Epilogue

21 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sensing the few movements beside me, I shifted my position and eventually woke up. The older girl lying beside me was startled; it wasn't long before I felt a tug at my hands. In the darkness, I could make an outline of Wheein's figure; sweat rolling down her face, with her feeling all hot and bothered.

"Your insomnia is keeping you up again, sweetheart?"
"I'm sorry," Wheein mumbled a quick apology. I squeezed her hand comfortingly.

Trudging into the kitchen with her small hand in mine, I went to find a cup and pour some milk for Wheein. All the while, the puppy like girl trailed behind me, arms wrapped around my body as if she was afraid that I would vanish if she let go. When I passed her the cup of milk, her eyes lit up like a young kid receiving a lollipop; purely innocent and elated.

Out of her usual habit, she padded to the balcony, her arm gripping around mine. The stars were already out by then. I took a quick sneak at the wall clock; it showed 01:42. The wind was blowing gently like a small breeze, ruffling a small amount of Wheein's hair. We stayed in this comfortable silence, feeling as if there was no distance between us as time slipped by. The only indication knowing that time was running was the volume of milk that decreases as the petite girl slowly sipped it.

I had grown to love the silence filled with accompaniment and unspoken emotions between us at times. I let my girlfriend take my time finishing the milk, before guiding her back to bed.

I faced wheein, holding her hands in mine.

"Go to sleep now, okay? I'll wait for you to settle."

And I watched as she stretched her arms out, stifling a yawn. She fumbled with my hands, playing with my fingers and giggling to herself. She is such an angelic cutie.

With a nervous voice, she suddenly asked, "Hyejinnie... Why did you suddenly confess to me on the day you came looking for me?"

I smiled, recounting what took place earlier.

"Wheein told you about it I presume?" Mrs Jung questioned.

I was clueless for a moment but figured out what she meant and nodded. Mrs Jung beamed lightly, creases forming around her small eyes. "I know you feel the same way too." she had said.

"But how did you know?" I blurted out.
She caressed my hair like the mother she was.
"Because if you didn't, you wouldn't visit. Why are you here?"
"Wheein was absent yesterday."
"she was absent before, but you didn't come."
"I..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter