- 04

Good Things Take Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since then, Hyewon and Wonyoung’s warnings often rung inside Eunbin’s head.

Now, every lunchbreak, Eunbin tried to make Baekhyun not sit next to Jennie. She paid closer attention towards Baekhyun’s interactions with the girls. She made notes of their closeness and what gestures they did that was pretty crossing the lines.

Sometimes, she felt a little bad for being suspicious of Irene and the others because they were always so nice to her.

But Hyewon and Wonyoung said, “It could be just an act.”

Earlier today, Baekhyun did something that made her upset. He and Jennie had been joking around as the girl was trying to put cucumber on his tray. Baekhyun loathed cucumber. As to stopping Jennie from getting the cucumber on his tray, he grabbed both of her wrists. The two struggled for a few minutes before Jennie finally gave up. Not just that, the two were like toddlers then, kicking at each other’s feet under the table and laughing happily.

When they parted ways, Hyewon and Wonyoung grumbled about Jennie again, reminding Eunbin to watch on her boyfriend more or he would be stolen away before she knew it.

That had put Eunbin on a bad mood until the last bell rung.

Baekhyun immediately noticed something was wrong. Eunbin was way too quiet than usual and she had been keeping her gaze down. There was a slight visible frown on her forehead too. Baekhyun tightened his hold on their linking hands to catch her attention, but Eunbin kept her eyes low.

“Park? What’s wrong?” he tried again and asked.

The only reaction he got was a sigh from her.

“Are you hungry? You didn’t eat much at lunch just now. How about chicken?”

Eunbin halted and looked up at Baekhyun, looking upset. “Why do you keep feeding me chicken? Do you want me to get fat?”

Baekhyun’s eyebrows shot up and her sudden outburst. “What? No,” he was flustered. “Y-you like chicken, don’t you? So—so I thought…” his words died down when Eunbin turned her face to other side.

He looked at his girlfriend in disbelief. He really didn’t know what he had possibly done to make her this mad. They were pretty fine when they parted ways after lunch. So, why? Baekhyun scratched at his hair in loss.

Usually, Baekhyun was pretty observant and he could catch right away what had made Eunbin unhappy. Or the girl would tell him what was bothering him right away. But this felt different.

He slowly exhaled through his nose and cooled down his head. Then, when he was sure he had his composure, he stood right before his girlfriend. He gently grabbed her by the arms and stared straight at her face even though her eyes were avoiding his.

“Eunbin?”

Baekhyun noticed a small movement on her lips. She might be biting the inside of . All this time, Baekhyun called her Park that Park this. He reserved to call her by her name only when he was being serious and he meant that she hoped she would be serious too.

“Eunbin, look at me.”

The owner of the name couldn’t disobey and obediently met his eyes.

“Tell me what’s wrong.”

All of a sudden, Baekhyun saw tears were pooling in her eyes and her lips trembled. He was taken aback as Eunbin just broke down when he didn’t even nowhere close as to scold her. The second her tears rolled down her cheeks and she made a sob sound, Baekhyun cupped the back of her head and made her rest against his chest.

“Park? Park, you’re scaring me.”

His palm soothingly rubbed her back while his other hand stayed on the crown of her hair. They stayed like that on the streets for a few minutes and even though he got himself dirty-stares from passers-by, he ignored them as his own cheeks started to blush.

Then,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter