chapter eight

fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The group didn't see each other for how many days, with Sana and Tzuyu taking their distances from the others, Mina and Chaeyoung using their time together rather than hanging out with their friends, Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo letting the others take their time, Momo searching for Dahyun and Dahyun going missing.

The others knew about Dahyun dropping down from the face of the Earth, and most of them understands why Dahyun decided to do that.

The most recipient of the impact of the revelation were Jihyo and Dahyun, and unlike Jihyo, who can act like she can take anything painful in this world, Dahyun doesn't know how to handle pain.

Especially from the people who she thought would protect her from it.

"Nayeon unnie, do you have any news about Dubu?" Momo asked as the four of them, Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo and Jihyo, walked towards the cafeteria room. "No news about her for the moment."

Nayeon turned from her place and sent Momo a reassuring smile. "Don't worry too much Momo. We all know Dahyun. She might be hurt but she's not one to do something bad to herself."

The group entered the cafeteria that was mostly consisted of nervous, gawking freshmen and attention seeking sophomores (this is the time when students try their best to get noticed by someone, whether by their popular crush or the jocks and the cheerleaders) since some of the juniors and seniors tend to eat outside of campus.

Nayeon and Jihyo went straight towards the lunch line while Jeongyeon and Momo went searching for a vacant table. The two searchers froze when they saw two familiar faces sitting all alone on two separate tables, head hanging down as younger students passed by them, whisperings going around as to why the two never hung out with their group again.

Jihyo and her friends were quite popular in school, with the cheer captain Myoui Mina and the soccer player Son Chaeyoung, the lead actress of the most awaited upcoming play Im Nayeon and the resident girl crush Yoo Jeongyeon, the best dancer there is in school Hirai Momo and the most flexible gymnastic Kim Dahyun, the best singer in the school Park Jihyo, the intelligent Minatozaki Sana and the mysterious transferee Chou Tzuyu, their group was known to be the most popular yet most genuine and kind out of all the groups in school. (There was a poll, believe me.)

So it came as a big question mark when one random Monday morning, Tzuyu was seen entering the school all alone, her head bowed down, and the aura surrounding her was no joke. Then after a while she was followed by Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Jihyo walking silently, which is a big change since Jeongyeon never stayed silent in her whole life. Momo soon came after, alone just like Tzuyu, holding at her bag strap tightly, avoiding any contact. Mina and Chaeyoung came together, holding hands like they always do but with strange expressions on their faces. Sana was the last to arrive, just 8 minutes in before the first class started (which was totally not her since Sana disliked going to school late), her eyes all bloodshot and it was obvious that she didn't get any sleep.

Dahyun didn't attend school for three days.

"Jeongyeon unnie." The said girl turned towards the raccoon, seeing Momo staring at Tzuyu who has her head resting on her arm, her body shaking since it's noticeable that she's crying. Silently cying.

"What are we supposed to do? Jihyo..." At the mention of the girl's name, the two looked over where Nayeon and Jihyo were, their eyes meeting Jihyo's eyes like she's been watching them the whole time.

Jihyo smiled and nodded approvingly, as if she had read Jeongyeon and Momo's mind, as if she's saying it was okay, as if she's saying she's going to be okay.

Jeongyeon sighed and looked at Tzuyu and Sana again, this time seeing Sana looking back at them with shining eyes. Jeongyeon averted her eyes and turned towards Momo. "Are you okay with getting Sana alone? Or do you want to go get them together?"

"Let's just go together." Momo said.

"Tzuyu or Sana?"

"Does it matter?" It's quite obvious that Momo is still...affected with what happened.

"Okay, let's go get Tzuyu first." Jeongyeon and Momo waIked towards the unsuspecting maknae who still had her head bowed down.

"Tzuyu." The Taiwanese looked up when she heard the familiar voice, eyes b tears when she saw her unnies standing in front of her. Jeongyeon gave her a small smile, not the ones she was used to. "Come join us for lunch."

Tzuyu wanted to, but she remembered the person she hurt. "B-But..."

"She's okay with it." Momo interrupted her before she could utter a word.

Tzuyu broke down after hearing Momo's words. "I don't deserve this."

"We can't keep doing this Tzuyu. Ignoring each other and acting like it's okay." Jeongyeon said, offering her had to Tzuyu. Tzuyu took it and stood up, pulling her unnie into a hug.

"l'm so sorry unnie." She sobbed, pulling Jeongyeon closer, the older girl rub

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter