Trust

Trust and Respect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 2020

Jihyo groaned as she threw her phone on the floor of her bedroom, not even care if it breaks. She just hang up from her boyfriend's call. Jihyo is in the middle of shooting new drama and Jongkook is making a fuss like a little kid.

Jihyo left the bedroom to sit and smoke out in the balcony, headache already forming. She doesn't smoke as much as she was before but some packs are still safely stored at her house just in case.

When she decided to date him, Jihyo never thought that he'd be the jealous type. She wouldn't mind a little jealousy, but to be jealous on her co-star? That's ridiculous for Jihyo.

Ever since she debut, she never date any actor or co-star. She went on dates with some of them, true but never in a real relationship. Her last boyfriend is not even from the entertainment industy.

She had nothing on actors, some of them are great, Kwangsoo, Dongwook and Seojoon to name a few. But some of them are really different from the image they had in public.

Jihyo hated guys with arrogancy to the level of it becomes too embarrassing, she didn't even wanna be friends with people like that, let alone date. Jihyo decided years ago to not even try anything with her fellow actors. They all tire her to the point she'd rather sleep on her day off.

The idea of dating a co-worker made Jihyo shudder, she wouldn't like her boyfriend to be pretentious (because her past dates were like that). Jihyo never deny any rumours about her going on dates with different men because it's true, unlike that one case when she treated her little brother's friend to a meal because she wasn't openly flirting with him.

Some of the actors she had dates with, did more questionable things that Jihyo didn't even want to know. So when Jongkook expressed his worry about her liking her current co-star, Jihyo couldn't help but explode.

She told him numerous times that she's not interested, but the super annoying man insisted that Jihyo didn't look interested when they first meet too. Jihyo is frustrated by his thoughts.

-8-

"Why? Now you don't want to help me?" Jongkook scolded Donghoon who sighed tiredly. "It's not because I didn't want to help you, hyeong. I'm just saying that you shouldn't dig deeper, you should just talk to her and trust what she said, that's all."

"I just want to know, I can just check the fact with her after I got the proof." Jongkook argued.

Donghoon rubbed his eyes, sighing for what like the 10th times after this topic is brought. "This is not like a pitching deal you need to win, hyeong. This is your relationship and it involved someone's heart, think about it this way: wouldn't you be hurt if Jihyo dig through your past?"

"I wouldn't mind, I wouldn't even get angry at her." he replied stubbornly.

"I'm not asking that, I'm asking about your feelings." Donghoon racked his brain for a better explanation. "Let's just say you had a past you're not comfortable talking about,"

"Oh, continue." Jongkook listened.

"And Jihyo is curious about it and hire someone to look for it, without even try asking you first. How do you feel about that?"

"I'd.. ask why didn't she ask me." he admitted.
"Right. Did you feel like your heart is being squeezed by something when you think she didn't trust you?"

"A little bit." his voice is much lower than before by now. "That's it. It hurts you even just imagining it, why wouldn't it hurts Jihyo if you choose to hire someone to find who her ex-boyfriends are?" Jongkook is rendered speechless from realizing his almost mistake.

"Communication, trust and acceptance are the key, hyeong. Talk to her, ask her. You can either find the truth, notice a lie, or not getting any answer at all. No matter which, you should trust her and accept her words. That's how a relationship work." Donghoon finished his pep talk.

"You're right."
"I'm always right."
"Don't push it."
"Okay, hyeong."

-8-

Jongkook drove his car to Jihyo's place right after he's done with his work. Jihyo is not answering her phone for a while and even now, the phone is turned off. Since this was about their relationship, he couldn't even bring himself to try and ask her manager. Also, today is Jihyo's day off so her manager is probably resting.

Jongkook drove with a heavy heart. What Donghoon said at the office made sense, and he's dissapointed in himself to even think about hiring someone to dig into Jihyo's past. He's about ready to kneel down to apologize.

When he arrived at her front door, he thought about ringing the bell but went against in and quickly punched the code in. When he opened the door, a slightly strong breeze hit him. He wanted to punch the wall when he realized that Jihyo left the balcony's door opened, while she fell asleep at the sofa, hugging her blanket tightly.

Jongkook immediately closed the balcony's door and try to wake Jihyo up. "Jihyo-ya, wake up."

Jihyo's eyes fluttered open, surprised to see Jongkook there. "Oppa, what are you doing here?"
"I'm here to see you of course, why are you sleeping here with the balcony's door opened?" he asked back.

"Ah really? Maybe I forgot to close it." she wasn't sure she closed it and might really forget.

"The wind today is strong Jihyo-ya, let me move you to the bed." Jongkook easily lifted and carried her to her bedroom, gently lowering the still confused woman.

Jihyo suddenly remember fighting with her boyfriend on the phone before sitting outside to smoke, and moved to the sofa because she was sleepy. His presence in her place might be because he wanted to talk about it, and Jihyo didn't have energy to fight again.

"Oppa, if you want to ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter