- 02

Good Things Take Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five minutes after the lunchbreak bell rang, Baekhyun’s text slipped in Eunbin’s phone, letting her know that he was in front of her class.

She excitedly stood up and walked to the door with Hyewon and Wonyoung in tow.

Eunbin stopped in front of Baekhyun who was leaning against the wall. Seeing her being cute in front of him, Baekhyun couldn’t stop himself to stretch out his hand and ruffle the girl’s hair. As the two looked like they were lost in their own world, they didn’t notice the two other girls behind Eunbin that Hyewon needed to purposely cough out loud to bring them back to reality.

“Yes?” Baekhyun shifted his attention to his juniors.

Eunbin quickly introduced them, “They’re my classmates and want to join us for lunch. That’s fine, right?”

Baekhyun raised one of his eyebrows and nodded, “Oh, yeah, sure. My friends and I won't mind.”

The four high school students started their way to the cafeteria with Baekhyun and Eunbin walking behind the two girls.

Baekhyun sneakily took Eunbin’s hand and intertwined their fingers, making the girl lowered her head and her hair became the curtain to hide her blushing cheeks. He pulled her a little closer and angled his head a bit to her ear.

“Already making two new friends on the first day. I’m impressed,” he praised and his eyes were twinkling with adoration and proud to his girlfriend.

“I hope I’m not going to get replaced so soon,” he teased.

Eunbin lightly slapped him in the arm. “What do you mean? You’re not going to be replaced by anybody,” she protested.

As they had entered the loud and crowded cafeteria, Baehyun halted in his steps for two seconds just to pinch Eunbin’s nose. “Good to hear that.” Then he pulled Eunbin’s hand and nodded to two of her friends, leading his three juniors to his and his friend’s usual table.

Baekhyun’s friends were all excited to see Eunbin. Irene even scooted so that Eunbin could sit next to her. Then, she didn’t forget to introduce Hyewon and Wonyoung who would be joining them for lunch.

“Eunbin’s friends are our friends. And how could we not let these two cute juniors sit with us, eh?” Jongin flirted, which earned a protest from Irene and Nayeon.

 

Ten minutes before school ended for the day, Baekhyun quietly took out his phone to text Eunbin. His fingers expertly typed in his message as his eyes were on the whiteboard so his teacher didn’t catch him playing phone while in class.

After he looked down to make sure that his text was sent, he put away his phone carefully. Not long later, Nayeon tapped on his shoulder. He turned a bit to show his side face. He mouthed ‘what’ at the girl.

“We’re planning going to the arcade after school. You’re coming?” she whispered, loud enough that only the both of them could hear.

Baekhyun shook his head. “I’m going to be with Eunbin.”

Nayeon pressed her lips together to hide her laugh. “Byun Baekhyun, it’s not what I think, is it?” Her face twisted weirdly as she stared at her friend, amusement glinting in her eyes.

“It’s exactly what you think,” Baekhyun winked at her, making Nayeon faked a gag.

“Whipped.”

Baekhyun simply stuck his tongue out like a 5-year-old child.

When the bell rung, he bid his friends goodbye and immediately zoomed to Eunbin’s class. When he almost got there, he already spotted her head among the crowd, standing at the place where he was previously waiting for her at lunch.

“Park.”

Eunbin heard his voice first before she saw him. And next, she felt him as his big palm slid down from the crown of her hair to her shoulder. She looked up and greeted by her favorite smile from her favorite person.

Baekhyun noticed they had attracted quite nosy eyes from students passing by. They were trying to be discreet but failed miserably.

“Your friends?” he looked down and asked.

Eunbin replied, “They’ve gone home first.”

Baekhyun nodded and pulled her off from the leaning, keeping his arm tight around her shoulder. Once in a while, when his eyes met with others’ unfriendly gazes, he would glare at them, reminding them to mind their own businesses.

This was one of the reasons he hated high school. Some students would be too prying and gossiped a lot. For a first-year junior to have immediately a third-year senior boyfriend? What a juicy gossip topic for them to have in restroom, group chats, or café.

Baekhyun would feel relief if that was what they were only going to do. He just hoped no one would befriend with Eunbin just for the benefits to get closer to him and his friends. His circle had quite a reputation in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter