S2 - 23

Good Things Take Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Consciousness slowly took upon Baekhyun’s mind. His hand pressed down against the soft surface, but it didn’t feel right. This was much coarser and wasn’t as fluffy as he remembered. The blanket over him had a floral girly scent which didn’t match with his preference. And it felt so narrow here, he didn’t feel like there was space for him to move around.

Baekhyun slowly opened his eyelids. He woke with a heavy head and groaned. His throat felt too dry. He covered his face, remembering that he had drinks with his friends last night. It was out of character of him to drink more than he could handle, but he blamed it on Park Eunbin.

He supported his upper body with his arms and looked around, realizing that he was at an unfamiliar place. His eyes widened in shocked. When his upper body felt a little chilly, he slapped his hand on to his chest… his chest. His eyes bulged at the sight that he wasn’t wearing any shirt.

Baekhyun started to scream.

“It’s six in the morning! Quiet down!”

He looked up to find Soojung glaring down at him. Baekhyun screamed again. He pulled at the blanket to cover himself. He scooted backward and wrapped the blanket around his chest, looking scandalized. He stammered, “W-w-what the hell are you doing here? Why am I here? Where is my t-shirt? Oh my God!” As he just reminded of something, he hastily lifted up the blanket. Baekhyun sighed in huge relief to find that his pants were still on.

Soojung was speechless.

This man came uninvited last night. This man puked all over Eunbin, the floor and himself. This man troubled her and Eunbin to clean up the mess. This man was heavy as hell, but Eunbin didn’t want to leave him on the floor, so they had to drag him to their sofa.

And he dared to think she would take advantage of him while he knocked out?

Didn’t Soojung promise that she would skin him alive when he woke up?

He was lucky that Eunbin decided to show up right then.

“Baekhyun, what’s with the screaming?” She gaped at the man.

Baekhyun gasped. “Eun-Eunbin? What? How?” He looked around and was confused as hell.

Eunbin sighed exasperatedly. “You don’t remember anything?” she tried.

He raked inside his mind. He could only remember until Lucas putting him inside the taxi. His memory stopped there. He couldn’t remember how he could end up in Eunbin and Soojung’s apartment. He guiltily stared back at Eunbin and shook his head.

She explained in a soft voice, “You were drunk and somehow came here instead going to your own apartment. Then you threw up all over me. You fell and got your t-shirt dirty, so we had to take it off. Sorry you have to sleep half . Soojung and I don’t have any men’s clothes or shirt big enough for you.”

Baekhyun felt like wanting to jump out of the window.

That was probably a better idea than whatever was inside Soojung’s mind as those murderous eyes of hers never stopped staring at him.

“I’m so sorry about last night. I didn’t know what’s gotten into me. I’m so sorry to both of you,” he apologized with all sincerity he could muster up.

He had to be such unsightly last night. The guilt and shame wouldn’t stop eating inside him at the thought how troublesome it was for two young ladies took care a drunk man.

“As long as you won’t ever do this again, I’m fine,” Soojung grumbled. She turned around and made her way back to her room.

When it was left just the two of them in the living room, Baekhyun asked, “Did... Did I say something stupid last night?”

But the one who said something stupid wasn’t him. It was her.

Eunbin leaned her side against the wall and properly looked at him. She asked back instead, “You really don’t remember anything at all?” She hated the little hope blooming inside her heart. She watched how Baekhyun lowered his head, seemingly trying to think with his fuzzy head again. The corner of her lips quirked up bitterly before he could give her an answer that she already knew.

Baekhyun shook his head. “I’m sorry, Eunbin. If I had said anything stupid or hurting, I don’t mean any of it. I swear.”

She nodded.

Thirty minutes later after Baekhyun received his t-shirt, which was immediately washed by Eunbin last night and dried, and used the bathroom, he went home. Eunbin had been kind asking him to stay for breakfast, but he was just way too embarrassed about what he had done and couldn’t wait to leap out of the women’s apartment.

It was still so early when Baekhyun left, but Eunbin was already too awake to go back sleeping. She sat down at the sofa where Baekhyun slept. Her eyes were glued to the wall. She had already guessed it last night. There was a chance that he would forget it when he woke up tomorrow morning. She had assured herself that it would be no problem then and thought it was actually a great thing not to go on a date with him in the end.

Eunbin blinked in surprise when noticing Soojung’s presence next to her.

“I thought you’re going back to sleep?”

Soojung sleepily ruffled her hair. “Baekhyun’s scream is a wonder morning call. I’m thinking of making it into my alarm,” she simply commented.

She dropped her head to Eunbin’s shoulder and silently asked, “He forgot what you said last night?”

Eunbin smiled and nodded.

“I swear, the only good thing he has is only his face and nothing else,” Soojung grunted.

 

Baekhyun propped his head against his knuckle as the morning scenery of Seoul passed by him in a blur. He was in the taxi and on the way to his apartment. Up until now, he still couldn’t understand how he could end up at Eunbin’s apartment.

One of the reasons why he wanted to remember was because he caught onto Eunbin’s dimmed eyes when he admitted he forgot everything about last night.

Baekhyun felt extremely bad. He harshly tugged at his own hair and grunted. He couldn’t remember! But he had to! For some reason, he could feel it in his heart, bones, and blood that there was something very important happened last night.

“But what?” he asked to no one in particular.

Had he promised something to Eunbin? Or had he confessed something? What could it be? He knew that it was no small matter. He knew that it had to mean something for Eunbin to quietly drop her shoulders and for her face to reveal such faint disappointment.

Baekhyun had tried to make her talk a couple of times, but Eunbin kept assuring him that nothing major happened last night.

He closed his eyes and rested against the window. If it’s nothing, why did you make such face?

Lucas came unannounced when it was noon. Baekhyun was surprised to see his junior, but glad to see the plastic with Burger King’s logo on it. Free food? He would never mind at all.

But something weird about his junior when he arrived.

Lucas was someone who loved to smile and laugh at all things. He could be a bit airhead, but he was a friend who you could always count on. Basically, Lucas was already known for his sunshine personality, but something about him today was full-on beaming.

“Something good has happened or something?”

When Lucas heard Baekhyun’s question, he grinned bashfully, hiding behind his manly hands which contrasting with his baby face. His throat even produced a happy giggle that it made Baekhyun have goosebumps all over.

He laughed at his junior. “What is wrong with you?”

“You remember Lisa? That gorgeous girl from Thailand?”

“The one you have big crush on and never stop talking about? Yeah.”

Lucas lifted up his chin and puffed his chest. “I’m going on a date with her this Friday,” he announced. He smirked at Baekhyun with full arrogance and even rubbed his nose with his thumb, thinking he had to look so dashing from the action.

It didn’t last long before he returned to his silly cute self. Feeling embarrassed and euphoric, he hid his flushing face behind his palms as he giggled again.

“Oh, you lucky dog!” Baekhyun exclaimed, tackling Lucas before affectionately ruffling his hair.

Between their lunch, Lucas started to share what his date’s plan with Lisa. He told him what outfit he wanted to wear and which places he wanted to bring Lisa to. It was pretty boring because Baekhyun had never talked this kind of things with his guy friends, but Lucas looked so excited. He wasn’t cruel enough to make him stop talking.

Lucas was overjoyed and Baekhyun was happy for the younger man. Baekhyun was glad that Lisa decided to give him a chance and went on a date with him.

Which made him think of Eunbin. How he wished Eunbin could be like Lisa and give him the opportunity showing her his love and affection.

Baekhyun couldn’t sweep away the pang of jealousy in his heart.

Lucas left his apartment when it was almost dinner time.

Baekhyun was alone again. He was sitting on the couch and his head was tilted back, absentmindedly staring at the ceiling. The thought about Lucas’s upcoming date with Lisa flashed through his head.

“A date, huh?”

It had been a while for himself to go on a date with a girl. The last date he went was when he was still with Taeyeon and it ended badly. It ended with Taeyeon hugging him and breaking down. Amidst the silent weeping, over and over she apologized what a failed girlfriend she had been and asked Baekhyun to let her go. So he let go.

Right there and right then, Baekhyun actually thought of Eunbin after so long she didn’t pop up in his head. His brain couldn’t help but to make the comparison. In the past, Eunbin’s tears wouldn’t stop falling too, but she had begged him not to go. While at that moment, Taeyeon pleaded him to go instead.

Baekhyun found it funny. That was all.

The ending to both was the same—he left.

After having a mini flashback of Taeyeon, he started to get sleepy. He felt his phone vibrate next to him, so he simply glanced down.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter