Enjoy The View

Trust and Respect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 25, 2020.

"I'm going where in 2 days?!" Jihyo screamed at her manager who quickly covered his ears because he knew Jihyo would explode.

"Bali, Indonesia. 3 days tr—"
"WHY SHOULD I GO WITH THAT PUNK?" Jihyo screamed again.

"Jihyo-ssi, calm down." Seokjin tried, he knew this is the typical Jihyo. The reaction is as powerful as he thought.

"You have to come with me, oppa." Jihyo begged him. "It's bad for my health if I have to spend 3 days with him, without anyone by my side!"
"I'm sorry Jihyo-ya, thanks to him I have lots of job to reschedule everything." Seokjin patted her head. "You can do it, Jihyo-ya. I believe in you."

Seokjin had been Jihyo's manager since her debut, he knew her too well. He knew she took on her job seriously, and everything to do with Kim Jongkook is a part of her job. She always wanted to do her best for her job, and she never back down on anything. Seokjin knew that the moment she opened that day on the meeting room that she would regret it later. He didn't do anything about it because he was stunned too like everyone else in the room. He had a headache just thinking about how to handle moody Jihyo for a year.

Jihyo is always moody when she's tired, and Seokjin had a feeling that Jihyo would be drained off of her energy everytime she had to do something with CEO Kim.

"I really don't want to go, oppa.." Jihyo whined, making her manager sighed deeply. "I will keep you busy with the piling contracts, you can focus on your work rather than on that CEO." Seokjin suggested.

"Send everything to me, just like my first year." Seokjin eyed Jihyo sadly, this is the Jihyo he knew. She's not the 'playgirl' the media portrayed, she's not the obnoxious actress people thought. Jihyo is a hardworking, independent, brave and kind woman in Seokjin's eyes and everyone who knew her personally. He knew that she'd do anything to get the job done perfectly.

"Come on Jihyo-ya, I'll drop you off the airport." Jihyo followed him with heavy steps.

-8-

Jihyo walked through the busy Incheon int'l airport, rolling her suitcase alone. Seokjin dropped her off and quickly drove away, probably to avoid Jihyo's nagging.

Jihyo was told that CEO Kim and Mr. Ha are waiting for her at a coffee shop, Jihyo saw the nearest coffee shop and quickly went in.

Thankfully, the two men are seated inside and no one had recognized Jihyo in the airport. Jihyo quickly ordered herself an iced americano, the flight is about 8 hours to Jakarta and they had to take another 2 hours flight to Bali, Jihyo planned to get some work done during the flight.

When her coffee is ready, Jihyo sighed before walking towards where the two men seated, they seemed to be in a heated conversation when Jihyo arrived.

"Ah you ordered something already." Jongkook stated, eyeing the coffee on her right hand.

"Yes, I am capable of buying my own coffee, thank you." Jihyo answered moodily before taking a seat beside the CEO.

Jihyo listened in on their conversation, they were talking about the investors they're going to meet. Jihyo is disinterested and pulled her phone out, in time where her phone vibrated, a video call request from Somin.

Jihyo quickly answered and rummage through her handbag, trying to find the bluetooth headset. She didn't want to disturb the men and surely didn't want them to overheard her conversation with the junior actress.

"Eonnie, are you really flying to Bali?"
"Somin-a, wait, let me get my headset first." Jihyo replied, still trying to find the small object.
"Why? Is the scary CEO already there with you?" this girl will get a proper beating when I'm back, Jihyo thought inside her head.

Donghoon chuckled while Jongkook scoffed. To Jihyo's surprise, Jongkook grabbed her phone and turned the screen to face him.

"Yes the scary CEO is here. You must be one of Jihyo's closest friend, nice to meet you." He said with no emotion at all. Somin gasped, flustered. "I apologize, CEO Kim."

Jihyo sighed before pulling her screen away from him, one hand already putting the in-ear headset. "Stop terrorizing my little sister."
"You don't have a little sister, you only have one younger brother." Jongkook stated, Jihyo rolled her eyes.
"Congratulations. You're stating the obvious, now let me talk to my FRIEND here." Jihyo spat before walking away from the table, only taking her coffee and with her on the other hand, taking a seat 2 tables away from the annoying man.

"Eonnie, you didn't lie when you say he's scary. How are you going to endure a year with him?" Somin complained as soon as she saw Jihyo walked away from her previous table.

"Tell me about it. I'm going crazy over here." Jihyo mumbled. "Anyway, don't you have work to do today?"

The younger girl nodded. "I have a brand photoshoot today, but still hours to go. I'm having a breakfast and thought about you so I decided to call you, eonnie. I know you'd have a hard time about the trip." She rambled, Jihyo didn't mind as the junior actress is actually fun to talk with.

"Good for you. I wish I was up this early for a job, but no. I had to entertain the most arrogant person in the world."

Somin chuckled. "At least he's hot, eonnie. You should enjoy the view while you can."

Jihyo talked for about 10 minutes with Somin when Donghoon interrupted, telling Jihyo that it's time to board the plane. Jihyo sighed in relief when the flight attendant escorted the three of them to the first class seat.

"Why? You thought I'd book you an economy ticket?" Jongkook asked, or more like scolded.
"I don't have any expectation to be honest, so yes."

"It'll look bad for me if you sat on economy class. I'm your future boyfriend, right?"
Jihyo rolled her eyes for the second time. "I want to switch seats with Mr. Ha."

Jihyo was about to walk when Jongkook caught her arms. "Your trial starts now Song Ji Hyo-ssi. You have to be seen with me, not my advisor."

Jihyo flinched and Jongkook surprisingly soften his grip, and mumbling an apologize to her, making she laughed.

"I didn't know you're capable to say sorry, CEO Kim." that got him to glare at the actress.
"I gripped your arm too hard, I'm being a considerate person here."
Jihyo shrugged. "Let's just get this over it, shall we?"

Jihyo pulled her laptop out mid-flight, checking some contracts Seokjin sent her and making notes on which one she'd like to take. Without her notice, Jongkook saw all of it.

"You chose your own job?"
Jihyo nodded. "CEO Yoo might already tell you about it but yes, I picked my own job. My manager only had to schedule everything."

"I didn't know an actress would do the menial tasks." Jihyo scoffed at his comment.
"I did this since my debut, it's my face and body so I should have a say about it."

Jongkook tilted his head. "I thought the agency handle those things for you."
"I'm different, right? I don't like people telling me what to do. I chose the projects I'm going to work on."

Jongkook nodded. "Good for you."
Jihyo looked at him confusedly. "You're capable to compliment other people too."
To Jihyo's horror, he chuckled. "Don't get used to it."

This might be easier to get over it if he acts like this more, Jihyo thought inside her head.

-8-

When they landed in Jakarta, Jongkook quickly picked another coffee shop for them to wait for the next flight. Jihyo excused herself to get some air (and smoke), she had about 30 minutes for herself.

Jihyo found the smoking area at the rooftop of the airport and went to sit on a bench at the corner. She connected her phone to the available wifi and scroll through instagram, it's harder to post things now as she's under a spotlight after being caught 3 times by the reporter.

She took a selca and send it to a group chat with Kwangsoo and Somin, texting them how bored she is in a foreign country with no one to talk to.

Kwangsoo send encouragement words while Somin reminding her to 'enjoy the view', Jihyo wished they were both with her at this moment. No matter how annoying those two can be.

When Jihyo finished her cig, she walked back inside and took her time to wash her hands and spray her perfume. To her horror (again), Kim Jongkook sniffed the air when she arrived back at the coffee shop.

"You should stop smoking, it's bad for your health." He commented, Donghoon tried to sniff the air to try and find the residue of smoke.

"Yah, you and that nose of yours is scary." Donghoon laughed. "I wouldn't even notice if you didn't talk about it."

"How do you even know? Is he even human?" Jihyo asked, directing the last question to Donghoon.

"You reeked the smell of cigarette." Jongkook stated simply, sipping on his coffee. "Did the reporter ever caught you smoking?"

Jihyo shrugged. "I don't know, maybe. I didn't look at the news with my name on it."

"Why?" Donghoon asked out of curiousity.
"Too many hate comments that I don't even care." Jihyo answered, face as straight as she can form.

The comments bother her but she didn't want to let them know, it'll make her look like a little girl whining about being bullied. And she hated looking like she's weak.

"You can just simply stop doing questionable things, people won't talk if you're not always on the news." Jongkook said, he didn't even know that his words hit Jihyo differently.

"Hyeong!" Donghoon warned. "What? I'm sure she knows it too, right Song Ji Hyo-ssi? I don't even know how your agency still kept you, with all the trouble you must've brought.."

Jihyo used all her might to stay emotionless, she wanted to kick this man where the sun doesn't shine but she held herself back.

"That makes the two of us, CEO Kim. I don't know why, but I made the most money for them so they can't do anything about it." Jihyo made a show of putting her in-ear headset to stop the conversation.

She shouldn't be sad about it right? He knew nothing, his words shouldn't mean a thing for her. Jihyo used her acting talent to stop herself from crying and sip her coffee silently. Calm down, Jihyo, this is work. You have to keep your cool, you can do it. Jihyo sure she talked to herself inside her head more when she's with Kim Jongkook, she'd probably go crazy sometime soon.

-8-

Jihyo didn't talk to either men on their flight to Bali, even when Jongkook suggested them to get some dinner before going to the hotel, Jihyo only nodded. She realized they probably think that she's giving them the silent treatment after the topic about the hate comments. Good, let them be uncomfortable.

Jihyo played with her phone the whole time too at the buffet restaurant Jongkook chose, texting back and forth with Somin, Kwangsoo, Seokjin and even Sechan. After dinner, she excuse herself again to smoke. This time she said it bluntly that she wanted to smoke, stunning the men. It's been ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter