Unsent letter: Sunshine

Don't read this

Dear Eunbi,

 

How are you? I hope you’re fine. I don’t know how much I ask this question to you haha. Asking you the same question over and over again makes me wonder, do we really have any similarities?

 

How about your dog? I guess he’s still cute as ever. Pet him for me, will you?

 

I've hesitated for weeks, even months to just say a simple hi to you. I’ve watched your drama recommendation too, so we could talk about it. Unfortunately, I just can’t. Oh don’t worry, it’s not like I deleted your phone numbers, I still have it. I don’t have confidence, just that simple reason makes me can’t even say your name.

 

Lately, I can’t find a single reason for thinking about you. Yeah, strange, as if I’ve moved on. Perhaps that’s the reason? I didn’t know, until today.

 

I had a dream. About you. I was so happy until I knew it’s a dream. You might don’t know, but something expensive like happiness, I can’t afford it. I’m still thinking about you and me in that dream. How beautiful you’re and how big my smile was. When I woke up, the reality hit me.

 

I still remember the day when you’re leaving. That harsh night where my heart hurt so much. As if the time was slowing down and a knife stabbed my heart slowly. Again and again. I cried you know?

 

Even though I still couldn’t hate you. I was waiting for you back then. Hoping you would come back and I won’t let you go. Now I hate you. I can’t listen to my favorite singer again because of you. Her voice makes me remember how happy I was when I was with you. Ah, no ... How it hurts when I was with you.

 

Now, I’m ready to let you go. To let you leave my life. So it hurts less.

 

I also will let you come. Because since you left, it’s been raining in my eyes. That night, probably was the beginning of this endless rainy season. The rain won’t stop, except you—the sunshine, come.

 

Finally, I want to say this. Words that I couldn't say at that time. I’m confessing my love to you. Even though it's too late, I want to say it. So maybe the rain will stop without you needing to come.

 

I love you.

 

Sincerely,

Kang Hyewon.