Epilogue

See You Again

Eunha makes a call to her mother one day.

“Honey,” her mother exclaims. “It’s been so long! How are you?”

“I’m fine, mom,” Eunha replies. “How are you?”

“Great,” her mother replies. “I am taking painting lessons, and I love every minute of it!”

Eunha smiles. “Good for you, mom. Mom, I have a question that I want to ask you.”

“Go ahead, honey.”

“Does our family suffer from chest pains at all? Maybe dad’s side does.”

“No. Your dad’s side and my side of the family has never suffered from chest pains. Why,” her mother asks concerned. “Are you having chest pains?”

“Yes,” Eunha replies. “I’ve been to the doctor so many times, but they can’t find anything wrong with me.”

"That's weird. Our family has never had that problem. Maybe that shaman was right."

"Shaman? What shaman?"

"I was walking home from grocery shopping, and a woman pulled me to the side. She said she felt a strong presence around me and named you as the presence."

Eunha is confused. 

"She said you are going to face some problems. Are you facing problems?"

"Just my chest pains."

"My gosh she's accurate. Why don't you come down? The shaman says she can get a better reading if you're here."

"Is she going to make you pay?"

"Of course."

"Mom, she's a scam."

"But she predicted you accurately."

"I don't believe her."

Her mother sighs. "If you change your mind, come."

Eunha thinks. "Maybe I should," she tells herself. 

Eunha places her hand to her chest. 

 

"I'm so glad you came," her mother exclaims. "How's work?"

"Fine, mom," Eunha replies. 

"How's Jaehyun?”

"He's doing well."

"Tell him to call his parents. They miss him."

"I will, mom."

They walk into the shaman shop. To Eunha's surprise, the shop is well lit and quiet.

"Ms. Hong," her mother calls out. “I’ve brought my daughter here.”

An older woman walks in.

To Eunha’s surprise, the woman looks like an average woman.

“Welcome,” Ms. Hong says. She smiles at the family, but her smile quickly turns into a frown. “Would you like some tea?”

“Sure,” her mother says.

“Okay. I’ll be right back.”

The three of them sit at a table. Ms. Hong stares at Eunha with pitiful eyes. 

Eunha looks at Ms. Hong weird.

“I can feel a presence around you,” Ms. Hong tells Eunha. “The presence is sad. Have you been feeling sad lately?”

“I randomly get sad,” Eunha answers. “Without any reason.”

“Your mother told me that you get chest pain.”

Eunha nods her head.

“Have you gone to the hospital,” Ms. Hong asks.

“Yes,” Eunha replies. “They can’t find anything wrong with me.”

“That’s because your pain isn’t a medical problem, it’s an emotional problem.”

“What do you mean?”

“Your heart is longing for your lover.”

“My lover,” Eunha asks. "But I’m not dating anyone. I don’t even like anyone.”

“May I see your hands?”

Eunha gives Ms. Hong her hands. Ms. Hong takes it. She reads her palms and sniffles.

“Sad,” Ms. Hong frowns. “So sad.”

“What do you mean,” her mother asks.

“Your heart is longing for your past lover,” Ms. Hong says. 

“My past lover,” Eunha asks.

“From your past life.”

“What?”

“You two were in love,” Ms. Hong tells the story. “You two were going to get married, but the king came and took you away. Even worse, the king ordered his men to kill your lover, so you committed suicide.” Ms. Hong sniffles.

Eunha is looking at Ms. Hong weirdly. 

“And now, your heart is searching for him,” Ms. Hong says. “Your heart must’ve found him.”

“I don’t believe this,” Eunha says.

“Your heart aches every time you’re with him, right?”

“Him? I don’t even know who he is?”

“He’s with you,” Ms. Hong says. “You’ve found him.” Ms. Hong gasps. “But you’ve also found the murderer. The murderer is always with you.”

"What?”

“But don’t worry. The murderer does not pose a threat.”

“I don’t understand what you’re trying to say at all,” Eunha says. “Mom, I think we wasted our time coming here.”

“That’s such an interesting story,” her mother says. “Do we know who her lover is and who the murderer is?”

“May I know your name,” Ms. Hong asks Eunha.

“Kang Eunha,” Eunha answers.

“You have the same name.” Ms. Hong looks into Eunha’s eyes. “Lee Sangyeon. That’s who you’re searching for.”

“Mr. Lee,” Eunha asks. “No. He has a fiance.”

Ms. Hong frowns. “Is that why your heart is in pain?”

Eunha thinks. “Now that I think about it,” she says. “Everytime I’m with him, my chest pain worsens.”

“Is there a way to heal her pain,” her mother asks.

“Of course. The two have to finish their happy ever after,” Ms. Hong replies. “If you don’t, your chest pain will worsen. It’ll feel like death, but you won’t die.”

“Let’s go,” her mother says. “We will have you marry Mr. Lee.”

“Mom,” Eunha calls. “He has a fiance.”

“They’re obviously not meant to be together!”

“Mom, they’re getting married next month.”

“We’ll stop the marriage.”

“Mom, no. We can’t. I don’t even love him.”

“Are you sure,” Ms. Hong asks.

That statement makes Eunha confused.