- 01

Good Things Take Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunbin had been waiting for this day to come since the moment she saw her crush wore the uniform.

And she couldn’t believe that she slept in on the day.

Late? On the first day of starting high school? What a total nightmare.

Eunbin was combing her hair with her fingers in front of the mirror when her phone starts to vibrate. Baekhyun was calling. She clicked her tongue and put it on speaker, moving to pick up her bag, purse, and socks.

“Park, are you not ready? We need to go now.”

Baekhyun sounded a little upset and it was all her fault. Final checking on the mirror, she sadly thought how she didn’t have the time to even style her hair properly because there wasn’t the time.

“I’m coming down now,” she replied, quickly ending the call.

She sprinted down the stairs and was welcomed by her empty living room. No surprises because her parents should be half way to their offices now. She opened up her front door and was hit rudely by the sunlight. She squinted against the intruder, blinking to adjust her eyes at the sudden brightness.

A boy was already waiting not far away from her with hands on hips and a wide smile on his face. He was wearing the same color scheme uniform as she was, the only difference was he was wearing a pants while she was wearing a skirt.

Two years ago, she had been dreaming to wear the same uniform with her crush when she saw him wearing it.

Now, she finally wore it. And what better was that her then crush had now become her boyfriend.

They had turned official on last summer break.

“How do I look?” Eunbin asked, even giving the boy a twirl.

“Beautiful,” Baekhyun answered way too short for Eunbin’s liking, but his wide grin and gentle eyes made up for it.

Byun Baekhyun. Her neighbor. Her childhood friend. Her two years older brother. Her former crush. And now her boyfriend.

 

The two had made to the Opening Ceremony three minutes before it started. Because they were in different years and classes, the two needed to part ways to their own lines.

Ceremony like this had never been fun. Eunbin had lost count how many times she had tried to suppress her yawns in the midst of the principal’s speech.

Eunbin let her eyes wander. None of her friends in her middle school had enrolled to this high school because it was too difficult for them. And even if she found someone from her middle school, they weren’t her friends or closed enough to call them one. Eunbin herself had barely made in the high school if it wasn’t for the help of her smart boyfriend who was a student here.

She suddenly started to feel nervous and gulped. This meant that she had to find new friends in this foreign environment. She wetted her dry lips. As she was taking glimpse of her peers, she wondered which one of them would like to be friend with her. She hoped that they would want to. She hoped they would like her. She hoped she was good enough to become their friends.

What a dreaded feelings inside her stomach as she glanced around.

Then, a particular black hair and familiar face among this foreign faces caught her attention. Her eyes stopped at Baekhyun who was standing pretty far from her, but their eyes still managed found each other through the people and gaps.

He was showing her one of his most charming smile that managed to calm down her nerves. She wondered how long he had been staring her as she returned him with her own smile.

Baekhyun started to move his lips inaudibly with the utmost careful and precision so Eunbin could read what he was trying to say.

Don’t be nervous.

So she had been busted. She giggled to herself and nodded her head to her boyfriend. Throughout the ceremony, they had been keeping an eye on each other. Silently, Eunbin appreciated it as his existence stopped her from thinking too much.

 

When the ceremony was finally over, the students were asked to go to their designated classes. On her way, Eunbin received a text message from Baekhyun. He texted that he would go to her class on lunchbreak so they could go to the cafe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter