Mission One

Trust and Respect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 21, 2020. 08.29
Song Ji Hyo is seen enjoying ice cream near the Han River with another man for the THIRD time this month! Read the full article to see Ms. Song's list of boyfriends from 2018 until January 2020.

"Jihyo-ssi, how do you explain this?" Yoo Jae Suk, the CEO of Jihyo's agency asked, rubbing his forehead tiredly. Jihyo is the Ace of their agency, drama and movie makers LINED up to get her on their project. But damn, the woman is sure a headache maker.

"He's just a friend, Mr. Yoo. Nothing more, and what's wrong with enjoying ice cream out there?" Jihyo asked back, annoyed because she was called too early in the morning.

"I told you to lay low, Jihyo-ssi." Mr. Yoo sighed. "You were photographed with 2 different men in a span of 2 weeks."

"I told you, the other one is my date but the last one is my brother's friend who visited after a few years. He's more like my dongsaeng." Jihyo explained.

"Ah I really don't know how to deal with you, Jihyo-ssi." Mr. Yoo took his glasses off and sighed. "Anyway, I have a meeting with the JK Group this afternoon. You should stay here, just in case."

Jihyo glanced at her phone, what should she do for 3 hours?

"It's still like 3 hours away, can I go eat outside?" Mr. Yoo shook his head immediately. "Order something in. I'm not letting you out of this building."

"Alright." Jihyo agreed because she knew she's been causing too much trouble lately.

-8-

On the other side of Seoul, the CEO of JK Group threw the files on the ground angrily.

"Can anyone explain this bull?" he snarled at the terrified employees. "How can no one check the date before the contract expired?"

The marketing team lowered their heads. Jongkook groaned. "Get out." they snapped their heads at his words. "GET. OUT." and by 3 seconds, everyone ran out of his office.

"Donghoon-a, how the hell people can be that stupid?" Jongkook asked his right hand man.

"No idea, hyeong. I send the memo to them a month in advance." Donghoon replied.

"What's my next schedule?"
"A meeting with CEO Yoo."
"For what?"
"A sponsorship for a movie they're working."
"Okay. Let's just get it over with. I'm in a bad mood."
Donghoon chuckled. "I'm aware."

-8-

Jihyo was about to leave the agency building through the back door when a hand stopped her. "Noona, where are you going?" It was Lee Kwang Soo, an actor working at the same agency as Jihyo.

"I'm going to smoke. Why?"
Kwangsoo gasped. "No way, reporters are outside, noona."
Jihyo's eyes widened. "Really?"
"Yes! Didn't you see it before you came? They're basically camping outside!"

Jihyo shrugged. "I slept all the way here."
"Yaaah, daebak. You're something else, Noona." Kwangsoo chuckled.

"Let's just order some lunch, Noona." Kwangsoo suggested.
"Aren't you busy?"
He shook his head. "I have time for early lunch."

"Okay. You're paying."
"Noona!"

At exactly 2 PM, Mr. Yoo welcomed the CEO of JK Group, Kim Jong Kook and his advisor, Ha Dong Hoon to his office.

"You are a punctual person, Mr. Kim. Nice to meet you, my name is Yoo Jae Seok, CEO of Rising Star Agency." he greeted.

Jongkook took his offered hand. "Kim Jong Kook, CEO of JK Group. And yes, time is money for me."

"I agree, I agree. Should we start the meeting?"

The meeting lasted about an hour, Mr. Yoo landed a contract of a sponsorship from JK Group. He was about to end the meeting when the younger CEO remind him of the different agenda he informed this morning.

"Ah right, you're looking for a new spokes-person." Mr. Yoo said.

"Yes. Do you have a candidate? I thought about contacting another agency but it'll be a hassle to arrange another meeting." Jongkook explained.

"I understand." Mr. Yoo handed the two of them several bundle of files. Donghoon took them while Jongkook only glanced at it.

"We have several actors and actresses with the ability to be a spokes-person. You can check their profiles and I will arrange a meeting with them as soon as possible." Mr. Yoo explained the files.

"Is Song Ji Hyo-ssi available to do that?" Jongkook startled Mr. Yoo with his question.

"Come again?" he asked, dumbfounded.
"Song Ji Hyo. I think she can generate public's interest on my business."

"Jihyo had 2 movies and a drama with a lot commercial to do in just about 6 months..."

"She's a hard worker then, and a popular one since she had lots of job offer." Jongkook cut him off.

"But she's—"

"I saw the news, yes." Jongkook cut him again.
"CEO Kim, we should probably discuss this with our marketing team—" Donghoon tried, but Jongkook cut him off too.
"I want to meet her."

Mr. Yoo sighed at his stubborn client. "We have a new upcoming actress who generates people's interest too, her name is Jeon So Min, she's 34–"
"Is Ms. Song here, CEO Yoo?"

"Yes she is, do you want to meet her right now?" Mr. Yoo asked, realizing that the young CEO already made up his mind and he only asked a suggestion on a candidate earlier to start the topic.

"Yes." he replied shortly.
Mr. Yoo pulled his phone out and dial Jihyo's manager, Ji Seok Jin.

"Seok Jin hyeong, can you bring Jihyo-ssi to the meeting room? We have a guest."
"Of course. We'll be there." Seokjin replied.
"Is she still in the building?"
"She... aish. Let me look for her, give me 5 minutes." just as suspected, Jihyo had a habit of leaving her clueless manager's sight.
"Okay. You have 5 minutes, hyeong." Mr. Yoo emphasized on 5 to one of his oldest friend.
"Okay okay."

Jihyo was lounging in one of the agency's waiting room with Kwangsoo and Somin, browsing through social media and joking around when her manager burst into the room.

"Yah Song Jihyo, when did you leave my office?" he asked.
"It's not much of an office, a cubicle is the right term. And like 45 minutes ago, oppa. Why?" she replied carelessly.
"We're meeting a new client, let's go up."

"OH! Is it the JK Group CEO, oppa?" Somin asked excitedly.
"Really??? THE JK Group?" Kwangsoo joined in.

"I don't even know, but we have to go now." Seokjin replied, he didn't ask CEO Yoo so he had no idea.

"What group?" Jihyo asked blankly.
"Eonnie! It's the biggest chain restaurant company! One of my college friends met the CEO and apparently, he's hot and single!" Somin explained, she can't believe her ears that Jihyo didn't have any idea about the famous JK Group.

"Yah Somin-a, a chaebol like him is so out of your league." Kwangsoo teased, Somin quickly slapped his arm. "Whatever, oppa. I'm just saying."

"If the company is so famous, how can I never heard the name?" Jihyo stared at the wall, trying to rack her brain to find anything.
"Eonnie, daebak. The rumour is true, you only either live in the headlines or under the rock."
Kwangsoo and Somin laughed at the now irritated senior.

"Shut up both of you." Jihyo warned.
"Jihyo-ya, hurry up. CEO Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter