- 03

Good Things Take Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later, Eunbin found herself to have more friends in such a short time than she had initially thought.

However, she was the closest with Hyewon and Wonyoung as their seats were just next to her. And slowly she was getting to know some of the boys in her class better too. Like Lucas who sat behind her and Jungkook who sat next to Lucas.

Eunbin knew her popularity had risen up because of her relationship with Baekhyun. The boy had first warned her to be wise at making friends and not let herself take advantage.

 

On lunchbreak, Eunbin saw a familiar face which she hadn’t seen since the start of their new year at their table.

“Eunbin-ah!” Jennie broke into a smile when she spotted the younger girl.

The younger girl gaped at her senior who had turned immensely gorgeous after she hadn’t seen her in a couple of months. Jennie had lost more weights but still had the right curves here and there. It seemed like she had tailored her uniform to fit in her body better. It didn’t look too tight but she looked y.

Eunbin heard Baehyun chuckle next to her, “The princess finally returns. I thought you don’t know your way back to Korea anymore. You were absent for two weeks!”

“I lost my passport, can you believe it?” Jennie sighed but then she smiled at Eunbin. She nodded in approval. “Look at our little sister finally wearing the same uniform as us. You look cute!” she praised and winked. Her eyes shifted to the two girl she hadn’t met yet and raised her eyebrows at them. “These are?”

“My friends,” Eunbin started to introduce Hyewon and Wonyoung to Jennie. The other two looked star-struck too at the senior’s beauty.

Then Jennie shared a bit about her holiday visiting her grandparents at New Zealand and the drama of losing her passport, hence her absent for two weeks. Chanyeol and Baekhyun couldn’t stop teasing her and in the end had to shut their mouths when Jennie finally had enough and twisted the two’s ears.

Baekhyun pouted and tattled to Eunbin.

But his girlfriend cruelly just scrunched her nose and mouthed, “Serve you right.”

Jennie cheered and held up her hand to which Eunbin slapped it with her own hand.

Baekhyun was watching their high-five with the most comical face ever and he stared at Eunbin in disbelief. He squinted his eyes at her even though Jennie, who was sitting next to his right, was mocking him and pulling at his shoulders.

“I’ll remember that, Park.”

“Man, I need to catch up with the lessons I miss for two weeks!” She turned to look at the other boys at the table and chuckled, “Well, there’s no way I’m getting help from you guys.” She nudged at Baekhyun, “You’re the most reliable one. You’re free this Saturday?”

Eunbin’s ears perked up at the mention of this Saturday. She leaned over so that Jennie could see her. “Baekhyun and I want to go to this new café this Saturday.”

“Yeah. Sorry, Jen.” Baekhyun laughed at Jennie’s pouting face. He nodded at Irene then, “What about Irene?”

In their circle, Irene and Baekhyun were the smartest.

She frowned, looking sorry at her friend. “I have plans too.”

“Man.” Jennie’s lips curled down.

Nayeon shook her head in an instant when Jennie’s gaze fell on her. “Don’t look at me. My notes aren’t complete too.”

Then Irene said, “How about I’ll tell you later after school? I have a feeling that my Saturday’s plan will be canceled though.”

Jennie shrugged. “Okay. Text me later.”

 

Eunbin and Wonyoung went to Hyewon’s place after school for their group assignment. It was Eunbin’s first time and she was amazed by the size of her house. She had her own guessing already that Hyewon was from a well-off family as she noticed her branded shoes, bags, and her latest iPhone.

But this exceeded her imagination.

It turned out that her father was a well-respected lawyer while her mom was a professor in the best university in Korea.

Eunbin had never felt so small in her life.

After they were finished with their group assignment, Hyewon started a conversation and her first topic was… Jennie.

“Did you guys see her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter