Day 21

21 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As I got out of my house today, my feet instinctively brought me to the path leading to Wheein's home. I knew she wouldn't be in school today too; whenever things like this happen, she would keep herself away from people for a very long time.

Well, Wheein could keep people away for as long as she wanted; I didn't mind so long as she stays with me. So long as she still talks to me normally and confides about her worries, her burdens, everything. She may want to avoid me for the moment; but too bad, that isn't coming her way. I'm going to raid into her privacy, and she has to deal with that.

Simply because I'm not going to let the one I love so much suffering alone without me being by her side.

Mrs Jung held a soft smile as she welcomed me in. I shuffled my feet awkwardly, trying to come out with words to explain why I was here instead of being in school. My mouth opened and closed a few times, but no words came out. Upon seeing how speechless I was, Mrs Jung took my hand gently, her eyes meeting mine.

With a soft whisper, she begged, "could you speak with me for a moment?"

I headed right towards Wheein's room once the talk was over. With a trembling heart, I knocked on her door twice.

I heard a groan from the inside, something hitting against the floor and the sound of creaking of the bed.

"Mom I told you I'm okay. I'm not hungry, I'm up and alive, I'm ..." She stopped halfway when she opened the door, her face holding a stunned expression. Her eyes, oh lord her eyes, were bloodshot; her eyelids heavy, eye bags dark and brown just like a tired panda. The sparks in her eyes were gone, it was just as if they were lifeless, those that had little purpose of living life.

Before she had the chance to recover from my surprise visit, I crashed into her cold arms, my head burrowing into her chest. I could feel her heart beating irregularly; the sudden fast pacing and aggressive palpitations pumped throughout her body. I didn't care how she felt at that moment, all that mattered was Jung Wheein was right in front of me, breathing and very much alive, her heart was still beating strongly.

I could feel her arms hesitantly wrapping around my body. Trying to reassure her that it was welcomed, I snuggled her tighter. Though the hug was suffocating us, I stayed in her embrace for a few minutes, not wanting to break my contact with her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter