9. cafeteria and insanity

love and hatred

In one's high school life, there are certain places in school that holds a lot of memories from generations to generations up to the day the school was actually built. It happens that one of those certain places are called cafeterias. 

 

Yujin's lips twitched after looking around the extremely hideous place if you ask her. 

 

You see, our cute little (actually big) Yujin obviously hates people, let alone interacting with them. But it seems like Yena has her ways to convince this seemingly unfriendly friend of hers which apparently Hyewon also happens to possess the same ability as Yena that she can use against Yujin too if not stronger. 

 

Persuasion are their greatest asset which Yujin love yet hate at the same time. 

 

Yujin observes her surroundings even further. Seeing at the corner, a couple might be flirting or doing something god knows what, by at the same side, a group of girls giggling and gossiping, while at the opposite side are the spot were the jocks are sitting and eyeing for some chicks probably. 

 

She also noticed a bunch of people screaming at each other, some are throwing pieces of crap, a bunch of nerds living in their own world (good for them, Yujin thinks) and the rest are the people she don't really care about. 

 

Why is she here you ask? 

 

Well of course, her best friend Yena did the talking but the main reason was for Yujin to open herself to the real world starting by the school's cafeteria. Or maybe, find someone attractive to gush about. 

 

"Are you ing serious?" Yujin asked in disbelief. She leaned on her seat as she munches on her food and Yena was still smiling like an idiot that she is. 

 

"You're always immersed in your books, have some time for us even a little bit please?" Yena leans over to Yujin, arms on the table as she rests her chin on her right palm. Her proud smile widened seeing her friend is wearing her usual annoyed expression. 

 

"Well I'm here now okay?" Yujin frustratingly runs her fingers through her hair, "God I wanna get out of this place so badly." She whispers. 

 

"I heard that." 

 

"Of course you heard that." Yujin rolls her eyes. And Yena only lets out a small chuckle. 

 

Thankfully, Hyewon finally arrived and sat beside Yujin immediately. Her grin suddenly appears as she turned her head to face the younger. 

 

"So have you read the latest chapter of the series?" Hyewon wiggled her eyebrows. And just like that, Yena saw how Yujin's scowl slowly softened. It was now replaced by a wide grin and a seemingly proud expression.

 

"Alright now the both of you are talking about something I really don't know about." Yena grumbles. Yujin takes this opportunity to get back at this best friend of hers. 

 

"Not my fault that you're tasteless." Yujin smirks, "You're missing out my dear bestie." She added while Hyewon nodded in agreement beside her. 

 

They talked and talked and talked. Sharing squeals, laughs, curses whenever something bull happened to the plot or to the character and sometimes throwing hate remarks, and cries during an emotional part. Their passionate orbs radiating excitement and Yena was having none of it. 

 

Yena sips on her drink. Her eyes immediately furrowed at the darn taste lingering in . 

 

Great, another way to piss me off. 

 

She then puts the cup down, her eyes looking at everything but the two in front of her. Yena was just waiting for their conversation to end so she can start another. Something she can relate to fortunately. 

 

While Yena is idling her off, the pink lover and her friends arrived to the same place. The older Kim's eyes roaming around to search for an unoccupied table for them to sit at. Hitomi went with Minju to get some food while Wonyoung decided to follow Chaewon. 

 

Today's class really beat their asses up not gonna lie. 

 

The moment their food came, they quickly dug in without even wasting a single second. Minju was supposed to be on a diet but who gives a flying anymore she's gonna eat all the stress out of her body. 

 

"So any plans for later?" Hitomi asks while waving a fry between her thumb and index finger, "I want to relax and have fun." 

 

Chaewon nods in agreement as she speaks, "Me too. The topic really kicked my I think I lost all my braincells." 

 

Minju looks at her girlfriend with a confused look, "How can you have braincells in your ?" 

 

Hitomi only facepalmed at her friend's ery. Her friends can be pain in the most of the times. Wonyoung only huffs, feeling tired as she leans against her seat.

 

It's only natural for students in wanting to let loose because of a stressful and tiring day. At this point, Wonyoung only closes her eyes to rest even just for a little bit.

 

The rest were chitchatting with every topic they could think of until seconds later a thick sauce splattered to Chaewon's uniform. Even Wonyoung felt something sticky on her face.

 

Chaewon stood up with a frown, "Who the hell!?" She quickly scans the area. There she saw a woman whose facial expression cannot be described. It was clearly obvious that it was her who did it.

 

"You!" She points out. Now everyone is on her and the other girl. The latter's expression worsened.

 

The girl raised her both hands in panic, "I swear it was an accident!" She also points to her seatmates which Chaewon immediately assumed are her friends, "They can testify!" She nudges the shorter one to speak, "Right Hyewon?"

 

Chaewon gasped. Weren't they the ones they met at the park weeks ago?

 

And then suddenly Chaewon's anger dissipated.

 

The girl named Hyewon didn't speak. Instead, she nodded. The suspect which is Yena, was actually telling the truth. They were playing all by themselves until the accident happened. Yena even thought that maybe the universe hates her too much because; (1) her crush still doesn't know she exists (2) she's single (3) she can't relate with her friends sometimes and (4) she messed up with the wrong group of people.

 

The tallest of the three only looked at them with her lazy eyes. Completely not interested with the mess her friend was in, she yawned. Loudly.

 

And Chaewon swore it made her blood boil a little bit. Only a bit.

 

"Can we go now?" Yujin side-eyed. "We really don't have time for this."

 

Wonyoung rose up from her seat, "Clean her uniform first. It was your friend's fault to begin with."

 

"It was an accident." Yujin retorts.

 

"But still, her uniform was ruined by your friend. Also, don't insert yourself to other people's business."

 

A series of noises were heard inside the cafeteria. Some were even hyping the scene as things were getting heated up.

 

"Oh yeah? What are you doing then?"

 

"I—"

 

Another batch of ooohsclaps and whatever the hell is happening at the background. Hitomi and Hyewon started another bet with the rest of the crowd for more chances of winning. Even Chaewon who was supposed to be mad at the situation joined with them.

 

Screw the uniform! I'm up with this part of the movie.

 

Yena only scratched her head. "Why do we always get in trouble with this beanpole?" And went to the side along with Hyewon and the rest.

 

She apologized to Chaewon which the latter only gave her a smile and she was relieved.

 

"I'm Choi Yena." She extends her hand hoping for the woman to accept her introduction.

 

Which the short haired fortunately did.

 

"Kim Chaewon." And they shook hands.

 

Meanwhile, Hitomi and Hyewon stood at the side with Minju who was busy collecting all the money from the bet.

 

"So you study here too?" The girl with hopes and dreams started the conversation.

 

"Obviously." Hitomi laughed because of Hyewon's answer.

 

"Small world isn't it?"

 

Hyewon smiles in amusement, "It is."

 

Minju witnessed their whole exchange and she just know they will get along really REALLY well.

 

With all the insane amount of people surrounding them and there weren't even teachers around at this hour, Minju sighs and continues to collect.

 

Her eyes darted to Wonyoung, Yujin, the bunch of idiots which are her friends (and Yujin's friends) and then to rest of the students.

 

"Oh my god," Minju gasps, "This is madness."

 

And she's enjoying it.