- 07

Good Things Take Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was soon Jongin’s birthday, so Baekhyun and some of his friends were going to the mall to look for the soon-to-be birthday boy a present.

He wanted to bring Eunbin along but unfortunately, the girl had a test tomorrow. Her mother had specifically ordered her to stay in the house and study as her grade had dropped on her last test.

They were on a video call at the moment as Baekhyun changed his clothes.

When he had put on his outfit, he stood a couple of distance away from his phone on his desk so that Eunbin could see it clearly.

“The weather is pretty cold today. Why don’t you wear the coat your mom just bought for you? It’s warmer,” said Eunbin.

Baekhyun shrugged off the brown coat he was wearing.

“The navy one?”

“Yeah.”

“Who’s going?”

“Jennie.”

He deliberately paused for a few seconds to make his girlfriend a little anxious.

“Just the—“

“—and Chanyeol.”

On the screen, he could see her sigh and she lifted up her fist, wanting to hit him but of course she couldn’t.

“What about the others?”

While answering her, he wore his socks.

“Irene and Nayeon already have their own plans. While Junmyeon just ditches us last minute because his dad ask him to babysit his little brothers.”

Before he ended their video call, he sternly reminded her to better study properly for her test tomorrow. Eunbin stuck her tongue out and quickly ended the call before he could have the chance to nag her again.

Thirty minutes later, he was the first one to arrive at the mall. Rather than idly standing and waiting for his friends, Baekhyun decided to enter one of a brand stores nearby the entrance.

He didn’t check the time, but he knew it wasn’t long when he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. He turned around to see it was Jennie. He smiled back at her.

He check at the time on his wrist and said, “Chanyeol isn’t here yet.”

Jennie raised one of her eyebrows at him.

“You didn’t check your phone? Chanyeol can’t make it too.”

Baekhyun blinked and quickly pulled out his phone from his pocket. He might have been accidentally put in silent just now. It turned out he suddenly had a family urgent matter.

“So it’s just you and me?” Baekhyun asked.

Jennie exclaimed, “Yep!”

Seeing Baekhyun’s face was a little weird, her smile fell and scowled at him.

“What? You’re not happy because it’s just the two of us?”

He scratched the back of his head. “I don’t mean that,” he mumbled and glanced around, looking a bit uncomfortable.

Then he noticed Jennie started to look a bit upset. He had offended her when he didn’t mean to. He had just thought about how Eunbin wouldn’t like this.

He tried to think again.

He knew for sure Eunbin would be bothered by the fact that he was alone with Jennie. He didn’t even want to know how she would act later. They hadn’t had a big fight lately and were pretty peaceful. Baekhyun intended to stay that way.

To make it stay that way, Eunbin just didn’t need to know. And so, he didn’t need to tell her.

It was for the sake of the peace in their relationship.

“Are we just going to stand here?”

Jennie’s voice dragged him out of his thought. He chuckled to himself and nodded at his friend to lead the way.

“Hey, Jennie? Would you do me a favor?”

“What?”

“Don’t post anything about today on social media,” Baekhyun answered with a serious tone.

She frowned at her friend’s weird favor. “Why?”

He contemplated whether he should tell her the truth but had a second thought. He simply shook his head and said, “Just don’t. Okay?”

“Okay, okay.”

Looking for the perfect present wasn’t as easy as snapping your fingers. Baekhyun had wanted to make the purchase quick so he wouldn’t need to sta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter