Day 6

21 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyejin, look!" Wheein yelled as we approached the beach.

 

The sky was neon blue threaded with a silver lining in the horizon. Coconut and palm trees lined the shores, swaying gracefully in the whispering wind. Waves crashed against the sandy shores before ebbing away slowly. The fragrance of barbecue filled the air, teasing my nostrils. The surroundings smelled a mixture of fine sand and salty sea. The soft breeze blowing kissed my skin, and I welcomed it wholeheartedly.

 

Around us, children were scampering around, building sandcastles. Teenagers whizzed past with their bicycles, toddlers waddled around wobbly, crying exclamations of fascination.

 

Our first instinct upon reaching was to rush out to the sea which seemed to be calling out for us. The cooling water engulfed my feet entirely, swooshing my tiredness away. As I soaked myself in the water, I gestured Wheein to join me. The sand felt so cool and soothing beneath my feet. I took a deep breath.

 

I heard an airy laughter beside me, with squeals of delight. I glimpsed at Wheein. Her face was lit with euphoria, her eyes were dancing with immerse joy. She was like the sun, shining luminously and spreading her infectious ecstasy. With a dreamy but determined gaze, she swivelled around suddenly and pushed me into the sea.

 

I felt myself sinking beneath the surface. The choppy waves surged into my mouth and ears. Struggling to pull myself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter