, can we get this over and done with?" Yujin complains, helping Yena in stretching.

 

They're doing dodgeball today, much to Yujin's demise. This physical activity requires real effort (all sports actually), and the pain she got from the last time still lingers in her arms. She doesn't want to feel it again for God's sake!

 

"We will, don't worry about that. Just try not to get hit." Yena stood up. Feeling the surge of energy through her veins. Yujin knew she's more that ready.

 

"If only it's that simple," Yujin lamented, "I'm always the first one to get hit!"

 

Yena chuckled, "That's rough, buddy."

 

The blue girl remained silent. She went to sit on the floor and readied herself for what's gonna happen later.

 

But to be honest, she's only lazy to do the warm ups.

 

A few minutes later and Yujin's nightmare finally started.

 

Their teacher was a buff guy, his muscles almost popping it's kind of scary. And he's hella tall too. Taller than most of the class.

 

But Yujin's attention was flying anywhere. Until she realized she was already at the center of the gym.

 

"Ah , here we go again." She cursed.

 

"Go Yudaeng go!" Hyewon cheered at the side. Yujin chuckled nervously.

 

Everything was actually smooth sailing, Yujin managed to dodge and play properly. She's safe so far and she's liking it. 

 

"You're rocking it!" Hyewon managed to say even when she's breathing heavily.

 

"I didn't even know I had this in me." Both shared some laughters, while they're still doing the activity.

 

They were doing so well.

 

Until she came along.

 

Yujin finally got hit by the ball after getting distracted over someone. Too bad for Yujin, she doesn't have the all the luck in the world.

 

And she's finally out.

 

"Damn it," She stands up caressing the part that got hit by the ball softly, "Why do they have to be here? Why is she here?"

 

Her glare is directed at Jang Wonyoung herself. Of course, who else will be an enough distraction except for her?

 

Wonyoung and the rest from her class strutted confidently, some were even flipping hairs as if they were in a Mean Girls movie. They sat down immediately after finding a good spot to settle on, all eyes were on Yujin's class. 

 

And automatically, Wonyoung's eyes were on Yujin. Was the latter surprised? No. Was she annoyed at the pink girl's smirk? Totally. 

 

 Minju, who was beside Wonyoung, noticed how her gaze locked on to one person only. 

 

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?" She sang jokingly. Chaewon snickered at her own girlfriend. 

 

"Caught in a landside," Chaewon continued. One look and they both know what will they gonna do next, "No escape from reality." They both sang. 

 

"What are you guys up to now?" Hitomi sipped on her strawberry milk. The two Kims pointed their index fingers towards the tall girl at the side. 

 

"Oh." Her face not showing any emotion. Instead she proceeded to watch the other section finish their dodgeball game. "Another bet then?" Hitomi asked, eyes still in front. 

 

"Nah, I think I'm gonna lose money at this rate. I just won't win!" The older Kim scratched her nape. 

 

"All of us are losing money. No one won the last time." Minju leaned on Chaewon's shoulder.

 

"Yeah right." 

 

Wonyoung knows Yujin doesn't like to move that much. It was obvious due to the personality she showed her. But she can't believe that this blue girl is a whole lot worse when it comes to physical activities. 

 

She's the laziest, lamest, and the good-for-nothing person she has ever seen! 

 

Yujin is a lost cause, that is for sure. Thank goodness Wonyoung was born with amazing reflexes and talents. 

 

But then again, she finds it amusing to see Yujin act like she's such a klutz. It's funny and cute, a side she can't help but squeal in delight.

 

"She's such a child." Wonyoung mumbled and giggled. Yujin saw it and her frown deepened. Perhaps she thought that Wonyoung was making fun of her when it's not.

 

Finally something that Yujin cannot win!

 

Yujin and the rest finished the game drenched in their own sweat. She nearly fainted because her body can't handle too much activity.

 

She quickly lied down on the floor, catching her own breath. Silently cursing the person who made such thing as this dodgeball and why do they still have to do this.

 

"You okay there?" Yena rushed over to ask her.

 

"I'm gonna die."

 

Hyewon suddenly kicked her side slightly, laughing at Yujin, earning a small yelp from her.  "You're just exaggerating."

 

The newcomers were called towards the center while the buff guy (who Yujin will never acknowledge as a teacher) was giving instructions. In his left hand, was a ball while his other hand was pointing something.

 

They were formed by groups, composed of five people. Wonyoung was in a team with Minju and the other kids Yujin never knew of.

 

Wonyoung was only stood there, grinning. Both her face and aura screams confidence.

 

A towel blocked her vision suddenly.

 

"What the hell!?" Yujin groaned as she removed it off her face. She saw Yena giving her a peace sign and a sheepish smile.

 

"Wipe your sweaty face before drooling over pretty girls."

 

"Who said I'm drooling over— argh you never listen anyway, so why bother explaining?" Their classmate, Jihoon patted her back, giving a look of support and a little bit of teasing.

 

It was later on that Yujin found out they're playing basketball. Wonyoung's team against the other. All girls versus girls team.

 

The match started with Chaewon's team. Their team dominating the game right away. Yujin realized she's such a great player.

 

Too bad their team lost in the end. It was a good game though.

 

Next was the most awaited event. Wonyoung and Minju's team finally playing against Hitomi's team.

 

The number of people watching are increasing. Maybe because the famous pretty girls are playing.

 

Just by hearing men cheering for them makes Yujin cringe.

 

It was a close fight, both teams are great to be honest. She doesn't really know the rules of this sport, but she's sure enough to see they are amazing in what they're doing.

 

Wonyoung and Minju had a great teamwork. Their passes are in sync, swift and amazing in defense. But their most amazing trump card is their offense.

 

Everytime Wonyoung has the ball, she shoots. And all her shots are accurate. She had five consecutive three-point shots so far.

 

"Holy she's a monster." Hyewon muttered, still in awe after witnessing the ball slid into the ring. She and Yena are both cheering for them at this point.

 

And this is where Yujin realized they're both so different in terms of skills.

 

"How come this girl is so athletic? It's crazy!" The moment she turned her head to her classmates, they were nowhere to be found.

 

"Where are they?" Yujin asked Hyewon. Noticing they're the only ones left from their class.

 

"Showering."

 

"And you didn't tell me? We should be showering right now too!" And Yujin dragged her two idiotic friends away from the court.