Ch. 5

See You Again

The next morning, Eunha wakes up at six to get ready for the photoshoot. As she exits her room, Jaehyun also exits his room.

“Why are you awake,” Eunha asks.

“I’m going with you,” he replies.

“You don’t have to.”

“I want to. Let’s go.” He leads the way. Eunha follows him.

 

Everyone is in the woods. Eunha is taking pictures of the models. 

Jaehyun is observing Eunha, but his eyes divert to Mr. Lee. 

Mr. Lee is observing Eunha and the models seriously. 

Jaehyun recognizes Bo Ah. She is talking to Mr. Lee.

“Let’s take a break,” Eunha says.

The models all go to the chairs to sit down. 

Jaehyun grabs a water bottle and walks over to Eunha. He opens the bottle, and Eunha takes it.

“I’m so tired,” Eunha says. 

“Let’s hurry up and go home so you can sleep,” Jaehyun says.

She opens to speak, but she gets interrupted.

“Ms. Kang,” Mr. Lee calls.

Eunha looks over to Mr. Lee.

“Let’s talk,” he says.

Eunha looks at Jaehyun before following Mr. Lee. They go away from the group.

“Ms. Kang,” Mr. Lee says. “I’m really grateful. Thank you for doing this.”

“No problem,” Eunha says. 

“If you don’t mind me asking, I would like to rehire you.”

“Rehire me?”

“You’re a really good photographer. All the models love you. I would love to have someone like you work for me.”

Eunha thinks.

“We got off on the wrong foot. I apologize for my attitude or if I offended you in any way. I’m sorry.”

“Thank you for the apology. I apologize too for my words and actions.”

“Thank you, so are you going to take my offer?”

Eunha takes a deep breath. “I’m sorry,” she says. 

Mr. Lee nods his head. “Alright. If you change your mind, you have my number.”

Mr. Lee walks away.

Eunha follows him.

“Let’s continue,” Mr. Lee commands. 

Jaehyun walks over to Eunha. “What did he want,” Jaehyun asks.

“I’ll tell you after the shoot,” Eunha says. She looks over to Mr. Lee. Now that she looks at him, he doesn’t look so bad.

Eunha continues to take pictures. 

After the shoot, Eunha thanks the models for their hard work, and the models do the same.

Eunha and Jaehyun are cleaning up. 

Mr. Lee is talking to Bo Ah. 

“Shall we go,” Bo Ah asks.

Mr. Lee looks at Eunha and Jaehyun.

“Who is going to clean this up,” Mr. Lee asks. 

“I’ve hired people to clean this up, sir,” Bo Ah says. “Don’t worry.”

Mr. Lee walks over to the table and picks up a water bottle, but he drops the bottle and winces.

“Are you okay, sir,” Bo Ah asks.

“Yes,” Mr. Lee replies. 

Eunha feels her heart piercing in pain.

“I cut my finger by accident last night and accidentally hit it just now,” Mr. Lee continues.

Eunha clutches her chest. 

“Eunha,” Jaehyun panics. He catches Eunha and looks at her concerned. “What’s wrong,” he asks. 

“My chest hurts,” Eunha replies. 

“Did something happen,” Jaehyun asks. “Should we go to the hospital?”

Mr. Lee hears them. 

Eunha shakes her head. She lets go of her chest and takes a deep breath. “I’m okay,” she tells Jaehyun. 

“Are you sure,” Jaehyun asks.

Eunha nods her head. She moves away from him.

Seeing Eunha being held by Jaehyun makes Mr. Lee have a weird feeling. It’s like he’s seen something like this before. 

“Mr. Lee,” Bo Ah asks. “Should we go?”

Mr. Lee walks over to Eunha.

“When did you start feeling chest pain,” Jaehyun asks. “You’ve never had them before.”

“Last night,” Eunha replies. “I might just be tired.”

“Let’s go to the hospital.”

Eunha shakes her head.

“Ms. Kang,” Mr. Lee says. “What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” Eunha replies.

“Should we go to the hospital? I don’t want any of my workers falling ill on the job.”

“I’m fine,” Eunha assures him. “Thank you.”

“Are you sure?”

Eunha nods her head. 

“Alright,” Mr. Lee says. “I’ll text you an address later. Go there to get your paycheck.”

“Why don’t you just transfer the money to her bank account,” Jaehyun asks.

“I don’t have her account number,” Mr. Lee says. “And I don’t think I will. Have a good day.”

Mr. Lee walks away, and Bo Ah follows him. 

“Let’s go,” Jaehyun tells Eunha. 

“Wait,” Eunha says. “I want to stay a little longer.” Eunha takes a deep breath. “The air here is nice. I want to enjoy it some more.”

“Sure,” Jaehyun says. “I’ll bring our things to the car and be right back.”

Eunha nods her head.

“Wait for me,” Jaehyun continues.

Eunha nods her head.

Jaehyun walks away.

Mr. Lee climbs into the back seat of his car, and Bo Ah climbs into the driver’s side. Mr. Lee feels for his pen, but he doesn't find it.

“Wait,” Mr. Lee says. “I think I left my pen.”

Mr. Lee climbs out of the car and walks back to the sight. He sees Eunha still lurking there.

“Why are you still here,” Mr. Lee asks.

Eunha turns around.

“Mr. Lee,” she says. “I was going to go sightseeing with Jaehyun. Why did you come back?”

“I forgot my pen,” Mr. Lee says. He starts looking around. “Have you seen it?”

“No,” Eunha replies.

She starts helping him look for it.

“Where did you last put it,” she asks.

“In my shirt pocket,” he answers.

“I don’t see it around here. Maybe you dropped it when we were talking over there.”

Mr. Lee starts walking over to the place where he talked to Eunha privately. He bends to the ground and starts looking around.

“Did you find it,” she asks. She is right behind him.

“No,” he replies. 

Eunha bends down and starts looking for the pen. 

“What does your pen look like,” Eunha asks. 

“It’s a ballpoint black pen.”

Eunha starts walking over to the edge.

“Here it is,” Eunha says. She picks up the pen.

Mr. Lee looks up.

The two stand up.

“Thank you,” Mr. Lee says. 

“You’re welcome,” Eunha replies. 

He starts walking toward her, to accept the pen, but he trips on a tree branch. Mr. Lee catches himself by hugging Eunha. She gasps. The two fall off the edge and roll down the hill. When the two of them hit the bottom of the hill, Eunha is lying on top of him. Eunha groans in pain, before she slowly picks herself up. She looks down at him, and his expression is telling her that he is also in pain.

“Mr. Lee,” she asks. “Are you okay?”

Mr. Lee slowly sits up. He cups his head.

“Did you hurt your head,” Eunha asks.

Eunha cups his cheek and starts observing him.

He feels his heart race.

“I’m fine,” he says. He removes her hand from him. “Are you okay?”

She realizes her action and retrieves her hands. She nods her head.

“Sorry,” he says. “I tripped on a tree branch.”

“It’s okay.”

She hands him his pen. 

“There you go,” she says.

Mr. Lee accepts the pen.

“Thank you,” he says. He puts the pen into his shirt pocket. 

Mr. Lee stands up, and so does Eunha. He groans in pain.

She feels her heart pierce with pain, but she brushes the pain off. Eunha sees Mr. Lee cupping his ankle.

“Did you hurt your ankle,” she asks.

“I’m fine.” He looks up the hill. “It’s pretty steep. Do you think you can climb it?”

“Yes.”

Mr. Lee starts climbing the hill, but he stops. He sits down and cups his ankle.

Eunha bends down.

“You’re not fine,” Eunha says.

“Ms. Kang,” Mr. Lee says. “Climb the hill. Go tell Bo Ah where I am. She’s still in my car.”

“I can’t leave you here. I won’t.” She feels herself starting to tremble.

“If one of us doesn't get out of here,” Mr. Lee says. “We will be stuck here for a long time.”

Eunha shakes her head. “You’re hurt. I can’t leave you.”

Mr. Lee can see the panic in her eyes.

“I’ll be fine,” he says. “Go.” He tries to be calm. 

“Jaehyun,” Eunha says. “I’ll call Jaehyun!”

She takes out her phone. Her hands are trembling.

Mr. Lee puts his hand on hers. “Calm down,” Mr. Lee says. “We’ll be fine.”

Eunha takes a deep breath. She dials Jaehyun’s number and puts the phone up to her ear.

“Eunha,” Jaehyun says. “Where are you? I can’t find you anywhere.”

“Jaehyun,” Eunha says with her trembling voice. “Mr. Lee and I are at the bottom of the hill. Please come help us. Mr. Lee is hurt.”

“Where?”

Jaehyun immediately starts looking for them.

“At the bottom of the hill,” Eunha replies. “Remember where Mr. Lee and I were talking earlier?”

“Yes.”

“We’re at the bottom of that hill.”

Jaehyun runs over to the hill and looks down.

“Eunha,” Jaehyun calls.

Eunha and Mr. Lee look up.

“Jaehyun,” Eunha calls.

Mr. Lee looks at Eunha. She looks so happy to see him.

“Wait,” Jaehyun shouts. “I’ll find something to pull you two up!”

“Okay,” Eunha shouts. “Do you think you can climb up,” Eunha asks Mr. Lee.

“I’ll be fine,” Mr. Lee says.

“Are you sure?”

Mr. Lee nods his head.

Jaehyun throws them a rope.

“You go first,” Mr. Lee says.

Eunha starts climbing out. Then, Mr. Lee climbs after her. Mr. Lee sits on the ground and cups his ankle. Eunha bends down.

“Are you okay,” Eunha asks. She looks at him worriedly. 

Mr. Lee tries to hold in the pain. “I’m okay. Please bring me to my car.”

Eunha looks up to Jaehyun.

“Jaehyun,” Eunha pleads. “Will you please help me take Mr. Lee to his car.”

Jaehyun feels heart broken. “Okay,” he says. He helps Mr. Lee to his car.

“What happened,” Bo Ah asks. She climbs out of the car.

“Please take Mr. Lee to the hospital,” Eunha says. “He hurt his ankle.”

Jaehyun helps Mr. Lee into the car.

“Of course,” Bo Ah says. “Thank you.”

Bo Ah drives the car away.

Eunha stares at the car until it disappears.

“Eunha,” Jaehyun calls. He turns her around. “Are you okay? Did you get hurt?”

Eunha shakes her head. “I’m fine. I want to go home.”

“Of course.” He can see the worry in her eyes which makes him upset, but he doesn’t say anything.