- 08

Good Things Take Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Eunbin entered her classroom, she realized there was a mini crowd at Hyewon and Wonyoung’s seats. She got closer and heard whispers but couldn’t make their words.

“What’s up?”

All heads turned to her and the whispers immediately stopped. Not long later, the others returned to their seats, ignoring her earlier question. She frowned and shot Hyewon and Wonyoung a curious look.

“What were you guys talking about?”

Wonyoung smiled and answered, “It’s nothing.”

Eunbin didn’t give up and pressed, “It doesn’t look like nothing. What is it? Tell me.”

She thought it had to be something interesting until a mini crowd surrounding the two of them and those whispers excited her. She even pulled her chair closer to the two’s desks and cupped her cheeks with her two palms while her elbows propped against Wonyoung’s desk. She smiled in excitement and wiggled her eyebrows, asking her friends to share.

Wonyoung casted Hyewon a glance before back to Eunbin. She repeated, “It’s nothing. We swear.”

Eunbin’s smile fell and she straightened her back. She huffed, “Why aren’t you guys telling me?”

Then Hyewon scoffed and gave her a sideway look. “Can you stop? Chill. We’re not telling because it has nothing to do with you.”

Eunbin was taken aback by her words. She shrunk back and blinked at Hyewon.

“Okay, fine. You don’t have to say it that rude.”

“Me? Rude? You’re the one who keeps pestering us. Ever heard of privacy?”

Eunbin could feel herself getting smaller. She lost her voice more and more.

“I just thought—“

She didn’t finish her sentence because of the stare Hyewon was giving her. It was as if she was asking her to just shut already and so she did.

Then suddenly Hyewon had a smile on and she reached out to rub Eunbin’s arm.

She explained, “We’ll tell you if we want to. But it’s seriously nothing and you don’t need to think much. Okay?” Her smile grew wider when Eunbin nodded her head. Her eyes caught a bracelet in her wrist and she gasped in amazement at it. “Beautiful thing! When did you buy this?”

Eunbin was still trying to make her head grip at the situation where Hyewon was being a little rude a little while ago and now she was nice and praising her bracelet.

“B-Baekhyun bought it for me yesterday,” she stammered after she realized she hadn’t answered Hyewon.

On his gift hunting with his friends yesterday, he spotted the bracelet and he said he immediately thought of her. Because the price wasn’t too expensive, he bought it right away.

Hyewon and Wonyoung glanced at each other when they heard the behind story of her bracelet. A knowing looks and smiles were exchanged between the two and they weren’t subtle as they thought they were.

Eunbin could feel her mood dampen a little. She never liked how Hyewon and Wonyoung exchanged glances and smiles. She felt left out when the three of them were friends in the same circle. She understood that they knew each other longer, but shouldn’t it be the three of them now?

“Beautiful,” Hyewon praised again as she put Eunbin’s hand back down after examined the bracelet.

Wonyoung agreed, “Baekhyun has good eyes indeed.”

“Thanks,” Eunbin mumbled.

The door was opened and their Chemistry teacher, Mrs. Oh, stepped in which followed by the school bell, marking the first class has started. Mrs. Oh had never been late and in fact, she always one second earlier than the bell.

Eunbin returned to her place, taking out her textbook. While she tried to pay attention to Mrs. Oh, she couldn’t help but notice there was a movement at her peripheral vision. Secretly, she glanced at Hyewon and found her stretch back and whispered something to Wonyoung. The former giggled at something her friend had said.

Eunbin dragged her vision back to the front. Her fingers on the desk curled up into fists. She didn’t know why but she didn’t have good feelings about what they had whispered to each other.

An itch kept bugging her in the back of her head throughout the class.

 

On one Saturday, Baekhyun promised to treat Eunbin one of those expensive gelatos as a reward for she managed to score B on her last test. Although she supposed to watch out for her weight, she made sure she would work hard on her diet for the next week after today.

Then there was the weather which was still cold, but it had never stopped her.

Because she wanted to directly see the gelato rather than chose it from the menu they had, she would order it from the counter and bring them to their table later. Baekhyun let her choose his flavor, then he waited for her at the table their waiter had led them.

There was a pat on his shoulder suddenly and he looked back to see it was his classmate.

“Minho!”

His classmate flashed back a smile, “Hey, Baekhyun! Who are you with?”

Minho’s arm slung around his neck. Baekhyun tipped his chin at where Eunbin was seriously choosing the flavors. He chuckled to himself at her overly focused face which he found cute. If only she could take study as serious as choosing flavors.

Minho whistled and leaned closer as if to get a better look at his girlfriend.

“Damn. Never realized your girlfriend is super cute. And that’s a cute skirt,” he nodded in approval and his gaze never stopped staring at Eunbin.

Baekhyun followed his line of vision. Rather than staring at Eunbin, he looked strangely more pay attention on her legs. Baekhyun’s face darkened at his inappropriate behavior, especially on someone’s girlfriend.

“Back off, man,” he lowly growled through his greeted teeth and glared at Minho.

His classmate simply laughed and said, “You can’t blame me. Do you see what’s your girlfriend wearing? She’s basically asking for men to look at her.”

Minho even dared to scan her from head to toe and Baekhyun could see the devilish glint in his eyes. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter