Ch. 3

See You Again

At the studio, Jaehyun and Eunha are eyeing the models. This isn’t their first time seeing and working with models, but they cannot get over how tall the models are. 

“Hey,” a woman calls for them.

The two of them walk over to her.

“Nice to meet you,” the woman greets. “My name is Jo Bo Ah. I am Mr. Lee’s assistant.”

“Nice to meet you, Ms. Jo,” Eunha greets back. “I am Kang Eunha, and this is my partner in crime Lee Jaehyun.”

Bo Ah laughs. “You have a sense of humor,” Bo Ah says. “I like it. I’ll be looking forward to this photoshoot.”

“Thank you,” Eunha replies. 

“You know what to do?”

“Of course.”

Everyone gets to work.

Jaehyun puts on music, and Eunha starts taking pictures. The models pose, and Eunha hypes them up with compliments. 

After an hour passes, Eunha calls for a break. The models are by the makeup table touching up on their makeup and hair while Eunha and Jaehyun are looking through the pictures. 

“I like that one,” Jaehyun says. 

“Right,” Eunha agrees. “The lighting is great in this one.”

She clicks to the next picture.

“I like this one too,” Jaehyun says.

Eunha nods her head. 

“Want some water,” Jaehyun asks.

“Please,” Eunha replies.

He walks over to the table of snacks and grabs a water bottle. Before he heads back, he sees Bo Ah walking in with Mr. Lee. Jaehyun heads back to Eunha and gives her the already opened water bottle.

Eunha takes the bottle and takes a sip. She gives the bottle back to Jaehyun, and he takes a sip.

“Mr. Lee is here,” Jaehyun says. He closes the water bottle.

“What,” Eunha asks. She looks around. “Where?” She looks up at Jaehyun.

Jaehyun looks over to Mr. Lee, and Eunha follows his gaze. 

He is talking to Bo Ah seriously. 

“Wow,” Eunha says. “Even the CEO looks like a model.”

She turns her attention back to the photos. 

Jaehyun is still looking at Mr. Lee. When they start walking over, Jaehyun turns his attention back to the photos. 

“Jaehyun,” Eunha says. “You see this man’s hair?”

“Yes,” Jaehyun replies. “I’ll go fix it.”

She looks up at Jaehyun and smiles. “You’re the best!”

He smiles back and walks to the model. 

Bo Ah and Mr. Lee walk over to the models. The models see him and greet him immediately. That makes Jaehyun stop fixing the model’s hair.

“I see everyone is in a great mood,” Mr. Lee says. “To boost everyone’s mood even more, I have samples for everyone to take home. There are plenty, so don’t be fighting each other alright?”

Everyone laughs and thanks him. They continue to rest, and Jaehyun continues to fix the model’s hair. 

Bo Ah and Mr. Lee start walking away from the models.

“Will you be staying,” Bo Ah asks.

“Yes,” he replies. “I want to see this photoshoot.”

“You’ll enjoy it. The photographer is great!”

“Glad to hear.”

Eunha calls everyone to come back from break, and the photoshoot begins again. As the photoshoot goes on, Mr. Lee observes Eunha. She looks bright and friendly in his eyes. 

“The photographer is great,” Mr. Lee tells Bo Ah. 

“Right?”

“Ask her if she wants to work for us.”

“Yes, sir.”

At the end of the photoshoot, Eunha thanks everyone for their hard work, and everyone leaves. Of course, before the models leave, they take the perfume samples. 

Eunha and Jaehyun stay behind to clean up the studio and gather their things. 

“Jaehyun,” Eunha says. “Will you go get the car ready? I’ll be down after I put our camera away.”

“Okay,” Jaehyun says. He walks away.

“Ms. Kang,” Bo Ah calls.

Eunha turns around and sees Bo Ah walking over to her.

“I have a question for you,” Bo Ah says.

“Go ahead,” Eunha says.

“What would you say if I told you that Mr. Lee saw your performance today, and he wants you to work for us?”

“You’re lying.”

“I am not. Mr. Lee came in today and saw you. He wants you to work for us.”

“But I’m already working for someone else.”

“That’s okay. You can continue to work for them. We just need you for photoshoots which doesn’t happen a lot. We promise to pay you an amount that will make you happy.”

“Are you only asking me? What about Jaehyun?”

“Mr. Lee only asked for you. Please think about it and give us a call.” She hands Eunha a business card and walks away.

On the way home, Eunha tells Jaehyun what just happened. 

“Should I take it,” Eunha asks. “I’ll feel bad for you if I do.”

“Don’t do it,” Jaehyun says. “There’s something weird about Mr. Lee.”

“What’s so wrong about him?”

“I don’t know. It’s just his aurora. I don’t like it.”

“Well, we shouldn’t judge someone so quickly.”

“I know. Eunha, I don’t want you to pass this opportunity by, but that man.”

Eunha sighs. 

“Eunha,” Jaehyun says. “If you do decide to take this opportunity, please just be careful of Mr. Lee.”

That night, Eunha does some research on Mr. Lee.

"Full name," Eunha talks to herself. "Lee Sangyeon. Birthday. November 4th. 'He was a pleasure to work with!'."

The next morning, Eunha calls Bo Ah and tells her that she will be accepting the job. 

“Great decision,” Bo Ah says. “We promise you won’t be disappointed!”

Later that day, Eunha and Jaehyun are in an exhibit taking pictures for work. 

“If not for work,” Jaehyun says. “I can never afford to attend any of the exhibits we visit.”

“Me too,” Eunha replies. 

“Hey, I’m going to the restroom.”

“Sure. I’ll be here.”

Jaehyun walks away, and Eunha continues to take pictures. Eunha takes the strap off from around her neck to make it better for her to angle the camera. As she is taking pictures, someone bumps into her, and she drops the camera. The camera falls to the ground, and the lens shatters. Eunha gasps and looks down at the broken camera.

“What the heck,” Eunha asks shocked. She looks up and sees a tall man standing next to her.

“I’m sorry,” he apologizes. “I didn’t see you there.”

“How can you not see a human standing here,” Eunha asks. She is irritated. 

“I’ll pay for your camera.”

Eunha runs her fingers through her hair.

“Gosh,” Eunha growls. “Boss is going to kill me.” She bends down to pick up her camera. When she stands up, she sees the man walking away. “Hey,” she calls. “Woah!” She runs after the man and steps in front of him. “Are you running away after breaking my camera? You said you’d pay for a new one.”

The man looks unscathed. He takes out a pen and a checkbook.

“Tell me your amount,” he says.

Eunha scoffs. “Are you kidding me,” she asks.

“I said I’ll pay. I’m willing to pay. You don’t want me to pay,” he asks.

“Of course, I want you to pay!” Eunha is trying to hold back her anger. “This camera is expensive.”

“Then tell me your amount.”

Eunha can't come up with a number.

The man is annoyed. “If you don’t state your amount, I’m leaving. I’m a busy person.”

Eunha blurts out a number.

He writes the amount down and rips out the check. He hands the check to Eunha, and she takes it. He walks away.

Eunha scoffs. 

Jaehyun comes over. “What happened,” he asks. “I heard you yelling.”

“That man broke our camera.”

“What?”

Jaehyun looks up and sees the man still walking away.

“He gave us a check for the camera,” Eunha says.

“That’s Mr. Lee,” Jaehyun says.

Eunha turns her head and sees Mr. Lee turning the corner.

“He was completely rude,” Eunha scowls. 

“Let’s go,” Jaehyun says. “We have to tell Boss what happened.”

They start walking away. 

“And I agreed to work for him,” Eunha complains.

Mr. Lee walks into a room. There, a woman happily greets him. She gives him a hug, and he hugs her back.

“You made it,” she says.

“I wouldn’t miss this,” he tells her.

She breaks the hug and gives him a peck on the lips.

“What’s wrong,” she asks him. “You look bothered.”

“Just a person I bumped into just now. She was really rude.”

She hugs him. “Let it go,” she tells him. “We shouldn’t let a person ruin this big event.”

“You’re right,” he sighs. He hugs her back. “My fiance’s art exhibit is more important.”

 

Eunha’s head is hung low as she shows Boss the camera.

“It was my fault,” Eunha says. “I took the strap off my neck.”

“You said someone bumped into you,” Boss asks.

Eunha nods her head.

“It’s okay,” Boss assures her. “He gave you compensation money. We can buy a new one with this.” Boss looks at the check. “Wow. That’s a lot of money. The camera doesn’t even amount half to this.”

“I just blurted out a number,” Eunha says. “I’m sorry.”

“We’ll use the money to buy a new camera, but we can just give him the change. Who did you say the man was?”

“Mr. Lee,” Jaehyun replies. 

“Mr. Lee? The CEO to Scent?”

Eunha nods her head.

The next day, Boss gives Eunha the rest of the check and asks Eunha to go give the check back to Mr. Lee. 

“Should I drive you there,” Jaehyun asks. 

The two of them are eating breakfast in Eunha’s apartment.

“It’s okay,” Eunha says. “I can go by myself.”

“If anything happens,” Jaehyun says. “Call me.”

Eunha nods her head. 

She takes the bus to Scent and walks up to the front desk.

“Hello,” Eunha greets the front desk lady. “I’m here to meet Mr. Lee.”

“What is your name,” the lady asks.

“Kang Eunha.”

She calls Mr. Lee to inform him about Eunha. Then, she hangs up.

“You may go,” the lady says. “His office is on the top level.”

“Thank you,” Eunha says.

Eunha takes the elevator and heads up to the top floor. On the way up, she is planning a conversation in her head.

“How should I greet him,” she asks herself. “Hello! Hey! Hi!” She sighs. “Should I apologize? It was my fault for dropping the camera, but he bumped into me, but if I didn’t unstrap it from me, it would’ve been saved.” Eunha shakes her head. 

Once she is there, she looks around. 

“Wow,” she says. “This building is so fancy.”

Eunha knocks on the door labeled CEO.

“Come in,” Mr. Lee says. 

Eunha opens the door and walks in.

Mr. Lee is at his desk typing on his laptop. 

Eunha walks over to his desk. 

“Mr. Lee,” Eunha says. 

She bows her head.

“I’m sorry,” Eunha says. “My attitude yesterday was rude.” She grabs the check in her purse and places it on his desk. “This is the money we didn’t use. Thank you for buying us the new camera.” 

Mr. Lee continues to type on his laptop. 

“You’re welcome,” he says.

Eunha stands there awkwardly. 

Mr. Lee stops typing and looks up from his laptop. “Did you need something else,” Mr. Lee asks.

“No,” Eunha replies. 

“Why don’t you keep the check,” he suggests.

“What,” Eunha asks confused.

“You were making such a scene and blurted out such a big amount. I thought you were going to pocket the rest of the money.”

“Why would I do that?”

“I don’t know. Because you want to?”

“I’m going to work for you, it’ll be stupid of me to rob you don’t you think?”

He thinks and nods his head. “You’re right.”

Eunha scoffs. “Do I look like that kind of person to you?”

“Just how you acted made me think you’re that kind of person. A camera like that doesn’t cost as much as the amount you gave me.”

Eunha tries not to show her anger. “In that moment,” Eunha says. “I was just really angry. I’m sorry if I made you think I’m that kind of person, but that doesn’t mean that you should judge a person.”

“I usually don’t judge a person,” Mr. Lee replies. 

“Mr. Lee,” Eunha says. “I have a question for you.”

“Go ahead,” he replies.

“Why did you choose me to be your photographer?”

“Because I like the way you work. Your pictures also turned out great.”

“If I did rob you, would you still hire me?”

He shakes his head. “Why would I hire someone who robbed me? I can replace you.”

“Then, replace me. I don’t want to work for you.”

“Really? Fine.”

Eunha scoffs. “Have a good day.”

Eunha exits the room. She is fuming in anger. “How can he treat me like this?” She is going down in the elevator. “How can he treat anybody like this? How does he have people working for him?”

When Eunha gets home, she calls Jaehyun and immediately starts complaining to him. 

“I told you I didn’t have a good feeling about him,” Jaehyun says. 

“I also quit. I’m not working for him,” Eunha says. “I can’t stand the sight of him!”

“We already have a job. You don’t need that one.”