Tears and Apologies

Trust and Respect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 3 hours since Jihyo woke up when Kim Jongkook finally showed up. "Jihyo-ya, you're awake?"

"Hm." Jihyo answered tightly.
"Are you hungry? I bought food." He still didn't notice that Jihyo is upset at him.

"What kind of food?" As much as Jihyo wanted to pick a fight with him, she need the food. "All sorts of grilled meat, some side dish and dumplings."

"Smells good. I'll set the plate." Jihyo still being short with the answer, and he still didn't notice. "Okay, I'll go and change first." Jongkook said, kissing Jihyo's forehead on the way, rolling their suitcases with him like nothing is wrong.

When Jihyo finished putting everything on the kitchen counter, Jongkook went out from the room, already freshly changed and he looked like he washed his face before coming out.

"Oppa, what's the wifi password?" Jihyo asked when Jongkook sat on the barstool. "Oh, right. Here, it's written on the email from the host." he scrolled through his phone before sliding it towards Jihyo. Jihyo successfully connecting her phone to the wifi and started eating right away.

"What time did you wake up?" Jongkook tried to start a conversation. "About 3 hours ago."

"Oh? What did you do here alone?" Jihyo shrugged at his question. "Staring at the view."

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He replied happily. Jihyo only shrugged.

"Is the food that good? You're kind of ignoring me right now." He finally picked up that something is up with his girlfriend. And that's when Jihyo put her chopsticks down.

"I'm going to take a shower and go to bed. Thanks for the food, oppa." truth to be told, she was still a little hungry, but she had no patience to deal with her clueless boyfriend.

"Jihyo, what's the matter? Are you mad at me?" Jihyo ignored his questions and went straight to her suitcase, of course Jongkook followed her to the room. "Jihyo-ya, answer me." he demanded.

Jihyo took several deep breaths, "remember when I said screaming at each other won't fix the problem?" she asked, way too calm, unlike the rage she's feeling inside her head.

"Sure, I remember it from our first fight. But what's wrong with you now?" Jihyo chuckled darkly at his question. "Let's just say I only want to scream and curse you right now oppa, and to avoid it, I'm taking a shower." she left Jongkook at that. Locking the bathroom door immediately. Jihyo even put loud music to drown Jongkook's voice, asking her to explain at the door. After a few minutes, he gave up and Jihyo finally had peace. A single tear rolled down her cheek.

-8-

"Jihyo-ya, are you still mad? Can we talk now?" Jongkook asked his girlfriend who finished showering and now brushing her hair silently.

"Hm." was the only Jihyo's answer and he took the sign to leave her alone, probably to watch sport on TV at the living room or something.

Jihyo threw her body to the bed and pulled her phone, she decided to call Somin but she locked the door first. If Jongkook heard the lock, he probably thought it was best to not question it because he didn't say anything.

"Eonnie? Is it not too late at LA?" Somin asked as soon as she answered the video call.
"Hm, it's almost midnight here now." Jihyo answered. "What are you doing now, Somin-a?"

"I'm going to have dinner with my high school friends but I still have time, I'm watching TV right now. What about you, eonnie?" Somin turned the screen for Jihyo to see that she's sitting on her living room's sofa.

"Can I ask you something?" Jihyo asked immediately, Somin probably knew that her older sister is having a trouble with that serious tone and she either turned the off or put it on mute instantly.

"Sure eonnie, go ahead. What's wrong?"
"What if you were left in a strange place, with no way to contact anyone for hours?"
"Huh? What kind of place?" Somin is confused with Jihyo's question.

Jihyo sighed before trying again. "Let's say that you went to a city you've never been, and you woke up in an unfamiliar room alone. Without knowing how you ended up there, without phone service or wifi to call your friends or family, for about 4 hours or so?"

"Did Jongkook oppa do that to you, eonnie?" Somin asked. "Just answer the question, will you be as mas as I am right now?"

"I'd ask him why he did he do that and let him know I was scared." Somin answered expertly. "I wasn't scared." Jihyo tried to defend her pride.

"Eonnie, you must've been scared. It's okay, I would be scared too." Somin tried to make Jihyo know that it's fine to be scared sometimes. "You don't have to feel ashamed for being scared, eonnie. You've never been to LA and you never step a foot at the place so it's only right you woke up feeling a little scared. It's like being kidnapped in a way."

"Right? I really have no idea what to do. And he just came back thinking that nothing is wrong!" Jihyo felt like crying again, like the first hour she realized she was being left alone by her boyfriend.

"Go talk to him, eonnie. I'm sure he had a reason, or maybe he's not. But st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter