- 10

Good Things Take Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want to us be in a separate table from your friends from now on.”

Eunbin knew how it sounded like. Baekhyun probably thought how salty she was being after last night. But she decided not to care and just went with it. After a lot of thoughts last night, this could be a step to make him really keep his distances from his female friends. Sure, Eunbin couldn’t watch him all the time because they were in different year and class, but as long as there were situations she could take control, she would do it.

Baekhyun stopped in his tracks before he made a turn to his usual table with his friends. He glanced at Eunbin, then at Hyewon and Wonyoung who had reached the table, and lastly his friends who were chatting and laughing. His grips on his trays tightened a bit.

He was silence for a while before he gave in, “If that’s what you want, okay.”

Eunbin led him to an empty table and he wasn’t sure if she did it on purpose, but it was really far away from his friends. Baekhyun turned a bit to where his friends were and caught Nayeon and Chanyeol were staring at them. As their eyes met, he flashed a small smile and nodded at his girlfriend, hoping his friends could understand him.

He placed his tray next to Eunbin before he sat down. When they turned at each other at the same time, they both smiled, but their expressions were hard to read.

“Are you upset?” Eunbin suddenly asked after a couple minutes of silence.

Baekhyun continued his chewing and looked down on his meal. After he swallowed, he answered, “Why should I be?”

Feeling her gaze on him, he paused and turned to his right, where she was sitting.

“I have something to tell you,” he muttered.

Eunbin cocked a brow at him, indicating that she was listening.

“Except for Tuesday and Friday, I’ll be studying with my friends at the town’s library. So, you have to go home by yourself.”

“With who?”

Baekhyun lifted his chin to vaguely point at where his friends were. “Chanyeollie and the others.”

She braced herself before asking, “Jennie too?”

He looked a little wary, then nodded, “Yeah.”

“Why?”

He patiently answered, “Because my final tests are coming soon. I have to invest more time at studying.”

“When do you plan this? You never said anything to me before.”

“We just decided when we’re in class earlier.”

No wonder he agreed her so quickly just now. Just when Eunbin thought she had done a little to make him stay away from his friends, he told her this. Then, there was nothing changed in the first place. In fact, if anything, it made him spend more time with them.

Baekhyun saw her troubled expression. He put down his spoon and took her hand in his, brushing her skin with his thumb.

“Park? If it’s still about last night, we—“

Eunbin cut in, “I know. Nothing happened last night.”

He couldn’t help but let out a chuckle, but there was no humor in it. He simply sounded surprised because Eunbin talked as if he really had lied to her.

“Jennie and I are just friends,” he said for the nth time since last night.

The corners of were lifted and she hoped it looked sincere enough to be called as a smile.

“I know, I know.”

Baekhyun pressed his lips together and how much her dispirited responds bothered him. She couldn’t seriously think that he was cheating with Jennie behind her, right? He rubbed his face with his free hand. What should he do?

He really wanted to clear the air and let Eunbin see that she was overthinking. But Baekhyun was scared that it would lead another fight and to be honest, he exhaled inwardly, he tried really hard to avoid one right now. He saw how she was being nonchalant about it and guessed that the girl had to have the same thought.

So, he let it be. As long as said that he believed her, it would be enough for him.

He brought their held hands close to his lips before he kissed the back of her hand, staring deep at the girl. Less than five months, he had to leave for university and wouldn’t be able to stay by her side as much as now. He didn’t want to make more memories consisted of their unimportant arguments.

Eunbin suddenly made a face and said, “Baekhyun, gross. I can feel your oily lips on my hand.”

She retracted her hand from him and took a tissue to wipe at the spot he kissed just a moment ago. Baekhyun scoffed in amusement then made a move to kiss her on the lips, making Eunbin yelped and dodged.

Her eyes were bulging in surprised at him and laughed. She scolded, “Are you crazy? The teachers could see us.”

Baekhyun followed in her laughter before going back to eat his lunch. He kept his stare on her and smiled to himself. This definitely felt better and sat right on him. Because he couldn’t hold himself, he took a tissue and properly wiped his lips from any oil, then swooped in kiss her on the temple.

Eunbin gasped sharply and looked to her right and left in haste. She breathed out a sigh of relief when she didn’t spot any teachers in the room. She scrunched her nose at Baekhyun, earning another chuckle and another kiss on the side of her lips just to more for good measure. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter