Day 5

21 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I felt someone pushed past me. The next moment I knew, my things dropped onto the floor with a loud thud. The impact drew up stares from the students around me, some shaking their heads with disapproval at my clumsiness. A tap from my back made me whirl.

 

"Get out of my way!" Keres sneered.

 

I was pretty sure he was the one who shoved me. But it wasn't that fact that disturb me.

 

It was the fact that he was Wheein's ex-best friend. They used to be close, until he craved for fame and popularity in school. He left wheein one day, telling her that he was done with hanging out around "a loser" who was not popular and influential. Wheein was upset at first, but later grew increasingly indignant about the matter. She felt that her popularity did not determine her self-worth. She decided that she did not deserve someone who was so low and shallow. Therefore, she hated Keres after that incident.

 

But since Wheein started to obtain outstanding results in her examinations and display reliable leadership skills, she got recognised in school to be one of the most trustworthy and hardworking students. Her responsible and caring nature soon captured schoolmates’ affection and even teachers, started being biased to her. Yet she never once bragged about her achievements.

 

There was no history between Keres and I, but I absolutely abhor him. What he had done to Wheein in the past was inhumane. It was clear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter