- 09

Good Things Take Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Eunbin was approaching her house, she spotted Baekhyun was sitting at the steps in front of her door with a plastic bag next to him.

She increases her speed and she was standing in front of him in a blink. Her eyes widened in surprised to see the boy was making himself small with hands between his legs, nose and cheeks were brightly flushed.

“Baekhyun?”

The owner of the name flashes her a smile and she could see his teeth chattering.

“Are you insane? How long have you been waiting here?”

The weather might have slowly turned warmer but it was still cold nonetheless, and with the way his face looked, it looked like he had been here for quite some time.

Eunbin quickly made him stand up and ushered him to enter her house. She the heater and made a hot chocolate for him. She watched him drink then carefully took one of his hand and blew hot breath on it. Thankfully his temperature had risen a bit.

Baekhyun explained, “I’m afraid I’ll miss you if I go in even for a second to take a glove or coat.”

“You can see from your room’s window, can’t you?” she retorted. “And they say you’re our school’s top 15.” Eunbin rolled her eyes.

He put down his mug on the coffee table and took the plastic bag which he never left. He showed it to her and said, “I brought back our gelatos. You haven’t gotten to try the pistachio, right?”

Eunbin simply stared at him.

“I’m sorry about just now,” he apologized, putting back down the plastic.

She tilted her head to the side and asked, “Do you not like my outfit?”

He answered in haste, “I do! I do…” He held her hand which was in hers at first. “I just don’t like men staring at you. I’ve always known you’re a pretty girl, so why not just let me know about that? And so that you won’t be taken away by other man,” he joked at the end and chuckled at himself.

Eunbin smiled and drew herself closer to him, resting her cheek against his shoulder. Her mind flashed back to her conversation with Hyewon and Wonyoung. The ugly restlessness in her heart started to grow.

“I don’t want anybody else but you,” she whispered and said it with an honest heart.

Their hands were now intertwined and she held him tight, as if she was afraid that he would suddenly disappear before her. She closed her eyes and felt him close to her. His warmth, his breathing, his touch.

“Baekhyun, we need to talk.”

The seriousness in her tone didn’t go unnoticed by Baekhyun. “Yeah?” he breathed.

Eunbin opened back her eyes and shifted until her chin was now resting on her shoulder. Her breath gently hit his skin because she was so close.

She muttered, “You’re leaving soon. Then what will happen to us?”

Baekhyun didn’t answer her in an instant. He was still as the gears in his head was moving. He thought that it was nothing weird that she mentioned it right now because he was leaving in less than six months, and they had never ever talked about this.

But to be faced by the question unnerved him because the reality that they were going to be apart soon was looming tall above him.

“Nothing,” he finally answered in the simplest way.

Eunbin frowned in confusion, “What?”

He turned to her and stared straight to her eyes. “Do you mean are we going to break up? The answer is no. I told you I’ll never let you go.”

Wonyoung’s words echoed inside her head and she quoted her words, “Long-distance relationship isn’t easy.”

“It’s certainly not,” Baekhyun agreed, but that didn’t mean it would stop him for at least trying. “But, as long as we’re in this together, we could make it possible,” he said with confidence he didn’t know where it came from.

They always end up with a break up.

Eunbin wondered why they should try if they were already know how the ending was going to be. But, with her heart was in Baekhyun’s hand and in addition of his confidence, she was intrigued to try. Maybe they would be different.

She hoped so.

Seeing she was leaning in, Baekhyun smiled and met her halfway before their lips touched. His hand crept up to hold her cheek, angling her head so he could deepen their kiss.

Eunbin felt his kiss was somewhat like a seal to a promise.

 

“Jennie?”

The youngest of them three looked at Jennie in confusion before shifting her eyes on her boyfriend. The last bell had rung and Baekhyun had come to get her like usual. What different was he had Jennie follow him.

She raised her hand and waved at Eunbin. She greeted, “Hey, my cute junior.”

Baekhyun scoffed at her but the corner of his lips adorned a barely there smile. Jennie shoot him a glare but she had a smile on too, nudging at his arm with her elbow.

Eunbin tried to calm herself down from what she had seen.

“Jennie and I have group assignment we need to do and we’re doing it at my place,” said Baekhyun.

“I see,” Eunbin replied coolly.

On their way back home, most of it was filled with Baekhyun and Jennie’s conversation about the project they were going to do. Eunbin was pretty much quiet. Unbeknownst to anyone, she started to purse her lips and walked while staring at her shoes. But then, halfway through their walk, she felt fingers tickling her palm. She glanced to find that Baekhyun’s fingers had interlaced with hers.

And just like that, the purse on her lips relaxed and the ends of her lips curled up a little.

When they were in front of their houses, Baekhyun tugged at their linking hands, making Eunbin turn her attention to him.

“Do you want to join us?” he asked.

Before she could answer, Jennie inter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter