Until The Day She Dies

Don't read this

What does it feel like when you have someone to hold you after a long day? Hitomi can’t remember it. It’s been a long time since she had that someone, Kim Chaewon. Her ex—who she loved so much, left her last year.

 

Hitomi walks, counting every step she makes. It’s 7 pm and the sun has gone down. The only light she has now is a dim light from a street lamp. The cool and dusty wind is blowing through her body.

 

“Hitomi,” Chaewon says. “How’s your day?”

 

She misses it, not Chaewon that she misses, rather the way someone cares about her. Her mind can only manifest that figure as Chaewon. Her face and voice.

 

“Have you eaten?”

 

She’s done it again. Hitomi lets her mind play her with Chaewon. Everything she hears or thinks about now will only make her more sad and lonely. But she can’t do anything, except to let it out and just endure it until they’re gone. Hitomi couldn't even count the number of times she had done this.

 

“...” she curses, out of reflex. Then she began to wonder.

 

Would she feel lonely again if she met someone? Is she—Hitomi, craving a deep relationship? Or is she—Hitomi, destined to be lonely until the day she dies?