chapter fourteen

fragments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu woke up with the same determination on her mind. She got up from her bed and looked around the room, noticing how the place looked empty ever since Jihyo left.

'Don't worry.' She smiled. 'She'll be coming home soon enough.'

Tzuyu for herself ready for school, feeling giddy as she think of Jihyo finally coming back home with her. She skipped out of the apartment and rode her bike to school, seeing Jihyo's back entering the school gates. She stopped just beside Jihyo and greeted the only girl.

"Hi unnie."

Jihyo turned and saw Tzuyu's blinding smile, returning back a fake one as she felt something drop from her heart again. Just like those other days, just like those times Tzuyu smiled at her like nothing ever happened.

Something in her ached every time she saw Tzuyu. Somehow in her just...hurt every time she saw the person she vowed to love until she gives her last breath. It's like, she's feeling the total opposite of what she's supposed to feel.

That instead of excitement, or happiness, she only feels...pain...and emptiness.

But she doesn't speak of it.

Because why would she?

"Hi Tzuyu." The older girl greeted the younger, making a smile stretch on Tzuyu's face. Tzuyu then continued pedaling towards the bike rack, getting off of her bike as soon as she arrived, locking her bike after.

She jogged towards Jihyo and walked along with her, a beaming smile on her face. "How's your day so far?" She asked the older girl.

Jihyo looked away and shrugged. "Pretty normal. Besides, the day hasn't even started yet."

Tzuyu nodded as a wider smile appeared on her face. "True."

Jihyo turned to her. ''What about you?"

"This day started out fine." Tzuyu turned her gaze towards the older. "because I've got you in it now.''

Tzuyu laughed at her cheesiness, while Jihyo only looked somewhere and released a forced chuckle.

It pained her.

"Let's just try to get to our own classes, shall we?" Tzuyu noticed her unnie's avoidance about the topic of them, and it hurt her. But she tried not to let it get her down.

Tzuyu smiled and silently grabbed Jihyo's bag, flashing the older girl a wink when Jihyo turned to look at her. They walked in silence as Tzuyu accompanied Jihyo to her first class, their hands dangling just beside each other.

Jihyo hoped that Tzuyu won't take the courage and stop herself from holding her hand.

Tzuyu hoped for the opposite.

If there was anything she wanted to do, it would be to hold Jihyo's hands forever.

But she didn't know what she does to Jihyo.

She didn't know that it kills Jihyo when she touches her.

Tzuyu grabbed Jihyo's hand.

Jihyo wished she could disappear now.

"Unnie, can I do this? Will you let me?"

Jihyo wanted to say no. Jihyo wanted to pull her handle away and curse the younger girl for actingnlike she never did anything wrong. Jihyo wanted to tell her to stop acting like she's wooing her because she did a small, petty mistake.

No.

It wasn't just a small mistake.

It was a huge mistake.

And the biggest mistake of Tzuyu was that it was a choice.

She chose to cheat.

She chose to break Jihyo's heart.

But what can Jihyo do?

She's not the kind of person to hold a grudge, she doesn't retaliate.

So she nodded.

Because she can't hurt Tzuyu in any way even though Tzuyu caused her pain in the most horrible way.

Tzuyu's happiness skyrocke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter