Day 7

21 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the dismissal bell rang throughout the whole school, students began filing out of the class in a disorderly manner. Shouts were heard across the corridors, the pelting of raindrops never dampening their excitement.

As for me, it did.

For the umpteenth time, I glared at the downcast weather. Menacing looking dark clouds filled the sky, looming ahead like a heavy curtain. Streaks of lightning scratched the sky, threatening to tear it apart. The wind howled with a fierce low growl as rain pounded on the windows. Trees bowed their crowns and stooped their branches as torrents of fresh water droplets continued pattering down with no mercy. Raindrops were dancing on the roads and roofs of cars, screeching tyres and blaring horning of cars constantly bombarded the silence beyond the bawling of the sky.

Neither of them made my day better. If anything, it only dragged my mood down further. I sighed, blaming my forgetfulness. I did not bring an umbrella with me today, despite countless reminders from my mother. Gloomily, I watched with a heavy heart as kids streamed out of school while chattering to their friends.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter