Her Turn to Trust

Trust and Respect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo felt so blessed. Not only she spend her birthday in the city of angels, she had a great time enjoying the city with her lover. Jongkook had so much to tell Jihyo about LA, and she loved going around the city with him. It's like each corner had a story that shaped him the way he is right now. And Jihyo loved learning about him more through the endless story.

Jongkook took her restaurant to restaurant, from the cheap, barely functioning restaurant he used to go when he was younger with Donghoon to the fancy ones where Hollywood celebrities dined in. He had a lot of fun showing her countless of gym and working-out places he went. He even took her LA Dodgers and Lakers game, which she doesn't understand at all.

In turn, Jihyo opened up more about herself too. About her struggles when she was younger, how hard it was for her to simply hang out with other kids. How hard the first year after debut, the discrimination she felt as a rookie in the industry. She told him about the many, many attempt of ual harassment that she burried in fear of her growing career.

She opened up about how hard it was for her to simply find someone to talk with, other than Jaesuk oppa and Seokjin oppa because she was too busy to plan something with anyone. She told him how she tried and failed to date some actors, how she managed to find a boyfriend through the crazy schedule but still ended up heart broken because he didn't like her being too busy. She even finally opened up about how the hate comments about her being the 'playgirl' affected her, emotionally and mentally.

Jongkook sat her down that night she told him about her struggle of being the end of endless hate comments. He told her that they know nothing about her, and Jihyo needs to focus on how those who cares about her sees her. He reminded her that the people behind those comments had never met her, so their judgement is invalid. They can talk, sure. But to believe them is a waste of time and energy, to let them affect her is a mistake.

Jongkook told her that on some days, if it's hard for her to handle, she can drink it off or use Jongkook as her punching bag or her crying pillow, he doesn't care which. But he told her that he sincerely hope that he'd never have to calm her down because of what strangers said behind a fake account. And Jihyo was sure if she wasn't in love with the man before, she'd fall that time.

"Oppa, we should treat your friends to a meal before we go." Jihyo said while playing with her phone on the bed. They will fly back to Seoul tomorrow morning so they only have less than 24 hours to enjoy LA.

"You think so? Tiny and my friends wouldn't mind if we didn't though." Jongkook is replying to emails from Donghoon, he still does that every morning when he woke up, it's a habit Jihyo would never understand.

"Aniya oppa, they helped me enjoy LA to the best way I could these past few days, it's rude not to properly thank them." Jongkook chuckled at his kind hearted girlfriend. "You realize some of them still went back and forth to Seoul, right?"

Jihyo pouted. "But we'll be too busy in Seoul, we can just go to a simple lunch and be done with it here."

"Arasseo, baby. I'll try and check on them in a bit, let me finish my work first." Jongkook smiled warmly to the now grinning lady. "I'll try and call Kwangsoo or Somin in the living room."

"But it's probably late in Seoul, right?" Jongkook checked in case she forgot the time difference. "It's fine, it's the weekend they're probably drinking somewhere."

Jongkook clicked his tongue. "You kiddos and your drinking habits, you're almost as bad as Donghoon." Jihyo stuck her tongue out before dashing out of the room, trying to dial Kwangsoo. He didn't answer so Jihyo tried Somin, to Jihyo's suprise, Somin failed to answer too. Jihyo's plan of annoying her junior is oficially failed. She went to instagram instead, realizing she hadn't post anything in a while. She found a picture she took of Jongkook a few days ago and decided to post it.

        

@songjihyo: @kimjongkook oppa, your pre-work out meal is crazy. great times in LA 🥰

-8-

Jongkook and Jihyo left the apartment for late lunch with his friends at a nearby restaurant. To Jongkook's surprise, two more of his friends joined them in secret. It was Jessi and Jinyoung, both a rapper and singer.

"Oppa! Have you been well?" Jessi greeted first, Jongkook immediately stood up to hug her. "Oh, what about you Jessi?" he asked back, which she said she's been well too.

Jinyoung hugged him next. "Why didn't you tell us you're coming to LA?" she asked immediately. "I didn't you two are here, I thought you're still in Seoul." Jongkook answered.

"To be honest, we only landed yesterday." Jinyoung informed cheekily. "Ah that makes sense, too bad I'm flying back tomorrow."

"Yeah, Tiny oppa told us that's why we came here." Jessi said. "Take a seat, take a seat." Jongkook offered.

Jihyo felt like an outsider to the group for about 30 minutes straight, the clueless yet smiley boyfriend of her didn't even introduce her to the girls. It was different when they were with his male friends, as they became Jihyo's friend instantly. His male friends are considerate people like him so it only makes sense.

Jihyo heard a lot about their memories in LA, and for the first time, she felt sour just by listening in. They go way back, so it was quiet a lot of memories. At the mark of 45 minutes, Jihyo could not take it anymore and stood up, surprising everyone.

"Please excuse me, I need to smoke outside." she bowed quickly before leaving the table, the air felt awkward when she said that. To her surprise, Tiny followed her out.

"What's goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter