I'm here

Don't read this

What do you feel when you're waiting for someone or some friends? It's tiring, especially when they're often leaving you out.

 

Hitomi scratches her drawing book with her pencil. She's learning how to draw—a new hobby to distract herself from reality.

 

She stops, then wondering what should she draw next? An object? Animal? Or a per—

 

"Hei!"

 

Hitomi gasps when someone surprises her from behind. A familiar voice actually. A voice she wants to hear but also doesn't want to hear.

 

Hitomi nags, "I think my heart dropped somewhere."

 

Chaewon smiles and hits Hitomi's back lightly. "I'm sorry, Hiichan. I saw you're just too serious with your drawing book. I couldn't help it."

 

"Okay," Hitomi says. "It's not that I can be angry with you."

 

"So, what are you drawing? Can I see?"

 

Hitomi hesitates for a couple of seconds. She is too shy to give her newbie drawing, but it's Chaewon. Chaewon won't make fun of her. Hitomi is certain.

 

Slow but sure, Hitomi gives her drawing book to Chaewon. Chaewon is just waiting there until Hitomi really gives her the drawing book.

 

Chaewon opens the first page of it. She can see Hitomi's name with doodles around it. It's cute. Then she opens the first page.

 

There's a girl in beach sunset alone playing a swing. The girl is cute nonetheless, with a pink cheek and peaches dress.

 

"Is she you?" Chaewon asks out of curiosity. "We—me, you, and the others—were on the beach last week."

 

Hitomi can't deny it. "Yes."

 

"Where am I?" Chaewon chuckles, "Why aren't you drawing me too?"

 

"It's hard you know. I spent a week drawing this."

 

Chaewon smirks, then pats Hitomi's head, "You did a great job!"

 

Hitomi smiles. A bitter smile, but no one will see it. It's always like that, a curse of someone who masters her facial expression.

 

She feels left out. An outsider. She stays where she doesn't belong.

 

Her mind told her that kind of thought every time she felt left out.

 

She knows if she asks them, they'll say no and say she belongs here. But is it true? Or are they gonna make her feel left out after some time again later?

 

No one knows. Not even Hitomi and she's afraid to ask. She's afraid when she asks it, they'll say yes. That she doest belong here.

 

What should she do? They're what Hitomi has right now.

 

Deep inside, Hitomi always shouts—a silent shout—and repeats only one sentence.

 

I'm here.