- 06

Good Things Take Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Eunbin went to school by herself too because Baekhyun wasn’t in front of her door waiting for her.

Hyewon and Wonyoung gasped when they saw her swollen eyes. They glanced at each other with knowing stares but Eunbin ignored them as she got into her seat and laid her head on her folded arms on top of the desk.

Not a few moments later, she could feel someone squeezed her shoulders. Wonyoung’s sweet voice intruded her ears.

“Hey, are you okay?”

She wasn’t.

“You haven’t made up with Baekhyun?” It was Hyewon.

Made up? Eunbin had a feeling that they were done, seeing how the boy didn’t call or text her. He completely ignored her existence as if she was a nobody.

Were they done? Did they break up?

Eunbin didn’t know and before she knew it, a tear slipped from her eyes and she felt it crossed her nose. Her two friends did their best to comfort her. She wanted to appreciate their efforts, but all she wanted was Baekhyun.

When the bell for lunchbreak rung, Hyewon called out for her to go to the cafeteria. But Eunbin ignored them. In the end, they left her alone and went by themselves.

Eunbin could hear her stomach growling. She didn’t eat anything since yesterday. But she didn’t have the appetite to swallow food, so she decided to nap to forget her hunger.

When she woke up, she found an egg mayo sandwich on the edge of her desk. She took it and turned to Hyewon and Wonyoung who had returned from cafeteria.

“Whose?”

“Yours,” Hyewon answered.

“Thanks.”

Eunbin carefully opened the plastic and took a small bite.

 

When school was finally done, Eunbin contemplated should she wait for a few minutes to see whether Baekhyun would come and fetch her.

She sighed. Stupidly, she waited.

When she didn’t see him five minutes later, she left.

 

Eunbin was welcomed by her mom’s wonderful smell of cooking when she reached the living room.

When her mom saw her, she asked, “Hey, are you joining us for dinner?”

“I’m not hungry,” she answered while washing her hands.

Her mom put her hands on her hips. “Baekhyun hasn’t talked to you yet?”

She shook her head.

Not wanting to hear her mom mention his name, she quickly made her way to the stairs. At the same time, the bell to their door rung. Her mom asked her to open it, but Eunbin didn’t want to. Clicking her tongue at her daughter, her mom went to get the door by herself.

Eunbin left with two steps before she reached her second floor when she heard her mom said in a surprised tone.

“Baekhyun?”

She stopped in her tracks, turning to the hallway which emerged the figure of Byun Baekhyun. And he was staring straight at her.

Eunbin wanted to shout at him, threw her bag at him. She wanted to bite his arm and hit his back. And she wanted to hug him too, cried in relief. She wanted to feel his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter